News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

2. Prof. Lev Gotta pull 'em all!
    Prof. Lev

3. Shishigami Aspiring Trainer
    Shishigami

Surely the most suitable pokémon to be granted the Rainbow rarity, none other then the beautiful, incandescent elegance that is the golden rainbow phoenix, Ho-Oh. Praise be with the Golden lord of ressurection and reincarnation.

4. Chrswrites Aspiring Trainer
    Chrswrites

I want a set with only Secret Rares!
    Too bad this isn't a Johto set with Lugia GX and the Legendary Beasts GX.

5. Athena Envoy of Mediation
    Athena

Advanced Member Member

How exactly would that work? No one knows any of the cards and 99 out of 100 packs are completely empty? :p

The-Kaiser, xTITAN and riChchestMat like this.
  6. JL_muserwolves

Advanced Member Member

September? Wouldn't this correspond to our August set right before Worlds?

More basic GX's will probably be a good thing! That's going to have to be one heck of a GX attack for Ho-Oh. [R][W][G][L] for some sort of crazy effect maybe, or it's an energy setup move like Solgaleo's, or maybe I'm getting ahead of myself and just need that rainbow rare rainbow bird in my life right now. This is going to be a long few months.

7. MystikX Aspiring Trainer
    MystikX

With the way Sun & Moon was boxed, this might as well be the case.

Lord o da rings and Purrloin like this.
  8. crystal_pidgeot Bird Trainer *Vaporeon on PokeGym*
    crystal_pidgeot

It's about time Ho-Oh got some movie love. Now my only hope is the card doesn't suck and that I get a new Pidgeot card to mess around with. I hope Ho-Oh is a fire type because Grass and Metal are going to be OP.

9. carrotfoot Aspiring Trainer
    carrotfoot

Poor Ho-oh seems to never get anything to its own. It had to share its own BREAK box with Lugia. Hopefully this set means good times are coming for it.

10. silversalamence10 Top Hat Regulator
    silversalamence10

Ho-Oh and Necrozma are certainly an interesting combination as far as cover cards for corresponding sets go.

We're in Gen 7, so clearly it'll be 700.

Skeleton Liar likes this.
  11. Skeleton Liar サーナ~
    Skeleton Liar

Did You See the Fighting Rainbow? As opposed to "Can you feel that hybrid rainbow?" (Lyrics from Hybrid Rainbow, a song by my favorite band, the pillows, which was used in episode 2 of my favorite anime, FLCL.)

I'm actually really looking forward to seeing what will be in these sets! And I'm hoping Ho-oh GX will be interesting and playable. The past two EX's weren't super great. The first one saw very little play, and the last one probably hasn't seen any play. (Meanwhile, both Lugia EX's were very much playable.) Necrozma will probably be nifty too.

500 secret rares feels accurate. >:| Pull rates for Sun and Moon booster boxes were nonsense. Only 12 packs can have a combination of holos and ultra rares, 1 to maybe 2 of which are full arts, and maybe 1 rainbow rare or secret rare. Right before the set came out, there were reports that full arts took the place of the reverse and the secret rare energies took the place of the regular energy. I pre-ordered two booster boxes because it sounded like TPCi got their act together and made the pull rates a little bit better since there were so many ultra rares. But no, none of that was true. (There was confusion about some boxes which had the full art and reverse switch places, but the full art didn't replace the reverse.) All things considered, I'd say the pull rates are worse than XY sets (which I would say had decent ultra rare pull rates, most of the time). Now, more than ever, TPCi needs to look back to the HGSS sets. Put regular GX's in the reverse slot and have 5 to 6 per box. Keep the full arts, rainbow rares, and secret rare as the rare slot, but have 4 to 5 per box. (And increase the holo pull rate slightly. Between two boxes, I still didn't come close to pulling all of the holos, and that's just sad.) /end rant

Right, but we now have just over 800 Pokemon, and Necrozma is #800, so obviously it will be 800.

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 21, 2017
    xTITAN and Athena like this.
  12. Special Riolu Aspiring Trainer
    Special Riolu

How can there be 500?

13. silversalamence10 Top Hat Regulator
    silversalamence10

I like how we're getting into a bidding war regarding the amount of secret rares this set will have.

xTITAN likes this.
  14. ArceusTrainer Arceus Collector
    ArceusTrainer

My wallet cant survive this apocalypse of sr

xTITAN and Gamerdynasty4ever like this.
  15. riChchestMat Aspiring Trainer
    riChchestMat

If you have to ask how many SRs there will be, you can't afford it.

16. TheScarfedPiplup Aspiring Trainer
    TheScarfedPiplup

Necrozma is a prism. When you shine light through a prism, it becomes a rainbow. Ho-oh is the rainbow Pokemon!

Can I be MatPat now? :p

17. mwooper Aspiring Trainer
    mwooper

Can you feel that hybrid rainbow ! Also nth for rip wallet

18. Wockomtosh Aspiring Trainer
    Wockomtosh

There would be only 2 cards in the set and 99 out of 100 packs have 1 "normal" SR card, and you can get a special secret rainbow hyper SR card.

19. Weavile GX Nebby!
    Weavile GX

I hope Necrozma (My favorite Alola Pokemon) will be Playable as a GX

20. Tails19950 Aspiring Trainer
    Tails19950

And I'm guessing after this set comes the Ultra Beasts!!!!! :D

Or even a couple in this set :)

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 2 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?