News Japan's SM3 Sets for the 20th Movie Feature Ho-Oh and Necrozma!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Feb 21, 2017.

1. Water Pokémon Master I like Pokemon more than you. :D
    Water Pokémon Master

Webmaster News Head Activities Head Elite Member Advanced Member Member

If only they had been white Energies!

2. AuraJackle Aspiring Trainer
    AuraJackle

why you gotta bring color into this. all energy cost are created equal

3. DaBoss Gamer Aspiring Trainer
    DaBoss Gamer

Cost too expensive....

4. EdGeorge92 TCG collector
    EdGeorge92

Join the DCE master race

5. DeDeNNe Di-Denki Nitro Neon, or De2NNe. Very Lethal
    DeDeNNe

clunky af, would have been goof if had colorless energy

6. Kontoleon Aspiring Trainer
    Kontoleon

Is looks like bad card, but is little fun if played correct. Cards looks like Team Aqua Mac, Team Aqua Secret Base, (i know is not legal now, but looks like with some effect cards i mean) may help this card, to be a little more playable

7. wonderful_whismur The most wonderful whismur in the world
    wonderful_whismur

If only it was something like:
    [P] Shadow Knot: 20x damage. This attack does 20 damage for each [C] in your opponent’s Active Pokemon’s Retreat Cost.
    Then at the very least it could kill Garbodor.

GekkisaiDaiNi likes this.
  8. Mr. Rhyperior The Drill Pokemon. An evolve form of Rhydon.
    Mr. Rhyperior

• Wobbufet - the attack is gosh darn expensive! If it is a DCE, it could be an anti to most decks. This time, this counters 120-160 HP, Garbage with weird arms. 2-3 Geodudes.

9. UKmon Aspiring Trainer
    UKmon

I'd pair this with Alolan Dugtrio and Lunala-GX. Dugtrio adds more * to the opponent's Retreat Cost, Lunala can move Psychic Energy around, opening up to things like Max Potion etc. Only horrendous matchup I can think of is Garbodor, purely because of how Item-reliant this deck could be. But, it could be a lot of fun.

toddmoonbounce likes this.
  10. TotoBoss Kappa
    TotoBoss

the energy cost is just way too much, I'd rather stick to "Bide Barricade" Wobbuffet

11. Ramo0927 Stay away. I am literal cancer.
    Ramo0927

goshdangit, it's Toxapex GX all over again! I like this card except it's too expensive. Probably will see no play, but I might be wrong...

EDIT: I forgot Metagross GX was a thing. Whoops. But it would be a bit clunky if you had Metagross in your deck. Thank the lord Wobbuffett is a stage 1.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2017
  12. basilisx Aspiring Trainer
    basilisx

It should be 70x or 60x if you ask me, come on Pokémon, it's 3 energies. Why not a mediocre attack with a one or at max two energies cost?

This sounds pretty fine, or maybe for 2 energies 30x, but 3 for 50x? No thanks

13. Gold Weedle Aspiring Trainer
    Gold Weedle

Is there a middle ground between being to costly to use and being too strong? I see tons of complaints about either end of the spectrum and I'm sitting here like- team skull graffiti in a card art. Cool.

14. 21times Aspiring Trainer
    21times

Max elixir, Dugtrio, Team Aqua Base ... This card is WORSE than Garb. There will be a ton of these decks at worlds.

15. Sparkeagle Aspiring Trainer
    Sparkeagle

Wobbuffet is basic since Wynaut is a baby Pokémon

16. GekkisaiDaiNi #GekkiLogic/#GekkiFails
    GekkisaiDaiNi

What has this Wobbuffet been eating, iron?!?! Why is it so hard to make it attack??! Anyways, with Aqua Base and Alolan Dugtrio it would be doing 500 damage to Garbodor because of Weakness. Charging it up could possibly be accounted for by Rayquaza from Guardians, and maybe Energy could be kept on the board with Wish Baton, but I don't think this will see any play outside of some fun rogue decks.

17. hanfffff Aspiring Trainer
    hanfffff

18. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

Dusknoir looks interesting. The ability auto-fuels Mind Jack and with Choice Band he would be able to ohko stage 1 Pokémon GX. we will have to see whether there will be some support to enable us to stream him.

19. jessalakasam Floette is love Floette is life
    jessalakasam

Too bad we're losing field :(

We need some rulings here:
    1. Do they get to use the ability (i.e. Setup, Wonder Tag, Scoundrel ring)
    2. Are they damaged by TMSB

20. Epist Captain Clamps
    Epist

Advanced Member Member

:D VERY interesting ability. Combine it with sky field and the potential for a powerful attack is pretty high, as long as you can keep pulling basic pokemon (big if). But even if you don't, seeing your opponents hand is a huge advantage! Also could be used as a M Ray counter.

Glad to see a potentially playable Dusknoir line!

Viewing Now: 0 Members + 1 Guests

There are no registered members viewing this forum. Why not register here and start a discussion?