(1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawlucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

RE: (1) Rumor: New Pokemon Greninja, Hawklucha, and Binacle Revealed? [9/29]

I wake up to this? Internet, at least you haven't exploded yet.

Anyway, Greninja is kinda cool, but it's design is lacking in something. It has an incomplete feel to me.

The rest...urm....I'm hoping they're fakemon. They're drenched in that 'fan-made' sent. If they turn out to be real, I just won't catch them. =p

Greninja, seems pretty fake:
1. the text for water doesn't match up with what has already been seen in offical images and demo play. http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380473256375.png
2. The froakie line appears to have TM bubbles on it which are absent here.
3. The model seems lesser quality to what we have seen from others in my opinion.

Am I the only one noticing that the view page now looks like sprites? Maybe the torchic and chespin animations were for advertising purposes or originally were implemented but replaced for sprites as homage to people/sites that use sprites?

Photonkrios95 said:
1. the text for water doesn't match up with what has already been seen in offical images and demo play. http://images.4chan.org/vp/src/1380473256375.png
3. The model seems lesser quality to what we have seen from others in my opinion.

Go look at the Torchic animation, they changed the A at some point

I am so disappointed these are probably fake; barnacles are one of my top favorite animals, and I've always wanted a barnacle pokemon like that since the beginning. I could possibly do without the human-like cartoon faces on them, but on the other hand, those grumpy eyes are hilarious.

I also think the tongue scarf is an awesome idea for a frog-ninja.

Photonkrios95 said:

1, They changed the font. You can see this in the official torchic gif.
2. Some theorized that they're playing off the fact that the bubbles were from the egg sac. Many frog species lay their eggs in a nest of bubbles. So by the time he grew up, they were gone.
3. That's an opinion.

WPM must be loving the traffic to his forums!

Most of it seems legit, but I am just a bit uncertain about Greninja. Hawklucha and Binacle seem to be plausible, if not real.

Semi-Topic: What is the thing with all rumor pictures is shit quality?
Like, I would take clear images atleast if I was going to leak something.

Topic: I like every pokemon but Greninja, why that tongue?
Hawklucha is like a pokemon version of Songbird from Bioshock infinite! I like it :)

Hey guys someone pointed this out and I checked and it's legit:

Extrasensory's PP: 30

Extrasensory on Greninja: 20

._. ...

Pokewiz1999 said:

._. ...

Yep. Someone made that point. I reiterated it. Now you. Still people won't listen.

Ohman177 said:
Pokewiz1999 said:

._. ...

Yep. Someone made that point. I reiterated it. Now you. Still people won't listen.

I'm just glad there's a chance it's fake...

Edit: If people don't want to listen that's their problem.

It's already been confirmed in interviews that many moves have been changed in X/Y. That might be even more proof that these are real.

Pokewiz1999 said:
Ohman177 said:

It's so terrible it hurts me lol.

Gredinja just looks fake. His head looks very polygonal and almost "paper."
However, I really like the Flying/Fighting bird. I'm pretty convinced that he's legit because multiple sources have pictures of him.

Water Pokémon Master said:
It's already been confirmed in interviews that many moves have been changed in X/Y. That might be even more proof that these are real.

O i had no idea....
Oh no there's more of a chance it could be real :(

Pokewiz1999 said:
Ohman177 said:

I do agree that the PP match up might be plausible...but there's also a chance that Extrasensory lost some PP. Vine Whip hopped from 15 to 25...

EDIT: Oh I got beat. Still, there's been fakes almost EVERY DAY at least. It really makes one wary...

Just for accuracy; the picture says ''Hawlucha'', not ''Hawklucha''.

Pokewiz1999 said:

._. ...

Vine Whip's PP: 15

Vine Whip's PP in the official Chespin screenshot: 25

They already confirmed that several moves will change regarding accuracy and PP.

Ohman177 said:

O i had no idea....
Oh no there's more of a chance it could be real :(

If it's real I'm ditching Froakie 'cause that evo is CRAAAAAAAAAAAP... If they're all crap I'll just throw it in the box and use other mons lol.

IMO anyone faking images like these would not go through all this work only to mess up the PP's of one move. We know the PP's of some moves have already changed, so this seems to be even more proof that these are real.

And the base power/PP changes aren't even new to X and Y. That happens nearly every generation.

Daifen said:
Those are so horribly fake it's not even funny. Greninja's design makes absolutely no sense - the colors are off (No yellow eyes, where did the dark blue go?) if anything, Froakie's line is going to go darker in color (much like a certain other water starter, Oshawott),
I think this "Charizard" thing is fake Where did the dark red coloring of Charmeleon go? Every member of Chikorita's line has a different main color, are they fake?
the head things are too sharp (in fact the entire head),
That's just a personal opinion
and might I add that from what I have seen, Froakie's bubble scarf is -absolutely necessary- for its attacks?
Every other Water type can just shoot bubbles from its mouth.
And here's a helpful tip from Bulbapedia: Reviewers are NOT ALLOWED TO REVEAL ANYTHING ABOUT THE FINAL EVOLUTIONS. Anything pertaining them should be thought of as 'false unless proven true', and the only way they'll be true is when the games are officially out.
Do you not know how leaks work? Anybody doing reviewing of beta testing or working on the game has to sign a Non Disclosure Agreement. They are breaking their contract. This happens all the time. Samurott was leaked last gen and even though people disliked and didn't believe it, it happened to be true, so "the only way they'll be true is when the games are officially out" is just wrong.
EDIT: Also, one other thing I noticed - assuming that Hawlucha's got a Black Belt...why do I only see 'Belt'? It's too close to the edge of the screen - if it was a 'Black Belt', wouldn't it be a bit closer to the moves?
Another baseless, subjective, personal opinion. To me, it looks like there's enough room for Black to fit in there. The pokeballs for the rest of the team are cut off. Compared to the Greninja pic, it looks about the same spacing for both held items.

Back