Yveltal EX / Darkrai EX

RE: Darkrai EX / Sableye / Hypnotoxic Laser / Virbank City Gym

In my experience, the most I've ever gotten is 3, and normally it's closer to 1 or even 0. I've cut it from most of my lists just because it never seems to do anything (although I admit it's worth testing because it can win games if timed correctly.)

RobertBenjamin said:
@Aggresiv you have to enable receipt of pms for me to respond to your pm.

Is Ghetsis really worth the space? How many cards do you usually get with ghetsis?

Haha, sorry I'm not really familiar with how to change settings on this website, how exactly do I do that?

Also, I've tested with ghetsis and have had the same results as Blah. It's pretty bad draw as it usually nets you an average of 1-2 cards for minimal disturbance, but it's pretty good disturbance vs. darkrai as it usually runs like 30 trainers, it's also really good in gothitelle locks as it nets you 4-5 draw usually, and keeps your opponent drawing dead.

I have a love-hate relationship with Professor Juniper. I've been in too many situations when I've had to play a PJ and discard too many valuable resources or not play a draw Supporter that turn. So, I've mitigated that risk by playing only 3 PJs. This seems to work quite well for me.

If you have valuable resources just don't play it down, hold it for when you actually need it. If you're doing well as it is save it, it'll help later vs. N.

Here's my supporter line:

4 Professor Juniper
2 N
1 Skyla
2 RR
4 Bicycle

It seems low and I agree but Bicycle more than makes up for it. The main objective of this deck is to get as much damage out asap. When you run Bicycle of course the best thing about this card is that it draws cards and it is an item, I either do a lot first turn or I get stuck with no energy or the occasional keldeo but this card gives me a cushion to fall on. But the fact that you dont run 4 Juniper really surprises me because along with the con of discarding cards, you discard ENERGY! One other thing that makes Juniper better than N is that sometimes discarding items is a good thing too, in general, no, but with N you shuffle cards into your deck when you need that card to be accessible (with Junk Hunt) and N takes away that privilege. Another thing is that even though N can be deadly late game, it can be deadly to you late game. So, the fact that it is a love-hate card, I can understand, but this is definitely more love especially in this deck.

I'm looking forward to see new Darkrai/Absol lists :s

I feel like Ive been getting stuck or drawing dead too often.
Any advice on how to speed things along/ less cluttered

3 Sableye
3 Darkrai
2 Absol
1 Keldeo

4 Juniper
3 Bianca
2 N
1 Ghetsis

4 Dark Patch
4 Laser
4 Catcher
3 Ultra Ball
2 Crushing
2 Enhanced
2 Energy Switch
2 Dark Claw
2 Bicylce
1 Energy Search
1 Max Potion
1 RR

2 Virbank
1 Ace Comp

10 Darkness

I would take out the two Crushing Hammers for a second max potion and a fourth Darkrai. Even the enhanced hammers aren't THAT good. 4 Darkrais always ensure you have at least two in your deck, with only three it happens a lot to get 1 or 2 prized.

I might play around with that,
adding a second Max Potion, would I also consider maybe another Energy Switch

GdoubleEK said:
I might play around with that,
adding a second Max Potion, would I also consider maybe another Energy Switch

2 Max pots is a little bit overkill. 1 tech is a good number, though onto the consistency issue, something I would reccomend is taking out the ghetsis and bicycle for a more consistent support line. Like 4 N, 3 bianca, 4 Juniper, 1 skyla with the random reciever is a lot more consistent. Ghetsis isn't for draw support, but for disturbance, he can net you a solid draw of 0 sometimes and give you a turn with a wasted supporter. And while bicycle can get you a draw of 4 (better than cheren which is a support) it forces you to use resources, or discard them with ultra ball, wheras N or skyla gives you an out to refresh or search without being forced to use resources.

I am running:

4 Darkrai EX
3 Absol
2 Sableye
1 Keldeo EX

4 Juniper
4 Bianca
3 N
1 Colress
1 Random Receiver
1 Computer Search
1 Energy Search
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Max Potion
1 Enhanced Hammer
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Virbank City Gym
4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball

10 Darkness Energy

I know its a typo, right now you have six virbank

DrunkSpinda said:
I am running:

4 Darkrai EX
3 Absol
2 Sableye
1 Keldeo EX

4 Juniper
4 Bianca
3 N
1 Colress
1 Random Receiver
1 Computer Search
1 Energy Search
2 Virbank City Gym
1 Max Potion
1 Enhanced Hammer
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
4 Virbank City Gym Catcher
4 Dark Patch
3 Ultra Ball

10 Darkness Energy

Assuming that is what you intended...
I'm concerned about only running 1 Enhanced Hammer, you might not be able to keep up with Plasma decks and just lose the race. I feel with 2 Enhanced Hammers it's about ok, less and Plasma just gets free reign to set up Kyurems/Lugia/Tornadus etc and sweep.
Tool Scrapper and/or Switch might be required to deal with Garbodor/Big Basic decks, you could get catcher stalled and then killed by Hammerhead otherwise.
I prefer 2 Skyla 2 Bianca over 4 Bianca, but I see why you might choose the Bianca for raw draw power.

Absol is really becoming an all star again plasma, especially with dark claw and lasers

Absol is...surprisingly clutch, even if the opponent limits their Bench. If they purposely limit it, they're shooting themselves in the foot long-game because most of the top decks really do need a full Bench (Eels, Plasma). Just having the ability to poke something for one less Energy than a Darkrai can sometimes be the difference maker between getting an attack off and winning, or wasting a turn Junk Hunting and losing the game. Giving up only one prize is sweet icing on the cake. I'm not sure if playing two is the right move or not because I rarely need both over the course of the game, but I surmise more testing would need to happen in order for me to come to the right conclusion on that.

dmaster out.

Right now I've been testing a rogue anti-meta deck and absol is awesome there as well. One of the best non-exs of the set, imo

I'm currently trying the following list:
4 Darkrai EX
3 Sableye
2 Absol
1 Keldeo EX
=10 pokes

4 Dark Patch
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Dark Claw
2 Enhanced Hammer
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Virbank City Gym
4 Ultra Ball
1 Random Receiver
2 Energy Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Max potion
= 27 trainers (non supporter)

4 Juniper
2 Skyla
4 N
3 Bianca
= 13 Supporters

10 Darkness Energy

I feel like I need the 3rd energy switch but I also feel only 1 Skyla isn't enough since it's able to search almost half of the deck itself and relying on junk hunting Comp. Search leaves you open to N >.<

zero2exe said:
I'm currently trying the following list:
4 Darkrai EX
3 Sableye
2 Absol
1 Keldeo EX
=10 pokes

4 Dark Patch
3 Pokemon Catcher
2 Dark Claw
2 Enhanced Hammer
4 Hypnotoxic Laser
2 Virbank City Gym
4 Ultra Ball
1 Random Receiver
2 Energy Switch
1 Super Rod
1 Max potion
= 27 trainers (non supporter)

4 Juniper
2 Skyla
4 N
3 Bianca
= 13 Supporters

10 Darkness Energy

I feel like I need the 3rd energy switch but I also feel only 1 Skyla isn't enough since it's able to search almost half of the deck itself and relying on junk hunting Comp. Search leaves you open to N >.<

-1 Super Rod
-1 Ultra Ball

+1 Catcher
+1 Energy Search

Energy search is so clutch in this deck and it's saved me from energy droughts by repeated junk hunting.

Hmm, Imo 2 absol is good enough. 3 Sabelye is better because it helps with sabelye starts more often which greatly helps this deck out, especially when you're only running 2 energy switch. Absol is really clutch in some matchups, but start absol is usually worse than starting sabelye imo.

@Zero2exe
Your list is very similar to mine, only varying by a few tech cards. I've found the same thing with less energy switch, but to include techs to help you deal better with matchups you usually have to cut consistency a little bit (tool scrapper).

Aggressiv said:
Hmm, Imo 2 absol is good enough. 3 Sabelye is better because it helps with sabelye starts more often which greatly helps this deck out, especially when you're only running 2 energy switch. Absol is really clutch in some matchups, but start absol is usually worse than starting sabelye imo.

@Zero2exe
Your list is very similar to mine, only varying by a few tech cards. I've found the same thing with less energy switch, but to include techs to help you deal better with matchups you usually have to cut consistency a little bit (tool scrapper).
I know my darkrai decks all share a similar skeleton although I did copy your supporter line since I couldn't find one that I liked until now. Btw wouldn't it be better to add a switch instead of a tool scrapper for those matchups? It might not get rid of Garbodor's ability right away however that switch is able to replace Dark Cloak for enough time to catcher and KO Garbodor with either darkrai or absol, and since garbodor decks are supposed to replace rescue scarf with float stone (due to garbodors's huge retreat cost) it means they wouldn't get it back up so quickly. Also a single switch is never a dead card against other decks unlike scrapper.

Back