XY Your Shiny Hunts

Hm, I'll make a complete list of all the shinies I've obtained in X version:

Non-Competitive:
-Wingull/Pelipper (1st, Horde Battle, Traded)
-Lampent (Friend Safari, Traded)
-Wartortle (Friend Safari)
-Swirlix (Random Encounter, Traded, found 15 minutes or so after hatching my shiny Eevee)
-Dunsparce (Friend Safari)
-Cacturne (Friend Safari)
-Sableye (Friend Safari, Traded)
-Delibird (Masuda Bred, unintentional side-effect of custom order)
-Noibat (Masuda Bred, unintentional side-effect of breeding for a competitive Noibat/Noivern)
-Poliwhirl (Friend Safari)
-Corphish (Masuda Bred, unintentional side-effect of breeding for a competitive Corphish/Crawdaunt)
-Gulpin (Horde Battle, found while EV training)
-Roggenrola (Horde Battle, found while EV training)
-Axew (Masuda Bred, unintentional side-effect of breeding for a competitive Axew/Haxorus)

Competitive (None of these will ever be traded):
-Eevee/Vaporeon ('Mira', Non-Masuda Method, random chance, 4IV)
-Ralts/Gardevoir ('Solstice', Masuda Bred, deliberate hunt, actually hatched two shiny Ralts within three hours of one another, Traded one to brother, 4IV)
-Caterpie/Butterfree ('Mothman', Masuda Bred, unintentional side-effect of custom order, 4IV)
-Charmander/Charizard (Masuda Bred, unintentional side-effect of custom order, 4IV & HA)
-Vulpix/Ninetales ('Ghostfire', Masuda Bred, deliberate hunt, 5IV & HA)
-Phantump ('Fangorn', Masuda Bred, unintentional side effect of breeding for a competitive Phantump/Trevenant, 6IV & HA)
-Ralts (3rd one, found while completing an order)

Received in a Trade:
-Seadra ('Rapture')
-Clawitzer ('Red Lobster')
-Politoed
-Basculin (Blue)
-Gengar
-Rayquaza
-Vulpix (subsequently traded to brother)
-Typhlosion
-Porygon2

Migrated from Previous Games
-Zubat ('Vlad', Ruby Nuzlocke survivor)
-Nidoqueen (Black or White)
-Hitmonlee (SoulSilver, still needs to migrate up)
-Haxorus (Black 2)

Event Pokémon
-Suicune, Entei, and Raikou (x3 each)
-Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina (x1 each)

Finally got the shiny Genesect from the movie event :D but other than that I'm currently MM'ing for a shiny Beldum...almost at 1000 eggs :/

Just got a Budew within 476 encounters. Female too! Wanted Ledyba but I will accept this as an apology for last hunt's atrocity.

Seeing you guys with these huge lists is making me dizzy. I can't imagine how much time you all put into this. @__@

What about me? Well, way back in Ruby I got my first shiny: A shiny Rhyhorn in the Safari Zone. Completely out of nowhere. Yes I'm serious.

Back then I didn't even know what it was or what was happening, all I knew is that I had to catch this 'red'-rhyhorn before me, and with an amazing amount of luck I actually managed to catch it before it ran away. I was the happiest boy in the world. I took it with me on every journey till Heartgold where it now rests in a box with my Legendary collection. Of which only Celebi and Mew are missing. *sob*

Now my shiny collection has a new member known as 'Magikarp' that I caught while making a chain last week, I love the little golden guy and I can't wait to see him evolve into a shiny Mega-Gyarados!

I've never really hunted for shinies until the latest X & Y games, and it's not really a 'must have' for me, but I still can't imagine anything better then receiving a shiny Metagross (Beldum) or Aegislash (Honedge) one day... x)

Shiny Basculin (red) at a Fish Chain of 23..And It use "Final Gambit" :p Wasn`t need it, so I don`t care. I`m starting my hunt for Shiny Noibat soon :D (breeding and Safari)

Edit: OMG! :) at 3 Encouters a Shiny Noibat in Safari, I`m lucky :D

Got a shiny Horsea in a chain, and currently hunting in a normal safari for either Teddiursa or Eevee, since getting 3 shiny Audino is kinda annoying -_-

Had a very busy day today, even though I'm off work.I had to photoshop lots of stuff, shop for hard to find Japanese merchandise, but still had my hand free to shiny hunt. I can't breed with one hand so I just hunted in the safari. I regret that decision though cause in about 2 hours (350-400 encounters) I found a shiny Piloswine. My second one. Damn it man I wanted Bergmite. Or Snorunt. BAH.

Just hatched my 3rd (?!) shiny Ralts. The little guy is up for trade if anyone's interested. See my thread for details.

pikadino said:
Currently trying to hatch a shiny gadfly only on the 40th egg

What's a Gadfly? Is that like a super secret event Pokemon that I missed? :D

I'm now breeding a Bergmite since the game refused to hand it over. 30 eggs hatched so far. I get the feeling this might be a long one. I don't know why.

MrSquarepants said:
pikadino said:
Currently trying to hatch a shiny gadfly only on the 40th egg

What's a Gadfly? Is that like a super secret event Pokemon that I missed? :D

I'm now breeding a Bergmite since the game refused to hand it over. 30 eggs hatched so far. I get the feeling this might be a long one. I don't know why.

I think he meant gastly

Just hatched a 4IV Bashful Axew, might put her up for trade, but I'll probably keep her. I hatched it after about 30 Eggs, no egg moves. This'll make the second shiny Haxorus I have once I evolve her (I migrated my one from Black 2)

Since these are forums, let's please keep our posts in this thread revolved around semi-detailed explanations of how and where you caught or found a shiny Pokémon. 'Facebook' posts like, "200 eggs in, still no shiny" and "Just hatched this," should go a little more into detail since they don't influence discussion. ;)

~ Thank you
:)

Just wondering, how long or short have your fishing chains been? :)
My longest was at 32, when I got my shiny Relicanth, and the shortest was at around 5 when I got a shiny Poliwag, so they seem to vary a lot in size.

steffenka said:
Just wondering, how long or short have your fishing chains been? :)
My longest was at 32, when I got my shiny Relicanth, and the shortest was at around 5 when I got a shiny Poliwag, so they seem to vary a lot in size.

I've actually never done chaining of any kind, don't have the patience for it.

My shortest was a Remoraid at chain 3. I was pretty amazed. The longest chain I have done without a shiny though is 154 but longest with a shiny is a Horsea at 64. I don't expect anything below 40 however.

My longest Fish Chain was 79 for a Shiny Relicanth :/, My Shortest was 4 for Shiny Clawitzer :) But, I don`t do it often.

I just recently completed my first shiny hunt and it resulted in a 5 IV Shiny Charmander! It tools 615 eggs but it was well worth it. I got discouraged around 450ish, but kept on going until I finally got it.

Currently working on another favorite of mine, Krookodile. 70 eggs in and after the first one taking so long, I'm ready for the long haul this time!

Defz3r0 said:
I just recently completed my first shiny hunt and it resulted in a 5 IV Shiny Charmander! It tools 615 eggs but it was well worth it. I got discouraged around 450ish, but kept on going until I finally got it.

Currently working on another favorite of mine, Krookodile. 70 eggs in and after the first one taking so long, I'm ready for the long haul this time!

I'm too lazy to do the MM, but I've gotten a shiny Helioptile at 93 eggs once, however that's the only time I've ever done a Masuda Method :)

I've started on a quest to get all the Pokemon available from chain fishing and at the moment I've gotten: Horsea, Skrelp, Goldeen, Shellder, Poliwag, Carvahna (after 6 Goldeen -_-), Qwilfish, Barboach, Corphish, Magikarp, Seaking, Chinchou, Clamperl and Gyarados :) Still missing a lot, but it's a fun hunt :D

Back