(1) May 'CoroCoro' Leaks in Full - New BW2 Details! [4/11]

Oh, I just /now/ notice it's a movie theater. For a minute there I thought they were going to throw new Pokemon on us. Then I realized that's a stupid idea.

Hmmmm... movie theatre? Sounds super exciting!! The more I see this, the more my excitement increases. Who is ready for some gameplay footage for this game?

Ice Arceus said:
New starters won't be available until Generation VI.

In a way, wasn't GSC a sequel to RGBY? But we label those as 2 separate generations, while we label BW and BW2 as the same generation.

The reasoning for that is because RGBY and GSC have completely different names, but BW2 has a 2 attached to a BW.

Not looking at the naming, I'm not entirely sure if in BW2, you are walking in the exact same region, just you go to different places first. If that's the case, it would be similar to playing the Kanto region in GSC.

Also wouldn't new starters, although it doesn't have to be brand new, accompany the new player character sprites? But it seems that this isn't the case here.

I wonder how they are going to do the theme decks. I know they have the same theme deck mascosts sometimes, such as Dark Rampage from Stormfront, and Chaos Control from HS unleashed, where they both have Tyrannitar as the cover Pokemon, so I wonder if the fall 2012 set theme decks, or the winter 2013, whichever one that focuses on BW2, will have Serperior, Emboar, and Samurott as the cover Pokemon again for those theme decks.

signofzeta said:
In a way, wasn't GSC a sequel to RGBY? But we label those as 2 separate generations, while we label BW and BW2 as the same generation.

The reasoning for that is because RGBY and GSC have completely different names, but BW2 has a 2 attached to a BW.

Different regions, new Pokemon.

I see Wesker Jr.'s hair looks even stranger in sprite form than Sugimori art form.
Just a bit discomforting.

TDL said:
Oh, I just /now/ notice it's a movie theater. For a minute there I thought they were going to throw new Pokemon on us. Then I realized that's a stupid idea.

At first I didn't even see it as a movie theater, until I saw the UFO and cameras to the side.

Oh! I see those are Crustle blocking the road. That's nifty!

Another close up....

99f31v

That ice isn't even placed like it would be naturally. It looks splotched around, kind of like clouds. It covers half the mountain, a bridge, and a desert? I think not! That goes to show that they're hiding more, but that's expected.

TDL said:
Oh! I see those are Crustle blocking the road. That's nifty!

I just noticed that as well, looks really cool like that. I wonder why they're blocking the path?

Thanks for the close-ups, Gin. :3 Nimbasa looks pretty much unchaged, at least from that image. (Of course there are many buildings missing since that's just the way the map is drawn, but what I mean is there aren't any new major buildings drawn there, it seems.) Maybe it doesn't reflect the final product. *Shrug*

I'm still a bit upset Sugimori's art for Meloetta's formes has yet to be released, even with the official movie site's latest update. It's almost as if he didn't draw them at all, though that simply can't be the case. What are they holding onto them for? On a side note, for those who haven't seen the latest trailer on the movie's site it shows Kyurem transforming into White Kyurem - it's a pretty cool process (albeit short).

Emboar7 said:
I just noticed that as well, looks really cool like that. I wonder why they're blocking the path?

It's probably going to be similar to the Psyducks blocking the pathway to Celestic Town. The guy in the white coat will probably ask you to retrieve an item to move the Crustle.

Just gonna let you guys know, the official website (Japanese) has now added a trailer!

After seeing the clip, I'm positive the Ice is just there to hide something like they normally use clouds for..

Here is the clip BlueEmboar'n'Bisharp was talking about: http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/?a001=msign

Clip shows game play and it seems like they've made minor changes to the battles.

Finally, (what seems to be) fully-animated opposing trainer sprites. Done in the style of the Pokémon animations. This is something I expected them to do in the first games after I saw the way the Pokémon were animated. Hopefully this becomes the standard for all trainers from here on out and isn't dropped for 99% of the trainers (as was done in BW1).

The battle bars look good, especially the EXP area. So far the minor touches to some of the basic parts of BW look fairly solid, so hopefully any further changes continue in the same manner. White and Black Kyurem's sprites aren't too bad, either.

The Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 trailer is on Serebii, if you want to go check it out.

EDIT:

It doesn't show much. I also have a question, tomorrow on Pokemon Smash, will they be showing more information on B2/W2? What kind of info? Please answer and thanks.

There's also gameplay of Black Kyurem and White Kyurem too! Using their moves on Serperior! Apparently, When you pre-order Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 in Japan you get Black Kyurem and White Kyurem keychains!! So cool!

Emboar7 said:
The Pokemon Black 2 and White 2 trailer is on Serebii, if you want to go check it out.

EDIT:

It doesn't show much. I also have a question, tomorrow on Pokemon Smash, will they be showing more information on B2/W2? What kind of info? Please answer and thanks.

They'll be showing battles between Black and White Kyurem and probably other features that will be found throughout the game.

Hi guys, am I late to the party?

Translation of the video (guide to reading this - everything in {} is stuff that appears on-screen, everything that isn't is narration):

The newest entry in the pokemon series - Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 for the Nintendo DS! Taking place 2 years after the events of Black and White, a new adventure will soon be born! {white on black text: completely new legendary pokemon!} {Black Kyurem and White Kyurem} The new legendary pokemon, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem! {white on black text: new characters shall create a brand new story!} {blue text: Protagonist (male)} There are also brand new characters! {pink text: Protagonist (female)} {blue text: the protagonist's childhood friend, Rival --- speech bubble: Here I come!} {pink text: An enemy? An ally? A strange character... Akuroma --- speech bubbles: C'mon! Fight! Yay!} A new rival and a strange character play a part in this new story! There are also new Gym Leaders which you will battle! {pink text: New Gym Leader Homika --- blue text: New Gym Leader Shizui} {white on black text: A never-before seen Unova Reigon!} The Unova region has evolved, bringing with it new places and monuments that weren't there two years ago! {dialogue on bottom: Black 2, "Kuh..." "That worker's in the way! I can't use my pokemon!"} {dialogue: "Kick his ass!" "Kyaa!"} {dialogue: "Bonjour!" "I love you!" "Welcome!"} New places and cities, and a new story! New gyms which you'll take on! Engrossing battles with trainers in the evolved Unova region! A new adventure is waiting for you! Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, on sale starting June 23rd!

BTW, I didn't TLC this at all. Maybe 1 minor error. Possibly 2.

Back