Z/XY-Sequels ARE Generation 7

MistressDark

Aspiring Trainer
A new region east of Kalos? Poke-Germany?

....I don't want a bratwurst Pokemon...
Strong speculation is that Sun and Moon will be based on Hawaii, hence the "flower" hint. I don't think it has anything to do with X & Y.

But then, we're all only speculating.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Strong speculation is that Sun and Moon will be based on Hawaii, hence the "flower" hint. I don't think it has anything to do with X & Y.

But Kalos had a clear flower-theme (all the cities being named after flowers, Flabebes in differently colored fields, the Eternal Floette with a flower of destruction, the actual destruction machine resembling a flower, etc....), so if anything, the "flowers" hint is completely pointing back to X&Y.

Platinum26

Man's gotta eat.

But then, we're all only speculating.

I think Hawaii is a legitimate posibility. The yellow fire trucks, rainbow on the license plates, tropical climate, the strange souvenir, the vivillion being traded in the direct can only be caught in Hawaii. Volcanion? There's a lot of evidence to support the possibility, and that's my best guess until more info is released.

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
I think Hawaii is a legitimate posibility. The yellow fire trucks, rainbow on the license plates, tropical climate, the strange souvenir, the vivillion being traded in the direct can only be caught in Hawaii. Volcanion? There's a lot of evidence to support the possibility, and that's my best guess until more info is released.

Still Hawaii is not the only place that's associated with flowers. Western Australia is the "Wildflower State", Holland has its tulips, the south of France is famous for Lavender, Spain, England, Ireland and Germany are famous for their roses, Austria and Switzerland have alpine flowers, Greece and Italy are famous for their Mediterranean flowers and blooming trees like lilac.
And palm trees don't automatically signify a "tropical" climate. The subtropics (aka the whole Mediterranean, California and large parts of Australia) also have palm trees. Even Ireland and the UK have palm trees in some areas.

Personally I find Spain, Italy or the South of France equally likely to Hawaii.

Celever

Wheeeee~
Still Hawaii is not the only place that's associated with flowers. Western Australia is the "Wildflower State", Holland has its tulips, the south of France is famous for Lavender, Spain, England, Ireland and Germany are famous for their roses, Austria and Switzerland have alpine flowers, Greece and Italy are famous for their Mediterranean flowers and blooming trees like lilac.
And palm trees don't automatically signify a "tropical" climate. The subtropics (aka the whole Mediterranean, California and large parts of Australia) also have palm trees. Even Ireland and the UK have palm trees in some areas.

Personally I find Spain, Italy or the South of France equally likely to Hawaii.
Europe is definitely a sensible enough theory. Really, more people just want an archapelagic region, and because humans are hopeless optimists, everyone's decided to centre their hopes on it... myself included!

Though I think a region based on Holland would be neat af. There's a decent amount about it in pop culture that could be played off of. The enemy team's base could be in a certain well-known district, and they could even have the medicinal herb seller in a coffee shop somewhere. Little nods to more adult players but still kid-friendly, much like Disney does with its films. There's much more potential for the region than there was with France, I think.

Either Holland or a Polynesian archipelago would be really neat! ^.^

professorlight

Ice Queen
But Kalos had a clear flower-theme (all the cities being named after flowers, Flabebes in differently colored fields, the Eternal Floette with a flower of destruction, the actual destruction machine resembling a flower, etc....), so if anything, the "flowers" hint is completely pointing back to X&Y.

You have no idea how much I hope you're right.

These games are far too promising right now; using Hawaii would just ruin that when they could use the south of France, or the UK, or even Spain! Spain has all the mediterranean beaches and Gaudí's architecture to play off of.

Besides, wasn't hoenn already a tropical, island-like region? we don't need that, we need more medieval castles and, ooh, Monte Carlo.

Orphalesion

Aspiring Trainer
they could even have the medicinal herb seller in a coffee shop somewhere.

No thank you. That "sub-culture" tries to insert itself into everything anyway, Gamefreak doesn't need to re-enforce that thought pattern. And I don't agree that the Netherlands have more to offer than France. Especially the famous French Rivera.

These games are far too promising right now; using Hawaii would just ruin that when they could use the south of France, or the UK, or even Spain! Spain has all the mediterranean beaches and Gaudí's architecture to play off of.

Besides, wasn't hoenn already a tropical, island-like region? we don't need that, we need more medieval castles and, ooh, Monte Carlo.

My thoughts exactly, only I'd also like some Roman ruins, (the Romans had a strong presence in France)

Platinum26

Man's gotta eat.
???

Keraunos

Aspiring Trainer
Nothing's wrong with this being a sequel, but it's kinda weird, don't you think? Hawaii is quite far from France. I know the "pokeverse" is different from the actual one but still. :p

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
Whether the regions are close to each other or not, I do feel like they are thematically connected through the legendaries

Sun/Moon --- Earth/Ecosystem --- Life/Death. Solgaleo and Lunaala are as closely integrated with Zygarde as Xerneas and Yveltal are. I don't believe they will simply ignore what XY and even Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire has set up for the origins of Mega Evolution and the role Zygarde potentially plays in the balance of life and death, as well as its role as the Earth guardian with Solgaleo and Lunaala.

godzilla41

https://www.facebook.com/planetscizor
Credit goes to a person named Beckham Pang

Z%2Bhexagons.png

"People are saying that the third legendary will be of an eclipse... But hear me out

Imo, it most likely has to do with sunset/rise.
Most importantly... Sunsets. From Solgaleo's entry, "the beast that devours the sun" isn't that a term of olden times where people thought the ocean ate up the sun?
And then, "the one who calls the moon" isn't it when time where the sun sets, the moon rises? So sunset and sunrise are the only times the sun and moon are in the sky.

Also, another evidence is when Zygarde is at 100% form, he has 5 colour cores. Red, Orange, White, Violet and Blue.

Red and Blue is no doubt Yvetal and Xerneas.
And Lunala's main colour scheme is Violet.
Solgaleo is a pretty white lion, which leaves us with orange.

Sunset and Sunrise, the main color of the sky is orange. The final legendary is an orange legendary to do with sunset." - Beckham Pang

What do you guys think?

Materious17

Pokemon Geologist
So I like the idea that Zygarde is related to Solgaleo and Lunala and I have always believed this to be the case when I saw the colors in Zygarde 100%'s chest.

However, I'm fairly certain that the white is more reminiscent of Zygarde's inert power than being related to Solgaleo. The orange color however fits Solgaleo as much as the blue one fits Xerneas. Solgaleos mane has prominent orange crystals and the logo for Pokemon Sun is orange.

So I don't know about any sunrise/sunset 3rd legendary, I'm fairly sure that Zygarde is the 3rd legendary Pokemon to both the Xerneas/Yveltal duo of Life/Death/Balance as well as the 3rd legendary Pokemon for the Solgaleo/Lunala duo in Sun/Moon/Earth.

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
Yeah, Solgaleo correlates more to orange, not white. What the white represents is really the big mystery left, and I'm not sure if there's a third legendary involved or if that's just Zygarde itself. Either way, I can totally see Zygarde relating to both the 6th gen and the 7th gen legendaries.

Mitja

veteran smartass
At this point, the hope for any kind of proper closure for Kalos is pretty much gone and I'm not at all pleased by that.

One crazy improbable idea on how they might set this right again is this:

Sun and Moon are counterparts to XY, paralel yet opposite (opposite side of the planet even lol), and will also feel rushed and unfinished.

Then, we get a pair of games, which act as sequels to both XY and SM, basically being X2S2 and Y2M2! 8D

I give up xD

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
At this point, the hope for any kind of proper closure for Kalos is pretty much gone and I'm not at all pleased by that.

Why is that? Isn't the whole "XY sequels are Gen 7" still a viable theory going round? At least that is what I thought, unless I missed something here.

Mitja

veteran smartass
Why is that? Isn't the whole "XY sequels are Gen 7" still a viable theory going round? At least that is what I thought, unless I missed something here.

Well for one, with the region essentially being Hawaii rather than anything remotely close to Kalos and more minor rather than a fullfledged all new standalone region, the inclusion of Kalos in any form is 0.
With no Kalos, there is no expansion to it, no unlocked powerplants, no rhyhorn racetrack, no use for the train station and all those things that felt like they were placed there to be expanded upon. And let's not even mention the "haha Battle Frontier soon :^)" sign from the Resort in ORAS. xD

And in regards to Zygarde... I'm just tired of not knowing what the heck they're doing with it. I mean, sure, the forms will be available in SM in the postgame, but the way they've marketed it for a whole year with no climax or game related announcement or mention of it in regards to SM at all so far, I don't know what sense we're supposed to make out of it.
To some random Pokémon-fan, right now it gives the impression that they meant to and prepared to make Z, but abandonded the idea altogether and just went onto a completely new game. I hope that's not the case of course, but they keep on not giving us any bones lol.

G-Panthera

Panthera's Fiercest Fighter
Well for one, with the region essentially being Hawaii rather than anything remotely close to Kalos and more minor rather than a fullfledged all new standalone region, the inclusion of Kalos in any form is 0.
With no Kalos, there is no expansion to it, no unlocked powerplants, no rhyhorn racetrack, no use for the train station and all those things that felt like they were placed there to be expanded upon. And let's not even mention the "haha Battle Frontier soon :^)" sign from the Resort in ORAS. xD

And in regards to Zygarde... I'm just tired of not knowing what the heck they're doing with it. I mean, sure, the forms will be available in SM in the postgame, but the way they've marketed it for a whole year with no climax or game related announcement or mention of it in regards to SM at all so far, I don't know what sense we're supposed to make out of it.
To some random Pokémon-fan, right now it gives the impression that they meant to and prepared to make Z, but abandonded the idea altogether and just went onto a completely new game. I hope that's not the case of course, but they keep on not giving us any bones lol.

Ah yeah, fair enough I guess. We will just have to wait and see. That said, perhaps this is something more refreshing and may have something to do with the whole "It all comes together!" quote:

Zygarde

Z-Dawg
To some random Pokémon-fan, right now it gives the impression that they meant to and prepared to make Z, but abandonded the idea altogether and just went onto a completely new game.

I strongly believe that's what happened. Nintendo is having a bad time right now, focusing on developing NX, and have like 0 games announced for the Holiday season. Maybe they approached GF and told them to save the year by releasing a new generation (and trust me, if any franchise could do that, it would be Pokémon). Since GF always works with two parallel teams developing games, maybe Sun and Moon could already be developed enough by the time to be reasonable to release them early. There's no other explanation in my mind.

Or maybe hackers just didn't manage to crack how to unlock those darned power plants xD

Bolt the Cat

Bringing the Thunder
I strongly believe that's what happened. Nintendo is having a bad time right now, focusing on developing NX, and have like 0 games announced for the Holiday season. Maybe they approached GF and told them to save the year by releasing a new generation (and trust me, if any franchise could do that, it would be Pokémon). Since GF always works with two parallel teams developing games, maybe Sun and Moon could already be developed enough by the time to be reasonable to release them early. There's no other explanation in my mind.

Or maybe hackers just didn't manage to crack how to unlock those darned power plants xD

I doubt it. They seem to have planned SM as early as 2013 (the Strange Souvenir does seem to be hinting towards Alola and Sugimori talked about 7th gen in an interview then), before Nintendo started having problems with the Wii U and started transitioning towards NX. So I don't think they were in any rush to make SM, they wanted to do this from the beginning. The question is why though? The 20th anniversary? Wanting to "surprise" people with a new way to expand on XY?