Z/XY-Sequels ARE Generation 7

Zygard is already a mystery and Volcanion is another Pokemon that needs to be looked at. Hell were still not able to open certain doors in x/y. Wonder if they will ever do an event for the Volcanion instead of just distributing it away.

I doubt it. They seem to have planned SM as early as 2013 (the Strange Souvenir does seem to be hinting towards Alola and Sugimori talked about 7th gen in an interview then), before Nintendo started having problems with the Wii U and started transitioning towards NX. So I don't think they were in any rush to make SM, they wanted to do this from the beginning. The question is why though? The 20th anniversary? Wanting to "surprise" people with a new way to expand on XY?

GF always works ahead of schedule, having two teams simultaneously developing different games, so I agree that SM could have been planned since 2013, or that Hawaii was already the target for a new gen region ever since XY were released (referenced through the Strange Souvenir as you said) even if there was already a team working on Z/X2Y2 etc.
I just cannot believe Z wasn't going to be a thing. Not after holding up Zygarde on the TCG for so long, not after hyping Zygarde and forms for the entirety of 2015. If Z was never planned at all, then GF is just dumb and terrible at marketing. Which hasn't been the case at all until now.

So anyone who still doubted the idea that Gen 6 wasn't going to play a role in Gen 7, feast your eyes on this to get out all your doubts right now, or be Zeeeeed into oblivion!

https://twitter.com/yoko_clover

Perfect Zygarde Z-blasting Garchomp to the ground!

That doesn't make Zygarde automatically have any relevance whatsoever to Alola's lore or brings any hope to see some conclusion to Kalos'. It just means that the forms aren't anime exclusive, and that is something most of us alreay expected. Whatch it just become a random item/event Zygarde that you receive without any relevant explanation.

Sorry for being so skeptical, I really hope SM and XY to be related, but I'm just not seeing any evidence from the footage shown so far.

So now we know that SM is our "Z version". Again though, that still leaves the question of what's happening with Kalos and other "Z content", are we getting a Johto situation or are we not going back to Kalos at all and they're just wrapping things up in Alola?

I would definitely hope the former, I can't see the latter going over well. But then again, neither situation is exactly ideal here.

That doesn't make Zygarde automatically have any relevance whatsoever to Alola's lore or brings any hope to see some conclusion to Kalos'. It just means that the forms aren't anime exclusive, and that is something most of us alreay expected. Whatch it just become a random item/event Zygarde that you receive without any relevant explanation.

Sorry for being so skeptical, I really hope SM and XY to be related, but I'm just not seeing any evidence from the footage shown so far.

Well there's still a lot about the game that we don't know so it's too early to claim that it doesn't have any relevance to Alola's lore. But there are a couple of things we know about Zygarde that could connect it to Solgaleo and Lunala. As @godzilla41 pointed out earlier in the thread, if you notice there's 5 colors on Zygarde Complete's chest. Two of them include orange and violet, which seem to correspond to Solgaleo and Lunala respectively. And Zygarde's lore itself paints it as a protector of the environment. That could be expanded to connect Zygarde to the Earth, which would put it in direct relation to Solgaleo and Lunala.

So now we know that SM is our "Z version". Again though, that still leaves the question of what's happening with Kalos and other "Z content", are we getting a Johto situation or are we not going back to Kalos at all and they're just wrapping things up in Alola?

I would definitely hope the former, I can't see the latter going over well. But then again, neither situation is exactly ideal here.

Well there's still a lot about the game that we don't know so it's too early to claim that it doesn't have any relevance to Alola's lore. But there are a couple of things we know about Zygarde that could connect it to Solgaleo and Lunala. As @godzilla41 pointed out earlier in the thread, if you notice there's 5 colors on Zygarde Complete's chest. Two of them include orange and violet, which seem to correspond to Solgaleo and Lunala respectively. And Zygarde's lore itself paints it as a protector of the environment. That could be expanded to connect Zygarde to the Earth, which would put it in direct relation to Solgaleo and Lunala.
I understand what you said and deeply hope it is truth, but the thing is that none of the footage shown thus far points that direction. The only thing we got for sure is that Zygarde forms will be in game, and that was already a given. I hope Solga, Lunala, Xern, Yveltal and Zygarde all to be related, but unless GF explicitely tells us that they are, I won't be able to believe it.

I wish that's what the E3 presentation/demo will reveal. Then I'll join you guys on this beautiful thing called hype train :)

I haven't posted on this topic for a while but I also think GF simply planned things poorly. I doubt there's going to be any closure to the plot of XY and the Zygarde forms debuting in the new gen's pair of games instead of a game focusing on it is an indication for me that they had something planned for Zygarde but abandoned it for whatever reason.

I'm kind of wondering if they'll make the 3rd game of Sun/Moon to be a kind of connector game between Alola and Kalos. Would explain why they didn't do a 3rd game for X/Y and might connect the Zygarde plot between the two generations.

I'm kind of wondering if they'll make the 3rd game of Sun/Moon to be a kind of connector game between Alola and Kalos. Would explain why they didn't do a 3rd game for X/Y and might connect the Zygarde plot between the two generations.

If that's what they had planned though, why bother cramming Zygarde into SM? What's the rush to include Zygarde's forms when they can just focus on the new Pokemon and save Zygarde for that game? The fact that the Zygarde forms are showing up in SM seems to imply that either SM itself is going to be the connector game or they don't plan on revisiting Kalos at all.

If that's what they had planned though, why bother cramming Zygarde into SM? What's the rush to include Zygarde's forms when they can just focus on the new Pokemon and save Zygarde for that game? The fact that the Zygarde forms are showing up in SM seems to imply that either SM itself is going to be the connector game or they don't plan on revisiting Kalos at all.

As a form of connection between XY and S/M and because people are expecting Zygarde stuff anyway. Just because there's some more information about Zygarde in S/M doesn't mean everything is going to come out in S/M, the same way that not everything about Zygarde came out in X/Y even though he was also in that game.

As a form of connection between XY and S/M and because people are expecting Zygarde stuff anyway. Just because there's some more information about Zygarde in S/M doesn't mean everything is going to come out in S/M, the same way that not everything about Zygarde came out in X/Y even though he was also in that game.

SM is already giving details on 10% and Complete Zygarde, it'd be pointless to bother if they're not showing up in the game. Beyond that, what else could they do with Zygarde to justify another game?

I haven't posted on this topic for a while but I also think GF simply planned things poorly. I doubt there's going to be any closure to the plot of XY and the Zygarde forms debuting in the new gen's pair of games instead of a game focusing on it is an indication for me that they had something planned for Zygarde but abandoned it for whatever reason.

The latest batch of info regarding Zygarde actually makes me think the opposite. In particular the following sentence from 50%forme on the official site;
"While the power it possesses is overwhelming, this Forme contains only 50% of Zygarde’s cells. Out in the world, an equal amount of power waits to be brought together. "

Because this one sentence right there explains why we had the 50% forme in XY. Only 50% of the cells are in Kalos, the other 50% are on the opposite side of the planet in Alola.

And with this black on white, they simply cannot ignore a connection to XY that has to be addressed in the game to unlock the complete forme.

The latest batch of info regarding Zygarde actually makes me think the opposite. In particular the following sentence from 50%forme on the official site;
"While the power it possesses is overwhelming, this Forme contains only 50% of Zygarde’s cells. Out in the world, an equal amount of power waits to be brought together. "

Because this one sentence right there explains why we had the 50% forme in XY. Only 50% of the cells are in Kalos, the other 50% are on the opposite side of the planet in Alola.

And with this black on white, they simply cannot ignore a connection to XY that has to be addressed in the game to unlock the complete forme.

True. But that makes me go back to the question I posted on that news thread: If Zygarde is a Pokémon native to Kalos (after all, it is a Gen 6 Pokémon) then why the heck are 50 % of its cells in another region far away instead of being scattered around its native region? Because that's what made sense to me when we were expecting a Pokémon Z game. I expected the 50% forme found in the Terminus Cave as the default forme, having already gathered half of its cells, and the rest of the cells we would have to collect when re-traveling through Kalos... Like I said, unless there's a specific connection between Zygarde and the Alola legendaries (or the region), I don't see how Zygarde's cells being in another region makes sense.

Back