Yveltal EX Variants

RE: Why Seismitoad in Yveltal

Beach has rotated. Seismitoad EX using Quaking punch stops you from using your Rare candies and superior energy retrivals. YSG version the Yveltal player is playing garbador which means you can not use deluge or play your item cards. The meta game is very differnt now then it was in blastoises hayday. I feel like the trouble that ou are having with Yveltal EX is not that it is a slow deck but instead you are having trouble because of a lack of experience playing with the Yveltal. There are very few pokemon that can attack first turn, and almost nothing in blastoise decks can attack first turn. Yveltal decks aloow you to attack first turn with Seismitoad EX, Mewtwo EX with a Double colorless energy, Yveltal with a single darkness energy.

Camoclone could you move my post over there as well, you posted before I finished the post.

Done ~ Camoclone

That's where i got the start for this topic. Didn't understand the toad.
it just kind of evolved from there... lol
i'm already in the Yveltal Variant post. Might move back there. Not sure yet.
Running Yveltal has been making me lose interest in the game a little and it's made me realize that as a dark player, i'd rather run a really cheap dink deck and not waste my money on a company that refuses to expand its selection.
that and i'm getting burnt out on this deck... i can't find a way to make it NOT suck.
I realize people win at regionals with it. I doubt itll happen next year and i doubt Yveltal will even be a contender at worlds this year.
and anything can happen at regionals/states. I watched a raichu/venasaur deck make top 8 because the kid drew 3 water decks and flying deck.
the decks you're playing can put in the top based off of sheer luck of match up. So if Yveltal from regionals ran into the right decks, yea, i see a couple of them doing well.
not consistenly though.
if you look at the regoinals/states lists, its the same 3 decks with a random Yveltal win here and there.

Ironman131 said:
Beach has rotated. Seismitoad EX using Quaking punch stops you from using your Rare candies and superior energy retrivals. YSG version the Yveltal player is playing garbador which means you can not use deluge or play your item cards. The meta game is very differnt now then it was in blastoises hayday. I feel like the trouble that ou are having with Yveltal EX is not that it is a slow deck but instead you are having trouble because of a lack of experience playing with the Yveltal. There are very few pokemon that can attack first turn, and almost nothing in blastoise decks can attack first turn. Yveltal decks aloow you to attack first turn with Seismitoad EX, Mewtwo EX with a Double colorless energy, Yveltal with a single darkness energy.

Camoclone could you move my post over there as well, you posted before I finished the post.

Idk, maybe... Yveltal has changed a little too much for me to adapt.
i just don't like how clunky it is. compared to other top decks.
I actually used to hit with blastoise first (attackable) turn. 1 attach to kyurem and deluge the rest. can be done all in one turn.

I wish i had JJ (my local tourny professor) in here. He saw my Blastoise at his tournys. It crushed. I even took first, twice, at an Unlimited tourny. ran into some ridiculous decks.

Yveltal decks have done well at each of the regionals, if a deck does well at multiple tournamnets it is not considerd luck of the draw. Dark went from being a broken deck to needing to require skill to play it well with the rotation of dark patch. When Yveltal EX came out a lot of dark players stopped playing as much sableye. I have a feeling Yveltal based decks will be popular at the National tournamnets and worlds as well because none of the newer decks really threaten Yveltal EX.

Ironman131 said:
Yveltal decks have done well at each of the regionals, if a deck does well at multiple tournamnets it is not considerd luck of the draw. Dark went from being a broken deck to needing to require skill to play it well with the rotation of dark patch. When Yveltal EX came out a lot of dark players stopped playing as much sableye. I have a feeling Yveltal based decks will be popular at the National tournamnets and worlds as well because none of the newer decks really threaten Yveltal EX.

I'm definitely curious to see.
if someone gets that to the finals at worlds, then they are a beast. :)
and i'm not sure about that. building a deck as we speak that may give Yveltal a run for it's money.
What's worse is i think i might be bring the hammer back into my scope. I'm starting to realize how much people depend on their special (mainly DCE) energy. With hammers i can remove that threat (even while it's on the bench, i believe?)

Even my toad/yveltal deck, needs DCE. Everyone, say to lysandre him out BUT (that leaves him powered up so they can switch him back out). why do that when you can hammer the DCE off and then force them to switch or leave 2 free prizes. Also, in panic, they may waste a second DCE on him which may screw up their end game. Idk, i'm guessing his attack blocks hammers, but there's gotta be a way to make it work. i just haven't thought of it yet

Take a DCE away from my Yveltal (either mid or) end game and that's all she wrote. Thinking back on it now, 1 Hammer would've made me lose every game i won against my Vir/Gen deck.

If my deck is somewhat up to snuff i'll link the listed thread here, with deck list.
i'm going to spend the night running it against my Yveltal/Toad deck. And for once my toad will be useful. It's against a predominant item deck and it has fire types. :)
down side for Yveltal and darkrai. it has electric. and a OHKO for darkrai.

When attacking with seismitoad EX's quaking Punch attack the oppenent cant play items so they will not be able to enhance hammer the DCE off. Darkrai is not weak to lightning he is weak to fighting. I have put my deck list below because i think it may be helpful for you. It has worked ver well for me.

3 Yveltal EX
2 Yveltal
2 Darkrai EX
2 Seismitoad EX
1 Mewtwo EX
1 Keldeo EX
1 Absol

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums:
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Lysandre
2 Skyla
2 Professor Birch's Observastions
1 Lysandres Trump Card
3 Ultra Ball
4 Hynotoxic Laser
3 Muscle Band
3 VS Seeker
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Head Ringer
1 Switch
1 Computer Search
3 Virbank City Gym

Energy:
8 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colress Energy

I'll tinker and let you know what i come up with. Still trying out new deck. Darkrai is not weak to Electric but i have a guy that can hit for 180 :).

Thanks for the list, Ironman. I've been thinking of going back to Dark decks and this is a perfect base for me to get started. I think you may have listed 61 cards though.

totodile_it_down said:
Thanks for the list, Ironman. I've been thinking of going back to Dark decks and this is a perfect base for me to get started. I think you may have listed 61 cards though.

New deck ran well. Gave Yveltal and Toad a bit of trouble. I KO-ed both Darkrai i ran in to.
and Toad did delay me a little but i still won. and i found a solution it's a supporter. I tech-ed 1 in for Toads. Worked well enough. I can't rely on it all the time, but neither will i see a toad in every deck. good enough balance (for me, anyways) and i can computer search for him.

And Ironman, thanks :)

Ironman131 said:
The absol is probably the 61st card so that can come out. You are both welcome.

I kinda like the absol.
they made it extended for round 2 of regionals so this would be a good deck to have day 1. and then day 2 rearrange it to the old style with sableye and dark patches :)
great base for both days :)

actually, i think you can put dark claw back into the day 2 deck as well :)
i forget because it's been so long since i've used it. i think it's a damage boosting tool.

If I were to keep an absol I would drop a darkrai EX. If I played this deck on a day 2 I would likley just keep the Muscle band in because seismitoad EX, Mewtwo EX, and even keledo EX can use it. I have attacked with Keledo EX with a muscle band because it can OHKO a donphan and can do a large amount of damage to Landorus EX.

Ironman131 said:
If I were to keep an absol I would drop a darkrai EX. If I played this deck on a day 2 I would likley just keep the Muscle band in because seismitoad EX, Mewtwo EX, and even keledo EX can use it. I have attacked with Keledo EX with a muscle band because it can OHKO a donphan and can do a large amount of damage to Landorus EX.

I do like the muscle band. However, the keldeo i never ran. simply because of the free retreat and a switch or two that i used to run. think i opted in for the scramble switch ace spec to move the 3 attachments from one darkrai to another. probably not need with Y Cyclone. Since you can move special basic, etc.
idk if you have to worry about donphan. I don't have to in my area. But Landorus is huge in my area. What worries me about that deck is it's kind of a clash of the titans for bench hitting, only Landorus only needs 1 energy for all 3 fighting types and only 1 is weak to water. Hawlucha is lightning and Lucario is Psychic? i think.
it would definitely be a good match up and close game. :)
would have to mind Lysandre and Darkrai being weak to fighting, i think that's about the only worry.

Yeah it is a good matchup. Keldeo EX and seisimitoad EX can hit the landorus EX for weakness, Mewtwo EX for Lucario EX and Hawlucha only has 70 HP it isnt really hard to KO it. Against fighting decks I try to not play my darkrai EX's down for the fact that it is an easy 2 prizes against a fighting deck because i dont play shadow circle in my current deck.

The last time I played a landobat deck it went down to the wire and we each had two prizes left and my oppenent gets a lysandre after i N'd them down to 2 cards, with the lysandre he pulled my darkrai EX off the bench for the win. I would have KO'd is Lucario EX for the win the next turn.

Ouch... I hate when that happens. Or when you get a match that's decided based on who goes first.

But yes, a very good spread for landorus. Me... not so much. i just have to rely on my heavy hitter.

Ironman131 said:
What do you all think of a 1-1 Kangaskhan EX, M Kangaskhan EX in a yveltal EX deck as a pyroar counter.

It is unnecessary and clunks up the deck. I think it's pretty safe to say that there is almost no Pyroar right now. Even if you are worried about Pyroar a 1-1 Kanga alone probably won't swing the matchup in your favor. They should be able to deal with it.

There have been alot of pyroar decks on ptcgo and my yveltal deck that I will be playing for states has struggled with them. Do you think there will be many pyroar decks at the michigan state tournamnet.

Ironman131 said:
There have been alot of pyroar decks on ptcgo and my yveltal deck that I will be playing for states has struggled with them. Do you think there will be many pyroar decks at the michigan state tournamnet.

I don't think there will be many. Especially if you are at the higher tables :p. It's not worth teching against in my opinion.

What do people feel about a yveltal ex/crobat/mega manectric ex variant? I think with bats the odds of hitting the magic damage numbers are increased. Thoughts would be appreciated.

If you can find space, then the idea could work. However, Mega-Manectric + Yveltal is already pretty clunky, and with another 12 cards, the inconsistency increase. If it works, than great job, however consistency is your biggest enemy here.

Back