News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Personally, as someone who loves running decks that play with enemy retreat cost and discarding enemy attachments this is going to be a fun card. We just got Alola Dugtrio, which pairs perfectly with it. Not to mention we have stuff like Mystery Energy and Altar of the Moone to help it switch out if it really has to. If some set up support is needed we have stuff like Lunala GX to move psychic energy around, Lurantis GX to feed energies from the discard, Metagross GX attaches directly from the discard, Max Elixir lets us do extra attachment, Mallow + Elixir is an awesome instant attach.. It's really not that incredibly difficult to work with as a backup option at the very least.

For real though I only started playing again in Febuary and it feels like every time a card needs more than 2 of the same energy type it's automatically considered awful. I don't really understand it. Maybe I'm just playing too casually?

This card absolutely loves Buddy Buddy Rescue. Especially when playing against swarm decks or stuff like Gyarados that try to purposely kill off low-HP pokemon. Combining this with bench sniping Pokemon could make prize cards very easy to pull.

• Dusknoir - very interesting. The evo line is so helpful in some situations. Dusclops is weak ver. Of Trev BREAK in Dmg. Spread, Duskull is good on retrieving, Dusknoir is so interesting, as well. The ability helps its attack. 3 Geodudes

Actually we never got a ruling on CPP the closest we have was from the DP era which says they do take the damage

I do like the sound of putting a basic Pokémon from their hand onto the bench and then putting 5 damage counters on it. Do I see a new M Alakazam deck popping up? :p Everything is instantly knocked out! ... well almost

Love the artwork of the FA Kiawe! Will be interesting to see what it does.

And yay for Marril! Wish it was Fairy, though - would help out our Cube since there are so few Fairy cards in existence. Just would be nice to get more (non-GX/EX) Fairy cards in general. :p

Have to admit I'm just not a fan of how the Sun & Moon-era Full Arts and Rainbow/Hyper Rares look. They feel so bland with the Pokemon and a solid color background. Or in the case of Hyper Rares, the first time I pulled one I wasn't too sure what I was looking at.

For sure, Full Art Kiawe looks amazing though! Can't wait to add him to my collection!

Love the artwork of the FA Kiawe! Will be interesting to see what it does.

And yay for Marril! Wish it was Fairy, though - would help out our Cube since there are so few Fairy cards in existence. Just would be nice to get more (non-GX/EX) Fairy cards in general. :p
We've seen what it does, search your deck for 4 Fire energy and attach them to 1 of your Pokémon, shuffle your deck, and your turn ends.
I love the art on both Necrozma and Kiawe, hoping to pull the Kiawe at prerelease for my Volcanion deck.

I bet that Marill will be meta-changing.

Yes I totally have to agree. Take the team plasma full arts for example. Beautifully done. They're bad ass. The first time someone played a full art Ghetsis against me it sent shivers down my spine. The new full arts are just straight lazy. It's a pokemon with just lame ass solid background. No work put into it. Probably took them less than 30 mins to come up with the artwork. I totally miss the old black and white full arts, they were so badass and so intricately done.
Have to admit I'm just not a fan of how the Sun & Moon-era Full Arts and Rainbow/Hyper Rares look. They feel so bland with the Pokemon and a solid color background. Or in the case of Hyper Rares, the first time I pulled one I wasn't too sure what I was looking at.

For sure, Full Art Kiawe looks amazing though! Can't wait to add him to my collection!

I like the idea of the hyper rares but the new Full Arts are kinda bland compared to the old ones.

They looked alright at first but then I realised the backgrounds are all bland, single-colour and that colour is uniform for ALL pokemon of that type (i know there were a few same type pokemon such as hydreigon/giratina and umbreon/tyranitar that had similar backgrounds on their FAs but at least the backgrounds had really good art that wasn't just a bland colour) and they rely too much on the textures in the design, unlike the old FAs where the texture was more of a finish to make them look that little bit better.

The FA trainers are still good though. I doubt they'll ever change those

I guess Marill is made of yarn and the attacks are Nap and Water Gun.

• Eeeeww! Full arts, I don't play them. I love it, I don't play them

Not that anyone's particularly interested, but Marill's first attack is Bubble, which will probably be the "Flip a coin, if heads paralysis" like every other water type bubble. The thumb is covering the damage but it'll be 10 or 0.

The second attack is Slam for 20 i think.

I like the idea of Hyper Rares, but I agree that the normal full arts for pokemon seem to have dived in quality. Guess they wanted to keep thing consistent.

So we got a case where the entire line can make viable tech choices.

• For Duskull, you have away to bring back your pokemon from the discard pile (and one that Garb can't touch). The catch is that pokemon like Lele or Shaymin might not be able to use their abilities to plus, well that the need for Rainbow energy and that you have to attack to use it, but Diancie is similar and if you evolve the pokemon, you can make up for the lost damage..
  • 'clops and 'noir can then be used to spread damage around and try to get multiple KOs. Of course, your your own bench would be damaged by one of them so tread carefully.

Back