(1) May 'CoroCoro' Leaks in Full - New BW2 Details! [4/11]

puddizzle said:
Translation of the video (guide to reading this - everything in {} is stuff that appears on-screen, everything that isn't is narration):

The newest entry in the pokemon series - Pokemon Black 2 and Pokemon White 2 for the Nintendo DS! Taking place 2 years after the events of Black and White, a new adventure will soon be born! {white on black text: completely new legendary pokemon!} {Black Kyurem and White Kyurem} The new legendary pokemon, Black Kyurem and White Kyurem! {white on black text: new characters shall create a brand new story!} {blue text: Protagonist (male)} There are also brand new characters! {pink text: Protagonist (female)} {blue text: the protagonist's childhood friend, Rival --- speech bubble: Here I come!} {pink text: An enemy? An ally? A strange character... Akuroma --- speech bubbles: C'mon! Fight! Yay!} A new rival and a strange character play a part in this new story! There are also new Gym Leaders which you will battle! {pink text: New Gym Leader Homika --- blue text: New Gym Leader Shizui} {white on black text: A never-before seen Unova Reigon!} The Unova region has evolved, bringing with it new places and monuments that weren't there two years ago! {dialogue on bottom: Black 2, "Kuh..." "That worker's in the way! I can't use my pokemon!"} {dialogue: "Kick his grass!" "Kyaa!"} {dialogue: "Bonjour!" "I love you!" "Welcome!"} New places and cities, and a new story! New gyms which you'll take on! Engrossing battles with trainers in the evolved Unova region! A new adventure is waiting for you! Pokemon Black 2 and White 2, on sale starting June 23rd!

Also, if one was to look at the video, if you notice at one part of the video, there are some extras for you to notice:

* Akuroma is hosting the complimentary Battle Tower thingy.
* A film with the Male Boy and something that looks like a Leavanny is being made.
* Said film has an odd robotic Zekrom/Kyurem thingy (NOT Black Kyurem)
* A floating Mincinno in a Forest.

That said, I think the 3D Animation of Black Kyurem, and White Kyurem look AMAZING. Nice animation, almost on par with a late Gamecube, well, game, I might add.

TDL said:
That ice isn't even placed like it would be naturally. It looks splotched around, kind of like clouds. It covers half the mountain, a bridge, and a desert? I think not! That goes to show that they're hiding more, but that's expected.
They did the same thing with clouds when B/W1 was first revealed.

I do think its interesting that there are new towns in the southwest corner of the region, possibly to replace towns that were frozen over by the ice. I can see two towns down there, possibly a third.

Lots of ice coming from the northeast corner of Unova makes sense though, because that's where the Giant Chasm is.

Wow, that trailer showed so much more.
Perhaps the Water Type gym will be in Undella Town (might be a city) and the competion thing will replace the Pokemon Musical?

Here is the map of the unova region that i cleaned up. Click on it for a larger image. The ice is a censor as you can see through it.

@reshiramdude: I have a cleaner map, not blurry or with a caption
Unova_B2W2.png

I have something even cooler...

unova_differences_by_kymotonian-d4w7xfl.gif

Also. On the eastern mountains. An airplane. Hoenn confirmed. No but really, we might actually get to fly somewhere. Also, this time a plane is also visible on the map in Mistralton. I can also see new islands under the ice.

I'm really surprised about those two new Gym Leaders, I wonder which Gym Leaders they will replace. Then again, perhaps not. I love the idea of giving us options to battle different (more than 8 but only need 8 badges) gyms, just like in the anime. But hey, that's my 2 cents.

Finally, It's about time to have a new poison-type Leader, don't you think? She looks really cool. As for the new water-type Gym Leader, the clothes he wearing reminds me of a shark, especially the fins. Make me wonder if he is using Sharpedo, if not, probably the Sesimitoad line due to the lily pads in his Gym. Frogs likes to "hang out" on the lily pads. :p

Euryus said:
I'm really surprised about those two new Gym Leaders, I wonder which Gym Leaders they will replace. Then again, perhaps not. I love the idea of giving us options to battle different (more than 8 but only need 8 badges) gyms, just like in the anime. But hey, that's my 2 cents.

Finally, It's about time to have a new poison-type Leader, don't you think? She looks really cool. As for the new water-type Gym Leader, the clothes he wearing reminds me of a shark, especially the fins. Make me wonder if he is using Sharpedo, if not, probably the Sesimitoad line due to the lily pads in his Gym. Frogs likes to "hang out" on the lily pads. :p

I have an idea of who's being replaced. Cilan, Chilli, & Cress, Lenora, & Brycen. I say this because if you look on the map the cities which hold these Gyms are covered (hidden) by ice implying something has changed there.

So since two new gym leaders have already been revealed that leaves one more possible new gym leader.

I think one of the reasons gamefreak is making these game true sequels and just not a remake of the old games is to make it "worth buying" even thought it is for DS which is at the end of its lifetime. If it was just the average "gray" version I think it would be hard for many 3ds owners to justify buying it.

Just translated it and this is what i got for the first paragraph of the Japanese writing on the official website:

Stage of the adventure, a kind of region two years later from the "Pokemon Black and White"!
Indicate the stage of the adventure, a map of the frozen sheets, and Why some kind of accident that occurred in a rural location two years later, what relationship.

Second paragraph:

The city of departure, blackberry lily City

This adventure begins with a town called "blackberry lily City". You're town is located in the southwest region of a kind!

The other stuff was just nothing and describing views from a house.
What really interests me is where it says "Why some kind of accident that occurred in a rural location".

What does this mean?

OMGxShante said:
I have an idea of who's being replaced. Cilan, Chilli, & Cress, Lenora, & Brycen. I say this because if you look on the map the cities which hold these Gyms are covered (hidden) by ice implying something has changed there.

So since two new gym leaders have already been revealed that leaves one more possible new gym leader.
there has been at least one change and thats the islands the ice is barely transparent
but if you look hard enough everything is basically the same

Pokemon Smash aired. News!

-Snivy, Tepig, and Oshawott confirmed for starters
-Hiougi City is the largest starting town ever (it is a city after all :p)
-Pokemon have new battle animations
-Routes appear to look...newer, so to speak, and more detailed
-You can find Azurill and Lillipup on one of the early routes

Pretty excited about the news. I was already gonna pick up one of the two, but I'm probably gonna do so on release day now!

Sorry, you may have already seen this but, this is footage from Pokemon Sash last night.

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=lJlA3hbi0JU[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VjvE91IzZG0&feature=relmfu[/video]

[video=youtube]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zUfp8np0F6s&feature=relmfu[/video]

OMGxShante said:

The beach is below the ice though.
And thats where the water gym is located.
http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/b2w2/characters/character04.html

I'm about to prove to you that the ice is just there to cover up things not wanted to be revealed yet, not actually part of the game. A map is suggested to understand my points.

1. Look at Anville Town(or at least I think that's the name of the train station town with no story significance way up in the Northwest part of Unova only available by train). Notice the random piece of ice to the West of it. Why would Game Freak bother putting ice way out in the middle of nowhere if they weren't trying to hide something?

2. Now for the main part of my argument. You may want to look at the new map next to the old Unova map. If you look closely, you can see clouds below the ice in the exact same spot they were in the old Unova map. This is obviously an over-lay. Even if it weren't, why would we see the clouds underneath the ice. That's implying the ice sheet if thousands of feet high. High enough to cover clouds and yet it still see through the ice a little. I'm no glaciologist, but I seriously doubt you'd be able to see that well through thousands of feet of ice.

This is probably going to be a stupid question, but why can't get the US get B2/W2 earlier and is it possible for that to happen?

Emboar7 said:
This is probably going to be a stupid question, but why can't get the US get B2/W2 earlier and is it possible for that to happen?

Why can't we get it earlier? Localization, I suppose, but that doesn't take a horrible amount of time (see: Kid Icarus: Uprising [bad example]). Nintendo is Nintendo.

Is it possible for that to happen? Not with B2W2. But man, this localization gap gets smaller and smaller each time. Maybe the Gen VI games will be released in near-tandem. Maybe.

Back