Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

I sure hope you didn't Energy Switch the Prism Energies...

How many Keldeo EX you guys run? I find 1 really inconsistent with all the lasers and Accelgors flying about and 3 Darkrais seems to be just fine.

Shaxe said:
How many Keldeo EX you guys run? I find 1 really inconsistent with all the lasers and Accelgors flying about and 3 Darkrais seems to be just fine.

In my area I'm not finding any Accelgors running around, so 1 works for me... 3 Darkrai is good enough, I think 4 is overkill now that we have Absol

For now I'm running two, here everyone tries new decks like the accelgor and even beedrill

So how many Skyla is this deck supposed to run? I really want to run 2, but then I lose the space for a 1-of tech like Max Potion or Tool Scrapper. (Though this deck doesn't really care that much about Garbodor)

bakooso33435 said:
So how many Skyla is this deck supposed to run? I really want to run 2, but then I lose the space for a 1-of tech like Max Potion or Tool Scrapper. (Though this deck doesn't really care that much about Garbodor)

I think one is fine as long as you run Computer Search, it searches more and is recyclable with Sableye and doesn't take away your supporter play for the turn.

bakooso33435 said:
Currently, I run 2 Skyla; it was 3 before I made a change to accommodate a second tech card. An important reason why I ran 3 Skyla is due to the number of Items I ran at that time. I've also found that I really like having a Skyla that I can use to get a Bicycle when I have no other card draw Supporters in hand. 2 Skylas works well for me.

By the way, I played at a Battle Roads tournament today and the most interesting deck I played against was Latias EX with Sigilyph. Latias' Ability prevents effects and damage taken from Poke with Abilities. Fortunately, my deck's 2 Absols earned their positions in the deck today.

I'm still encouraged about how well this decks handles TDK (aka Plasma Box). Darkrai still rocks. :D

How's this?
3 Darkrai
3 Sableye
2 Absol
1 Keldeo EX

4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
1 Skyla
1 Random Reciever

4 Dark Patch
4 Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
3 Ultra Ball
2 Enhanced Hammer
2 Energy Switch
2 Energy Search
1 Tool Scrapper
1 Max Potion
1 Computer Search

2 Dark Claw

2 Virbank City Gym

10 Dark Energy

I've found the Energy Switch/Energy Search to be very useful at times, which is why I run 2 of each. I'm also debating with -1 Bianca and +1 Skyla for the flexibility or -1 Max Potion +1 Ultra Ball just so I can draw more cards for Bianca.

Opinions between 2 or 3 Abol and Sableye respectively? I plan to run 3 Darkrai and 1 Keldeo.

Use Super Secret Tech: Revive and only 2 Absol. Seriously, Revive is like the BCIF (okay not really but its certainly worth a spot in the deck imo).

Dark Void said:
Use Super Secret Tech: Revive and only 2 Absol. Seriously, Revive is like the BCIF (okay not really but its certainly worth a spot in the deck imo).

I agree

but also...
-2 energy search

+1 RR or skyla (consistence grabs more energy then energy search)
+1 revive (not just for absol)

After some testing today, I felt that my supporter line was overbearing. I played 4 Juniper, 4 N, 3 Bianca, 2 Skyla. I'm still working on the fluidity of the deck but can anyone shed light on this?

Also more importantly whats the strategy I should be taking against decks that play Landy EX

Brendan said:
After some testing today, I felt that my supporter line was overbearing. I played 4 Juniper, 4 N, 3 Bianca, 2 Skyla. I'm still working on the fluidity of the deck but can anyone shed light on this?

Also more importantly whats the strategy I should be taking against decks that play Landy EX

It's a tough matchup, but the 3 retreat cost on landy is it's downfall most of the time. Laser it, and keep a sabelye up while junk hunting (lasers and something else because they are really important against landorus) until you can get a darkrai setup and then start night spearing, but be sure to have something else setup as soon as possible, because that darkrai's going down soon.

Brendan said:
I ran Landorus (in big basics deck) most of this season. Late in the season, I did switch to Darkrai. For the players I know still running Landorus, you will need inflict some intial, minor damage and then KO it with your Keldeo. That tactic has worked for me. Note: I ran multiple Switches, Max Potion and Scramble Switch in my Lando deck; so, I had multiple "outs" if poisoned and/or asleep.

Brendan said:
Opinions between 2 or 3 Abol and Sableye respectively? I plan to run 3 Darkrai and 1 Keldeo.
I run 3 Sableye and 2 Absol in my deck.

I've been playing around with Darkrai/hammers online. Nothing outside the ordinary except that I use life dew as the ace spec. As for Pokémon, I aim for

4 Sableye
3 Darkrai EX
2 Absol
1 Keldeo EX

Hi guys, as a Darkrai player myself, may I ask how do you guys deal with the Black Kyurem match up? I tend to struggle alot in the match up, the only way I think could work is just carefully play your N's and not waste them and discard too many with junipers. What do you guys think?

E1996C said:
Hi guys, as a Darkrai player myself, may I ask how do you guys deal with the Black Kyurem match up? I tend to struggle alot in the match up, the only way I think could work is just carefully play your N's and not waste them and discard too many with junipers. What do you guys think?
Personally I think that for this particular matchup you should focus on speed and KO the Squirtles/Blastoise asap which can be done with absol. The reason BKEX is playable at all is because of Blastoise, shut down Blastoise and the match will be in your favor, just bear in mind that you need to OHKO the turtle since Keldeo will rush in to save it if you fail.

Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

zero2exe said:
E1996C said:
Personally I think that for this particular matchup you should focus on speed and KO the Squirtles/Blastoise asap which can be done with absol. The reason BKEX is playable at all is because of Blastoise, shut down Blastoise and the match will be in your favor, just bear in mind that you need to OHKO the turtle since Keldeo will rush in to save it if you fail.

I agree completely with this. If you focus on the BKEX you are sure to lose. Shut down the Blastoise and they can't do much until they setup another.

How do people feel about running two keldeo? I saw it today at my battle roads and I heard it was what those players were gonna run at worlds?

colline650 said:
How do people feel about running two keldeo? I saw it today at my battle roads and I heard it was what those players were gonna run at worlds?

2 Keldeos is the play if you're going to worlds. It's very area dependant for battle road though, if there's goth or Rlax players 2 keldeo is the play. If not 1 keldeo is.

Back