Yveltal EX Variants

Yeah i use Keledo EX to get out of status conditions as well, but if I want to save my Yveltal EX's I will attack with Keledo EX. With a muscle band it can ohko a donphan, and with a muscle band and a water energy it can ohko a landorus EX. I have had trouble OHKO'ing Landorus EX with Yveltal EX because they only need one energy to attack, play multiple copies of fighting stadium to counter my Virbanks, and they have 180hp. Against M Manectric EX decks I might also use Keledo EX because a lot of those decks play rough seas, just well i set up Darkrai EX or Mewtwo EX as a big hitter.

Ironman131 said:
Yeah i use Keledo EX to get out of status conditions as well, but if I want to save my Yveltal EX's I will attack with Keledo EX. With a muscle band it can ohko a donphan, and with a muscle band and a water energy it can ohko a landorus EX. I have had trouble OHKO'ing Landorus EX with Yveltal EX because they only need one energy to attack, play multiple copies of fighting stadium to counter my Virbanks, and they have 180hp. Against M Manectric EX decks I might also use Keledo EX because a lot of those decks play rough seas, just well i set up Darkrai EX or Mewtwo EX as a big hitter.

I also use Toad in my deck which helps a ton against Landorus EX. I can, with a Muscle Band, Quaking Punch the Lando for 100 damage. That's how I deal with Landorus EXs.

Ironman131 said:
you dont need a float stone on Keledo EX, you could just put a dark energy on it and have free retreat with Darkrai EX. I also use Keledo EX as an attacker against Donphan and Landorus EX.

That works. I didn't run a Darkrai, so i would've needed floats but with Darkrai Keldeo's perfect :)
Used to run them and Sableye. pretty fun and potent deck (of course, not legal any more) **sigh**

Ironman131 said:
It really doesn't affect Yveltal EX decks at all. It could be teched into Yveltal EX decks as a back up attacker as well as Pyroar counter.

Apologies for not being clear. I meant how do you guys think Yveltal EX decks will hold up against the new Mega Ray decks that will inevitably come up?

Edit: Also, I suspect Yveltal may take a hit with a possible increase electric Pokemon techs to deal with Mega Ray.

SpeedyJ said:
Ironman131 said:
It really doesn't affect Yveltal EX decks at all. It could be teched into Yveltal EX decks as a back up attacker as well as Pyroar counter.

Apologies for not being clear. I meant how do you guys think Yveltal EX decks will hold up against the new Mega Ray decks that will inevitably come up?

Edit: Also, I suspect Yveltal may take a hit with a possible increase electric Pokemon techs to deal with Mega Ray.

Yveltal is still a good hitter. should be alright against him. M-Gardevoir is what you really have to worry about with Yveltal. i think 6 energy on their field swings for 180. But the resistance makes it hard to KO.

It might increase. Thinking of that, i wish there were an electric deck. i've yet to see a full on electric deck (with maybe a few off-type techs)

Yveltal EX players will likley play shadow circle as their stadium. Yveltal EX will be a good deck as long as Yveltal EX is in the format, it is just two good. The M Rayqueza EX (colorless) will make a good deck but I think it might be a bit tougher to set up than what people think.

Ironman131 said:
Yveltal EX players will likley play shadow circle as their stadium. Yveltal EX will be a good deck as long as Yveltal EX is in the format, it is just two good. The M Rayqueza EX (colorless) will make a good deck but I think it might be a bit tougher to set up than what people think.

Ah... Virbank? Most players I see play Virbank.

It was meant as a post for after the rotation. Virbank is the stadium that most Yveltal EX players play now. Sorry.

oXHASEOXo said:
SpeedyJ said:

Yveltal is still a good hitter. should be alright against him. M-Gardevoir is what you really have to worry about with Yveltal. i think 6 energy on their field swings for 180. But the resistance makes it hard to KO.

It might increase. Thinking of that, i wish there were an electric deck. i've yet to see a full on electric deck (with maybe a few off-type techs)

Yveltal will do poorly against Mega Rayquaza. The main problem for Yveltal is that Mega Ray will generally start attacking first and for bigger numbers. It also has much better OHKO potential when compared to Yveltal as well as more support backing it up. Even the baby Rayquaza-EX will give Yveltal problems, a single energy for 60 is nothing to scoff at. Rayquaza also has the option of stopping your 2HKOs with cards like Max Potion because it has Mega Turbo and DCE to power it up in a single turn. Yveltal has no option but to start running cheap Lightning attackers that can match the pace of Rayquaza.

Doesn't silent lab work to shut that down? I run silent lab instead of garbodor and it frustrates a lot of people. It's the only way i've found to slow up fairy decks and take away the max potions.

Garbodor is cool and all but he's the main target for lysandres and megaphone shuts him down. i saved so much deck space by removing him and putting in silent labs

oXHASEOXo said:
Doesn't silent lab work to shut that down? I run silent lab instead of garbodor and it frustrates a lot of people. It's the only way i've found to slow up fairy decks and take away the max potions.

Garbodor is cool and all but he's the main target for lysandres and megaphone shuts him down. i saved so much deck space by removing him and putting in silent labs

Silent lab only shuts off abilities on basic pokemon, so aromatisse can still use fairy transfer.

Ahhhh gotcha. Still not bad there's a lot of basics out there (Lugia, Virizion, Genesect, Darkrai, etc) and it does save a lot of space. It doesn't stop golbat or crobat but taking away the zubat Free flight, can frustrate some people. specially when they have to start with a zubat. I ran into an eggs/yveltal deck that really got under my skin. taking away my supporters for 1 prize can be a pain. And they use the propagate to not throw away cards that they need. Throwing away a card or two can be the game decider with Yveltal. And instead of darkrai, you can save space and just run shadow circle :).

oXHASEOXo said:

Errrrrrr... Garbodor being the main target for lysandre forces your opponent to take 4+ KOs instead of 3 EX KOs and it saves your main attacker from getting killed. I wouldn't worry about it being killed, instead be thankful. Megaphones are harder to come by compared to Silent Labs since most decks run 1-2 phones but 2-3 stadiums.

Even just a 1-1 line of Garbodor + 2 or so float stone can be really game-changing. It also shuts off all abilities compared to just some like Silent Lab.

One Yveltal variant I like is with Leafeon and Lasers. It gives you the edge against Seismitoad EX and it can help with a number of other things. If you play against Brongzong and they stack energy just use Leafeon. I played it at states and won with it. I can post my list if you guys want. If you want to see what I played against check out my play report. (Its on like page 3 for some reason)

Hey guys! Curious on if you think the Yveltal/Toad list will survive the Xy-On *predicted* format. With the loss of Darkrai do we think that it will still be competitive? What will we replace Darkrai with? I was thinking possibly Shaymin? Interested on everyones thoughts on the deck in the future format. Replies appreciated!

Hey guys! Curious on if you think the Yveltal/Toad list will survive the Xy-On *predicted* format. With the loss of Darkrai do we think that it will still be competitive? What will we replace Darkrai with? I was thinking possibly Shaymin? Interested on everyones thoughts on the deck in the future format. Replies appreciated!

For Dark-type deck, M Tyranitar EX might be better. Yveltal EX will lose a lot with Laserbank rotating out, not able to reliably OHKO a lot of pokemon. Yveltal(non EX) can boost Tyranitar EX, and with some cheap damage(with bats or just with Yveltal / Toad's 30) M Tyranitar EX can OHKO everything.

It would seem that Yveltal/Zoroark is a thing thanks to the new Zoroark cards released in Breakthrough. I was surprised not to see a Standard - Tier ? Yveltal-EX Variants thread on the main page. The Zoroark by itself is great but add on the new Break and for one Dark Energy look out~!

Back