Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

^ That. People will still play those gimmicky decks because they win games. Unprepared decks that scoff at them will be in for an unwelcome surprise.

What card do you guys usually cut when deciding to put in the 2nd keldeo?

Can someone post a pretty much full deck list for this? I dont have energy search in mine so i do not really know how it would look

This is my personal list that I've been playing for the last couple weeks:

3 Darkrai
3 Sableye
2 Absol
2 Keldeo EX

4 Juniper
4 N
2 Bianca
2 Random Reciever
4 Dark Patch
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Ultra Ball
4 Energy Switch
2 Dark Claw
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Energy Search
1 Max Potion
1 Computer Search

11 Dark Energy

Honestly most of the lists are pretty standard now...

dmaster out.

this is what I'm playing
Pokemon:
4 Darkrai
3 Sableye
2 Absol
1 Keldeo

Trainers/Supporters
4 Juniper
4 N
3 Bianca
2 Skyla

1 RR
4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
4 Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Energy Switch
2 Dark Claw
2 Enchanced Hammers
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Computer Search
1 Energy Search
1 Max Potion

Energy
10 Basic Dark

I have found this rather consistent, and also beats landorus, not easily but it manages,

Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

So I'm just getting into competitive Pokemon TCG and I'm thinking I wanna build this as my first competitive deck. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what set the Darkrai/Sableye/Absol come from and if you think they will cycle out during the next cycle? Thanks for the help :)

Gambit49x said:
So I'm just getting into competitive Pokemon TCG and I'm thinking I wanna build this as my first competitive deck. I was wondering if you guys could tell me what set the Darkrai/Sableye/Absol come from and if you think they will cycle out during the next cycle? Thanks for the help :)

Darkrai and Sableye are from Dark Explorers, and Absol is in Plasma Freeze. Alternatively, you can get Darkrai as a Promo card in the 2012 EX collectors tins. I think it is very unlikely that Darkrai and Sableye will rotate out next format. The most likely rotations are Black & White-On (the one we have right now), Next Destinies-On and Dark Explorers-On - non of which rotate out Darkrai or Sableye.

There's a slight chance that it will be Dragons Exalted-On, but that would be 5 sets they're rotating out, and they rotated 5 out last year, too. So we'll only have 5 sets at the start of the year, and 8 during the last stretch of the year. Definitely not enough.

Now, a question I'd like to ask everyone: What do you guys think about Gold Potion in Darkrai? Plasma and Darkrai are 2 of the best decks right now, and both of them are generally pretty weak, so Gold Potion could definitely save you a hit from either of the decks. Thoughts?

Machamp the Champion said:
Gambit49x said:

Darkrai and Sableye are from Dark Explorers, and Absol is in Plasma Freeze. Alternatively, you can get Darkrai as a Promo card in the 2012 EX collectors tins. I think it is very unlikely that Darkrai and Sableye will rotate out next format. The most likely rotations are Black & White-On (the one we have right now), Next Destinies-On and Dark Explorers-On - non of which rotate out Darkrai or Sableye.

All opinion, no facts here. The 2012 tins wouldn't have anything to do with it, they would just rotate it out from a promo on. So the promo rayquaza would still be viable because there would be the real 'quaza from DRX, but not Mewtwo/Darkrai. Of course my thoughts are no different form his, just an opinion, but the fact that they have had darkrai at a worlds tournament for 2 years gives me the feeling that they'll rotate him. 3 worlds tournament for a single card is very uncommon.

Aggressiv said:

All opinion, no facts here. The 2012 tins wouldn't have anything to do with it, they would just rotate it out from a promo on. So the promo rayquaza would still be viable because there would be the real 'quaza from DRX, but not Mewtwo/Darkrai. Of course my thoughts are no different form his, just an opinion, but the fact that they have had darkrai at a worlds tournament for 2 years gives me the feeling that they'll rotate him. 3 worlds tournament for a single card is very uncommon.

I'm pretty sure about half the sets are legal for 3 worlds rotations. Black & White is heading into it's third this year, and maybe a fourth next year, if there's no rotation.

And the thing about the tin, I was just telling Gambit where you could get the cards to make the deck, because (I think) that was part of his question.

Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

Aggressiv said:

I'm pretty sure about half the sets are legal for 3 worlds rotations. Black & White is heading into it's third this year, and maybe a fourth next year, if there's no rotation.

And the thing about the tin, I was just telling Gambit where you could get the cards to make the deck, because (I think) that was part of his question.

It was part of my question, thank you! And if they end up cycling out, oh well, haha.

So guys, I don't understand the purpose of Keldeo EX in this deck. how does it beat accelegor?

raymond25962 said:
So guys, I don't understand the purpose of Keldeo EX in this deck. how does it beat accelegor?

It gets your active Pokemon out of Poison/Sleep by using Rush In and then Retreating for free thanks to Darkrai EX's Dark Cloak. (so long as you have a Dark Energy attached to it)

To answer you question about Accelgor, 2 Keldeo is becoming more of a staple with the uprising GothGor (or whatever it's called) because yes, you could just Rush In-Retreat to negate paralysis, but what if they catcher up your Keldeo and paralyze that? That's where the second one comes in handy where it is virually impossible for paralysis to effect you in any way. I've tried other techs like Audino and Ninetales, but this is just more consistent of an option and also gets rid of the prize card situation.

The biggest thing you have to worry about even if you do play two Keldeo, is if they actually have Dusknoir out. If they put enough damage on the field to move to one Keldeo, they can KO it and then you're left with only one left.

dmaster out.

Then what do you suggest the overall solution is?

You can always "gothgor" or run audino in multiples.

littywitty said:
Then what do you suggest the overall solution is?

Outspeed them, get lucky, or a combination of the two. Because if you let them set up, they'll win every time.

dmaster out.

What do you guys think of the list I'm currently running? It utilizes both types of hammers and is fairly consistent. It hasn't failed me but once

Pokemon:
3 Darkrai EX
2 Absol
2 Keldeo EX
2 Sableye

Trainers:
1 Dowsing Machine
1 Max Potion
1 Random Receiver
2 Dark Claw
2 Enhanced Hammer
3 Ultra Ball
3 Pokemon Catcher
3 Energy Switch
3 Crushing Hammer
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Dark Patch
1 Colress
3 Bianca
4 Professor Juniper
4 N
2 Virbank City Gym

Energy
10 Dark

I also figured that if others are posting their list, I may as well too

Soul said:
I've been playing this deck for a while now and it's just great. I decided to run Dark Claw over Eviolite, since with HTL/Virbank in the format, Eviolite isn't as strong as it was before. I'd like to have some Escape Rope in this deck as well, but I think Keldeo EX does the job so much better.

That's my current list btw, feel free to discuss!

3 Darkrai EX
2 Mewtwo EX
2 Sableye
1 Keldeo EX
= 8

4 N
4 Professor Juniper
2 Bianca
2 Skyla
4 Pokémon Catcher
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Virbank City Gym
4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball
3 Energy Switch
2 Bicycle
2 Dark Claw
1 Super Rod
1 Max Potion
1 Dowsing Machine
1 Energy Search
= 40

8 Darkness Energy
4 Double Colorless Energy
= 12

12 Supporters should be enough as I'm running Dowsing Machine and 2 Bicycle as well. Bicycle is just great, it allows you so many combos with Dowsing Machine.
Is the Keldeo EX the promo one or the full art one?

Back