(2) ‘Pokemon Smash’ Announcing a New Game, New Movie 15th Poster: Two Kyurem Formes, Meloetta Reveal

^The formes are not compatible but since there is the placeholder data for Kyurem, BW1 can see the regular Kyurem sprite. If they made a new ability, since there's none programmed in BW, that would be problematic.

But then again...
They gave Reshiram and Zekrom a plain stupid Mold Breaker
and yet.. they gave them fancy names
Turboblaze and Teravolt
For purely cosmetic purposes!

And then Kyurem would just keep the same old Pressure?

Anyways
I just summed up my current thoughts regarding this topic into a journal if anyone wants a read:
http://saiph-charon.deviantart.com/journal/Mystery-about-Kyurems-formes-My-take-on-it-288790765

^I just read your post. You have a good theory. I'm still not sure about the formes' stats though. I thought Kyurem had 90-90 defenses because it is weaker than the other two. I was hoping they'd boost the formes' defenses a bit. Maybe by decreasing the unfocused offensive stat on the respective forme.
I also noticed myself some time ago that they never change the HP stat between formes. Like never. My guess is that since the HP works in a different way compared to the other stats (I don't know specific details), they don't touch it.
Finally, I'm also deep down hoping that they still make something closer to the original dragon...

For two-way transformations, they keep the HP the same. And for one-way transformations, such as Pokémon evolution, the base HP always goes up. This leads me to believe there are programming problems if a Pokémon's total base HP ever decreases in any way.

In any case, if Team Plasma gets to it first (and the villainous team rarely does), then one of two things will happen: Either they never actually catch Kyurem and just bring it around like it was a tank (such as with Mewtwo), or they catch it but lose it by it rebelling or them releasing Kyurem voluntarily (which has yet to happen, but seeing what happened with N actually getting Reshiram or Zekrom, it just might).

Ophie said:
For two-way transformations, they keep the HP the same. And for one-way transformations, such as Pokémon evolution, the base HP always goes up. This leads me to believe there are programming problems if a Pokémon's total base HP ever decreases in any way.

In any case, if Team Plasma gets to it first (and the villainous team rarely does), then one of two things will happen: Either they never actually catch Kyurem and just bring it around like it was a tank (such as with Mewtwo), or they catch it but lose it by it rebelling or them releasing Kyurem voluntarily (which has yet to happen, but seeing what happened with N actually getting Reshiram or Zekrom, it just might).

I think this is great tbh. You have thought of a good theory.

Found big pictures of the art on the games' covers on another site (that shall not be named)
Black+Kyurem+from+2ch.jpg

White+Kyurem+from+2ch.jpg

They look coolio!

Ophie said:

What about shedinja? well maybe the game does not count that as an evolution but an event like when you get a pokemon from a person.

Shedinja is counted as a separate Pokémon from Nincada. It's not like in the TCG where it evolves from it.

Back