News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I reckon this will get 3 Geodudes only, not enough damage. You need to evolve many in one turn to maximise attack.

Hm, I wonder if GUR Machoke would immediately stop this Ability once the Basic Pokemon hits the Bench...

It does say 「ベンチポケモン」 in its attack.

Yeah, I eventually realized that. I was watching a video about the card. Both the slide used in the video and the announcer in the video say it wrong.

You don't need a ruling. The abilities clearly say "when you put this Pokémon on your bench during your turn".
On the other hand, TMSB doesn't say when you have to play the Pokémon, so it does apply the damage (so it would be 50 damage). This functions exactly like Captivating Poké-Puff so it's not something new.
Actually we never got a ruling on CPP the closest we have was from the DP era which says they do take the damage
Q. If I use Lumineon's Poke-POWER "Fin Luster" to place a basic fire type pokemon from my opponent's hand onto his or her bench would Miasma Valley place 2 damage counters on it?
A. Yes, you would place the 2 damage counters for Miasma Valley. Despite the wording of Fin Luster, it is still the opponent putting their own Pokemon onto their own Bench. (Apr 16, 2009 PUI Rules Team)

This will not work with TMSB. The Pokemon is being 'forced' frm the hand. Its not a player directly putting it down from their hand. It may not be clear but this is most likley how this works.

This will not work with TMSB. The Pokemon is being 'forced' frm the hand. Its not a player directly putting it down from their hand. It may not be clear but this is most likley how this works.
see my previous post for evidence against this
When has CPP triggered Hoopa and Shaymin?
In Japan, the initial ruling said you could, however, you never know

Not sure if this is really worth it. Discard 2 to discard one energy as your supporter for the turn is kinda bad, especially with Team Flare Grunt being almost as good with no downside and Crushing Hammer being just as good, but with a coin flip and no discard. Also, as long as Delinquent is a thing, reducing your hand size is not a good idea.

But this can let you discard the energy without using a tool and gives you more flexibility about where you drop the energy. I also like the idea with Darkrai GX. I really want my darkrai deck to still be relevant.

But this can let you discard the energy without using a tool and gives you more flexibility about where you drop the energy. I also like the idea with Darkrai GX. I really want my darkrai deck to still be relevant.

Just play Ultra Ball or Sycamore, then.

I don't know how much more clearly I can state this:

If you want discards, Ultra Ball and Sycamore are your best options. Ultra Ball gets you Pokemon to play (or discard) and Sycamore gives you more cards to play (or discard). Plumeria stagnates your hand by burning resources and giving you none in return.

If you want energy denial, you'll need a lot of it, and having a cost of discarding 2 cards AND using up your supporter for the turn makes it hard to stream Plumeria.

From experience of playing Ho-oh EX (DRX) back in the day, you don't need a ton of discarding cards. Ho-oh EX wanted itself and 3 different basic energy in the discard, and I got away with playing 4 Ultra Ball, 4 Juniper(Sycamore), and a Computer Search.

It is so heavy but coul e used with max elixirs and Alolan Dugtrios. I does 300 in a mirror match!

Too bad we're losing field :(

We need some rulings here:
1. Do they get to use the ability (i.e. Setup, Wonder Tag, Scoundrel ring)
2. Are they damaged by TMSB

1.No, because their ability says when YOU play this pokemon on your bench, ...
2. I do not know.

Is wobbuffet or sharpedo better? I think the damage wobbuffet can do is just so good.

IMO I would say Sharpedo is better. Being a stage 1 has a slight disadvantage, but the cost is easier to pay, and has guaranteed damage, even if the opponent has free retreat, natural/stadium/float stone. Although, anytime the retreat is 3 or more, wobbuffet dishes out more damage.

Back