ORAS Your Team in OR / AS?

98Greener

tree noises
Assuming that we'll get the same cast of Pokemon from 2003, (with some other Pokemon of course) what will your team be for the remakes? Don't be afraid to use Pokemon from future regions.

For me:
  • Sceptile
  • Swalot
  • Minun

That's all for now. Might add Tentacruel later on.

Edit by Drohn: Don't forget to explain why you're choosing certain Pokémon for your team. Posts that only include a list of Pokémon names are considered spam!

Aerodactyl

Don't listen to her, she's crazy
RE: What will your team for ORAS be?

I'm just going to Nuzlocke my first go around! I haven't nuzlocked in Gen 3 yet and it seems the perfect opportunity to do so. I am going to start with Swampert though, he was always my starter for Gen 3. I don't love the look of his new mega, but I know I'll warm up to it.

I wonder how many people this time are just going to skip getting a blaziken, I mean so many people use it in X/Y, I'm sure they will want something new.

Anyway, as far as what I'm hoping to get in Gen 3... I really want to end up with a bunch of pokemon I've never used before. I want a camerupt, wailord, ludicolo, and especially Tropius! I don't care if I end up with a bad team balance, I really want the challange.

Jungletoad

Aspiring Trainer

Since Sapphire was my first game I will use Pokemon from my original team. I also plan on migrating my Pokemon from the original Sapphire to Alpha S.
Anyways:

- Swampert
- Manectric
- Lunatone
- Swellow
- Hariyama
- Seviper

:D

ScorchingShock

Hype Train Conducter

I got a pretty basic team so far, yea. It's gonna be a bit long, and it's gonna have a description of why I got em. Also about the 2+ megas, I do that so if one mega doesn't cut it, then another will be there for backup.

Mega Swampert (Swampy) @ Swampertite(?)
Waterfall, Earthquake, Hammer Arm, Unknown
Yea this was an obvious. Mega Swampert is beast and I just can't help loving it. It's gonna be good to use since I'm getting Omega Ruby, plus he's just generally awesome. Waterfall is for the field and STAB, and Earthquake is for STAB as well. Hammer Arm's for coverage. Not sure what to do for the 4th slot.

Mega Altaria (Nimbus) @ Altarite(?)
Dragon Pulse, Fly, Moonblast/Hyper Voice, Flamethrower
This is the only Pokemon that I don't like on here. While I love Altaria and it's Mega, the fact is that I don't want to have this many megas, but OCD kicks in and I got to give any Pokemon with a potential Mega their mega stone. It's frustrating but I can't help it, drives me nuts if I don't do it. Anyway, Dragon Pulse is for STAB and Fly is for the overworld and for STAB. Moonblast/Hyper Voice is for the Mega (if I use it that is) and for STAB during that time. Flamethrower is for coverage.

Mega Lopunny (Thumper) @ Lopunnite(?)
Strength, High Jump Kick, Thunder Punch, Bounce
This one is my favorite Gen 4 mega, hands down. It's less girly so it's safe for it to be male and Scrappy is an awesome ability. Strength is for the field and STAB, and High Jump Kick is for STAB too. Thunder Punch is for the new Flying-type weakness, and Bounce is for coverage.

Unknown (Unknown) @ Unknown
Unknown, Unknown, Unknown, Unknown
The word that is there says it all. This will be my flier and stuff, but not sure what to use. It will not be a mega though.

Unknown (Unknown) @ Unknown
The word that is there says it all. This will be my flier and stuff, but not sure what to use. It will not be a mega though.

Shiftry (Unknown) @ Unknown
Shiftry is pretty awesome. I really like him. As for his moves, item, and name, not sure what I want.

As for the HM's I'm using, here's the list. I'm going by Gen 3 HM's: Cut (On HM Slave), Fly, Surf (On HM Slave), Rock Smash (On HM Slave), Waterfall, Dive (On HM Slave)
Sorry if this is long!

Mitja

veteran smartass

I promised myself I would pick Mudkip this time (its always been my favourite Hoenn starter, but I almost never chose it, as Id need some Water pokemon as a HM slave anyway...), but I'm leaning towards Treecko now c_c

I also always wanted to use a Whiscash but never got around doing so...so that's two.

My "unexpected" poke (something rarely anyone ever chooses to use) will probably be Wigglytuff, which is less boring with the Fairy type now.

Maybe a Magcargo. Should make it more challenging with its awful speed and common weaknesses.

I don't wanna go for the obvious cool 3 stagers that are plenty and everyone including myself always packs on their Hoenn-teams (Flygon, Aggron, Salamence, Gardevoir etc). Might actually go for a Muk or Weezing instead for once!

The only fitting sixth member to these seems to be Skarmory.

They'll probably expand the Hoenndex in some way though, and that could change things.
But seeing how I'm not playing this for like half a year...it'll be completely different by then anyway XD

DevinTheWelf

A Mach Punch User

The starter I'll be picking is Treecko, and I'm going to make sure I have Zangoose and Breloom in my team. I don't want to plan out what the last 3 will be, I want it to be part of the adventure to choose.

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist

I have most of my team figured out. Bare in mind that these are all to be chosen based on my liking of their designs and their types, not to make the game easier or more difficult. These also aren't in any particular order.

Starting off is Sceptile. Mudkip was always my favorite starter, but I hated the rest of the line. Mega Swampert furthers that hatred as I cannot stand his design (I prefer sleeker pokemon). My favorite evolved starter would have to be sceptile and with it's added mega, my love continues.

My next team member is my Gardevoir. It is my favorite Hoenn Pokemon hands down and I simply adore it's mega.

Third, Altaria. I need something with which to fly on and I never like to use the regional birds on my team. I also don't want to use either of the "mainstream dragons". That leaves Altaria. I always loved how a dragon could be made of clouds as well and have wanted to use one for quite some time.

My fourth team member would be a Walrein. Like altaria, I have wanted to use a walrein for a very long time. Also like altaria, I need sometime to use surf. I love pinnipeds (seals, sea lions and walruses) irl, so Walrein seemed like a good fit.

The fifth member of my team is Manectric. Unlike the rest, there is no real backstory. It is a solid electric type with a sleek design. Enough said.

My final team member is either Absol or Frosslass. I have always loved both pokemon, absol for its sleek and misterious design and Frosslass for similar reasons along with its being a split evolution. I have a weird fondness for split evolutions, maybe it comes from my love for eevee... Anyway. I never got to use either so I will have to decide on one.

That is my team. Please tell me what you think of it if you feel so compelled as I would love to hear all of your thoughts (wow, I sound like a YTuber). DrEspeon out.

TheTPCProductionz

Aspiring Trainer

Swampert- I always went with Mudkip, and I will this time as well.

Gardeviour- I always caught a Ralts, I feel Gardeviour is a great pokemon to train and very strong

Breloom- He's a great pokemon, fast, strong and has a great design another that I always went with

Crobat- One of my favourite pokemon, and for the ability to fly.

Not decided on a Fire Pokemon yet, depends what else I didn't like many of the Gen 3 Fire Pokemon

Their Goominess

pesky flying croissant

Treecko - Mega Sceptile is awesome and I can't wait to use it
Camerupt - I used one in Sapphire and really liked it, and the rumours it may have a Mega make me happy.
Lanturn - its one of my all time faves
Gallade - I prefer it to Gardevoir and I love its Mega.
the last 2 are wildcards

Genius715

Aspiring Trainer

I intend on getting both games. Alpha Sapphire will be my main one, and I will have to return to my first starter Torchic for that game. Besides also having a Ludiocolo and Flygon, the rest is a tossup as there could be additions to the dex.
With Omega Ruby, I am going to play through once with both Sceptile and Swampert, and an Altaria on both teams, but the rest will be a major decision come release time.

Windwhip

Aspiring Trainer

Sapphire;

Mudkip aka Dr. Jekyll and Hyde
Altaria-It better have Air Slash in its level up list!!
Swellow-Mega Swellow w/ Aerilate please.

That's it for now. I have few pokemon in my mind I want to use, but I rather to wait and find out if anything's new happening to old Pokemon.

Leaf_Ranger

Knight of Nature and Pokémon

My starter choice will obviously be Treecko. As for the others...I'm still unsure since I don't want to retrain the same species as in S/E but Wingull is certain.
After the main plot, I know I'll have and train a Water-type only team and then switch in order to end with a Grass-only with Sceptile, Roserade, Tropius, Shiftry, Ludicolo and perhaps Cacturne or Breloom (most likely this last), along with all other Grass Pokémon that will be obtained without trading so to have my Leaf Rangers back in Hoenn.

iNebula

Aspiring Trainer

I'll probably pick mudkip as my starter since blazikens are everywhere and I have a number of them I could eventually send over. Regardless, my team will probably end up like this anyway: blaziken, flygon, manectric, swampert, then the last couple are up in the air.

SunRiver

Guardian of the Night

A couple of years ago I decided to change the way I enjoy the games, a trend that was started with the return of Johto in HGSS. As an experienced player the lack of certain challenges hinder you enjoyment like you used to at a younger age hence my decision to take things easy. Instead of blasting my opponents with super effective attacks, I'll focus on status and support moves for my team.

Obviously, a final decision can't be made until the version exclusive are out as well as the Hoenn Pokedex but for now...

Mudkip, was my second starter in Ruby... after I realized that Torchic won't evolve into Groudon (Weird.. I know) and had to restart the game. Swampert was a Pokemon I trusted n Heonn's atmosphere. The mega evolution is somewhat of a hindrance so I may skip if it isn't a plot related event. Although I have to say, there is a point in the game where I want to send the starter to the box like I did with Greninja lately.

Torkoal: I always loved the little fire turtle design and its ability. A mega evolution would be nice to boost its stats but nonetheless, he's a keeper.

Milotic was always a hard Pokemon to possess back then, namely because I didn't know how. Anyway, it's time to catch up on that and stand up to Wallace and fight fire with fire... or water with w... never mind.

Ludicolo: The tank version of the unique Grass/Water Pokemon helped a lot in the Battle Frontier in Sinnoh with the wider option of moves that we couldn't benifit from in the original games.

Uncertainty

Cradily & Claydol may join the in-game stall theme I'm going with at any point. Cradily is my favorite fossil Pokemon and fitting him into a squad was good challenge. Claydol always possessed that mysterious aura around it with those symbols and silent hovering.

I never use HM slaves, instead I pick up a Zubat and stick Fly to him just to get to a place.. same with Surf tbh.

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer

It's funny... curiously, I planned my teams some weeks before ORAS were even announced... I was already expecting remakes, so I planned ahead just in case...

I still don't know if I'll get both but I made 2 teams, one for each game... I was thinking of using Sceptile in O-Ruby and Swampert in A-Sapphire, cause I'm not sure if I'll use the mascots this time, as I already use them from my old Emerald team. Unless, they make the primal form exclusive to the ones caught in ORAS, I'll probably catch them and keep them in the PC...

As for the teams:

Omega Ruby:
-(Mega) Sceptile
-Kingdra
-Salamence
-Rhyperior
-(Mega) Houndoom
-Gallade

Alpha Sapphire:
-(Mega) Swampert
-Magnezone
-Crobat
-(Mega) Aggron
-Arcanine
-Froslass

The teams are planned as counterparts... I didn't choose Blaziken for either team as I already trained one in Emerald and he's already in my XY games...
I have some Sinnoh evolutions of pokémon that can be found in the Hoenn Dex, as I believe they will add those to the regional dex like they did in HGSS... Most of them are favorites of mine that I haven't had the chance to use before (Magnezone, Rhyperior)...
Others serve the dual purpose of being interesting pokémon that I also never got the chance to use and they're useful for overworld navigation: Crobat and Salamence as Flyers, Kingdra as Surfer and as consequence, the mandatory Water-type of the team - Swampert covers that area in the other game. This also applies to Sceptile and Magnezone, both used to beat water-types, and having a Grass-type OR an Electric-type makes the use of the other type unnecessary on the same team.
I used Aggron before in Sapphire but that was when I couldn't buy real games and played with emulators... Both Aggron and Rhyperior cover the Ground or Rock type department...
Gallade is chosen, first because of the reason I mentioned above (cool gen 4 evo), but also because I already used Gardevoir in Emerald (just like Blaziken), so now I want to use its counterpart (maybe it will get a Mega). While I didn't use Glalie, I thought it would be cool to use the two pokémon that requiere the Dawn Stone, so Froslass was chosen as a team member (Whether or not they will provide Dawn Stones before E4, I'll get them by trading them to XY and evolve them there, then trade back to ORAS).
This is also the reason why I'm picking Fire-types for the team that are not in the Hoenn dex. I have no idea if they will be added to the dex, but nevertheless, I'll trade eggs of both to ORAS, as both are cool fire-types I also never used before, and Hoenn dex's Fire-types are not very good or appealing to me...

And that's it.

Seven is a Color

Spinda Doctors

Swampert
Gardevoir
Absol

Those three are a given. I'm not sure for the others yet. I didn't even have a full team in RSE. IIRC, I used those three along with Rayquaza as a safety net against the E4 + Champion. Sableye has earned my consideration with its new mega form. Another poster here brought up the possibility of Mega Torkoal, which is also something I'd consider. I may use Kyogre for my last slot. This time it wouldn't be as a safety net, but because I really like Primal Kyogre's design.

I actually like Mega Sceptile way more than Mega Swampert, but I otherwise like the Mudkip line more.

DrEspeon

Pokemon Physician and Psychologist

Seven is a Color said:
Swampert
Gardevoir
Absol

Those three are a given. I'm not sure for the others yet. I didn't even have a full team in RSE. IIRC, I used those three along with Rayquaza as a safety net against the E4 + Champion. Sableye has earned my consideration with its new mega form. Another poster here brought up the possibility of Mega Torkoal, which is also something I'd consider. I may use Kyogre for my last slot. This time it wouldn't be as a safety net, but because I really like Primal Kyogre's design.

I actually like Mega Sceptile way more than Mega Swampert, but I otherwise like the Mudkip line more.

Hi. I would just like to commend you on using a legendary as a team member because you like the design. So many people are embarrassed to use legendaries, and I don't mean to be mean to any of you, but they lose out on their designs. Personally, I always liked other pokemon better than legendaries, so I never used any, but even if I had, I would have been embarrassed to admit it. So keep soldiering on and being awesome.

Iblistech

Nintendo Direct Hype!

DrEspeon said:
Seven is a Color said:
Swampert
Gardevoir
Absol

Hi. I would just like to commend you on using a legendary as a team member because you like the design. So many people are embarrassed to use legendaries, and I don't mean to be mean to any of you, but they lose out on their designs. Personally, I always liked other pokemon better than legendaries, so I never used any, but even if I had, I would have been embarrassed to admit it. So keep soldiering on and being awesome.

I've had and used Legendaries on my teams the very first time time I played through Blue (Mewtwo), Silver/Crystal (Lugia), Sapphire (Kyogre, Rayquaza and Latias), and Diamond (Dialga and Uxie).

Axell Starr

I will set you ablaze now
My usual team that I'll be trying really hard from using this game (for it feeling like more of a fresh adventure and all) was Azumaril, Breloom, Blaziken, Swellow, Flygon, and Manectric.

Flygon and Abby will be on my team for sure. Thats all I know for now.

Whitefire

Don't Hold It Against Us
OR I'll use Swampert, Luxray, and Roserade
AS I'll use Sceptile

Blaziken [torchic] is so overused but ive never used it once, in all my restarts of Ruby and in emulators.

I plan to make 'fancy' starters and trade them over for use when possible. Seems like a fun way to level up fancy mons instead of using the given starter and turning it into breeding fodder :c or just boxing it forever.