XY Your Shiny Hunts

Wow. 6 Goldeen? Bad luck Brian! I really wanted a shiny Carvanha but saw Goldeen and gave up.

I'm getting bored of hunting and with me stuck with work, time for working out, Yoshis New Island and FFX HD around the corner, plus me taking the time to practice to draw, ain't no time to hunt except Walking Dead Sundays. I hunted while watching The Wind Rises for Bergmite or Noibat but got nothing... game stopped throwing shinies at me.

I'm currently Masuda Breeding for a Shiny Feebas, female if possible. I'm currently over 50 eggs in, so far nothing. However, I do have a bunch of 5IV Feebas with Haze and Dragon Pulse as a consolation prize.

Edit: Ugh, over 275 eggs (I think, I don't really keep count) still nothing. C'mon already!

Finally!! :D After around 700 Eggs I got a Shiny Amaura :) And after somethink like 5 Eggs more, then I got a Shiny Froaki :D..My First Completed Masuda Methode! :)

Actually, I want to have a female Shiny Ralts. I serached GTS and found someone would like to trade his/ her Shiny Ralts for Victini. However, GTS did not allow my Victini being traded for whatever reasons. So what I have to do is using Masuda Breeding for Shiny Ralts. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and I am still getting nothing. That is frustrating.

ekria said:
Actually, I want to have a female Shiny Ralts. I serached GTS and found someone would like to trade his/ her Shiny Ralts for Victini. However, GTS did not allow my Victini being traded for whatever reasons. So what I have to do is using Masuda Breeding for Shiny Ralts. I have been doing this for 2 weeks and I am still getting nothing. That is frustrating.

You can't because the GTS doesn't let you to trade special or event Pokémon. Remember that Victini was given for an event.

ekria said:

It is very frustrating and I know someone who took 30 eggs for a shiny Cyndaquil, but 3,000 for Amaura. True story search Shiny Saffichu on YouTube. Luck is a fickle thing. I'm rotating my eggs between Petilil, Noibat, Ledyba, Fennekin, Chespin and Froakie. Pledge? 30 each. Which any shine? We'll see.

I forgot I hoarded a bunch of shiny Ralts from DP when I was on a roll with chaining. I have a modest female if you want. Please reply to me in PM or my trading thread and not this one.

I got 3 shiny Skrelp a few days ago within a total of about 30 chains. I finally got a Jolly Shellder the next day in under 20 and then a Carvanha a few days after that.

My shiny Cyndaquil is still taking up a bunch of time though. At least I can WT them off for some interesting things.

I have gotten shinies through all methods except the Pokeradar (I find that way too annoying). Recently, I got a second shiny Slowbro and a shiny Drifblim through random encounter. Though overall, I prefer the Horde method as it tends to yield way more results (like my shiny Yanma who had a Timid nature!).

Now that I have finally maxed out my X version's save time at 999:59 hours, I will list every Kalos native shiny Pokémon that I currently have, with a little summary by each Pokémon explaining how I obtained them.
None of my Pokémon are cloned, hacked, or were hatched using that dead instacheck service. I take pride in capturing/hatching shiny Pokémon the way Game Freak intended. Cheaters got nothing on me!

• Wartortle (Now a Blastoise, I found this beauty while I was specifically hunting for it in the Friend Safari!)
  • Vulpix (Now a Ninetales, I hatched this 5IV Pokémon using a 5IV French Absol and native female 5IV Vulpix. I only hatched around 800 eggs.) :p
  • Poliwhirl (Now a Poliwrath, I found this sky blue water type while chain fishiny on Route 21. Which was also my first shiny while chain fishing.)
  • Geodude (Now a Golem, I traded one of my shiny Diggersby for this awesome rock.)
  • Slowpoke (Now a Slowbro, it was the first shiny that I caught in XY. It was a surprise random encounter on Route 12 after I had defeated the Pokémon League.)
  • Doduo (Now a Dodrio, did I find this with the PokéRadar? Nope, I caught it in the Friend Safari two minutes after capturing a shiny Swanna.) :D
  • Cloyster (You're probably thinking that I chain fished this, well... you'd be wrong. I found it in an ice type Friend Safari!)
  • Electrode (What's cooler than a white and red exploding ball? A white and blue one of course! Just another Friend Safari capture.)
  • Exeggcute (One of my favorite Pokémon of all time. Now an Exeggutor, I chained this Pokémon using the PokéRadar in Azure Bay. I'm pretty sure that I encoutered it after maxing out the chain at 40.)
  • Goldeen (Caught just now actually, this Goldeen is my second shiny Goldeen that I have chain fished on Route 22. Were are you shiny Carvanha?!)
  • Goldeen (Now a Seaking..... I chain fished it on Route 22.)
  • Magikarp (I chain fished this golden beauty on Route 3! I plan on raising it up to Level 100!)
  • Totodile (My all time favorite Pokémon! Now a Feraligatr, I hatched this guy with the egg move Aqua Jet using the Masuda Method. I hatched it in under 300 eggs!)
  • Sunkern (Now a Sunflora, I found this cutie in a grass type Friend Safari!)
  • Quagsire (Imagine my surprise when I woke up on a Sunday morning and found a pink Quagsire in the Friend Safari!) :D
  • Slowpoke (Now a Slowking, I found my second shiny Slowpoke on a PokéRadar chain of 21 in Azure Bay!)
  • Forretress (The one that I have with me now was the first shiny Pokémon that I encountered in the friend safari! I later caught a second one, but traded it for what is now a shiny Magnezone.)
  • Scyther (Now a green Scizor, I hatched this flawless competitive Pokémon using the Masuda Method. It was a very quick shiny hunt, as I hatched it in under 200 eggs!)
  • Remoraid (Now an Octillery, I chain fished this aquatic creature on Route 12 last night!)
  • Seadra (Now a Kingdra, I found this Pokémon while navigating through the GTS. I only traded a Garchomp for it, and seeing as Garchomp is an all time favorite of mine, I usually have three or four in my PC.)
  • Smeargle (Traded for something, I can't remember the details, but it's an awesome Pokémon. It is said to have been caught in the Friend Safari.)
  • Seviper (The first shiny that I found in my Y version, I found immediately after gaining access to the Friend Safari!)
  • Corphish (Now a Crawdaunt, I chain fished this water and dark type on Route 3.)
  • Feebas (Now a Milotic, I hatched this beautiful, graceful, flawless, competitive Pokémon using the Masuda Method. I believe I hatched it in around 300 eggs!)
  • Speal (Now a Walrein, I traded a shiny Gabite that I caught in the Friend Safari for this awesome purple Hoenn region Pokémon.)
  • Clampearl (Haven't evolved it yet, I chain fished this pretty shiny on Route 12. I plan on trying to find another one so that I can have both a shiny Huntail and shiny Gorebyss.)
  • Relicanth (I found this Pokémon on the GTS, but I can't exactly remember what I traded for it.)
  • Luvdisc (While most people don't care for Luvdisc, I love them! Especially the yellow ones! I caught this pretty heart shaped Pokémon while hording for Heart Scales.)
  • Roselia (One of my top five favorite Pokémon, now a Roserade, I caught this grass and poison type on route 17 while using the PokéRadar!)
  • Combee (Although it's male, I still love it! I traded a shiny Horsea for this bug type.)
  • Floatzel (My good friend Drohn gave me this awesome Pokémon after chain fishing it!)
  • Drifblim (I traded away quiet a few random Pokémon for this ghost type, but it was well worth it. Thanks Dr.Mario!)
  • Chatot (From what was my longest chaining experience ever, I caught this chatty bird in Azure Bay using the PokéRadar.)
  • Riolu (Now a yellow Lucario, I traded one of my shiny Electabuzz for this awesome mega evolution capable Pokémon. Thanks again Dr.Mario!)
  • Sneasle (Now a pink Weavile, I found this shiny while specifically hunting for it in an ice type Friend Safari! Success!)
  • Magneton (Now a Magnezone, I traded one of my shiny Diggersby for this awesome steel type! It is said to have been found in the Friend Safari.)
  • Electabuzz (Now an Electivire, this was my first of two shiny Electabuzz that I caught in the Friend Safari! Want to hear something funny? They both had the same perfect IV's!) :p
  • Togepi (Now a Togekiss, I found this fairy type in a Friend Safari. Popquiz, what's the difference between a Togekiss and a shiny Togekiss? ... Nothing!) :p
  • Lillypup (Now a Stoutland, I caught this cute Unova region Pokémon in a normal type Friend Safari!)
  • Munna (Now a Musharna, I traded away one of my shiny Skiddo for this dreamer!)
  • Basculin (I caught this Red-Striped Basculin on Route 21. Basculin was actually the first shiny Pokémon that I encountered while chain fishing, but it used Final Gambit before I could catch it. Luckily I found, and caught, a second one!)
  • Swanna (I found this beautiful purple flying type while running around in the Friend Safari.)
  • Ferroseed (Now a Ferrothorn, again, I found this Pokémon in the Friend Safari!) :p
  • Pawniard (Now a blue Bisharp, I caught this awesome dark and steel type a few minutes after capturing my shiny Ferrothorn!)
  • Vullaby (Now a Mandibuzz, I traded this awesome Unova region Pokémon for one of my shiny Diggersby. Thanks MrSquarepants!)
  • Larvesta (Now a fiery yellow Volcarona, I caught this super awesome Pokémon in my brother's fire type Friend Safari!)
  • Quilladin (Now a Chesnaught, I found this Kalos region starter Pokémon while specifically hunting for it in a grass type Friend Safari!)
  • Fennekin (Now a Delphox, I masuda bred this beautiful Kalos starter Pokémon in under 400 eggs! Ohh ya, and it's female!!)
  • Froakie (Now a Greninja, I randomly hatched this awesome Pokémon while preparing to breed for a 5IV Protean Froakie. Sadly, it hatched with it's normal Torrent ability.)
  • Bunnelby (Now a Diggersby, I caught this Pokémon on a PokéRadar chain of five! How lucky am I?! I later caught two additional shiny Diggersby in the Friend Safari, but later traded both of them for two Pokémon listed above.)
  • Fletchling (Now a level 100 Talonflame that I use for flying and hatching eggs, I caught this Pokémon on Route 2 while using the PokéRadar. I believe I encountered it on a chain of 31.)
  • Skiddo (Now a Gogoat, I caught this grass type on Route 5 while using the PokéRadar. I had to max out the chain at 40 before encountering it! I later chained for another shiny Skiddo, but traded it away to Scorched Feathers for a shiny Munna!)
  • Pancham (Now a Pangoro, I caught this awesome Panda Pokémon in my first ever successful PokéRadar chain!)
  • Furfrou (I chained for this Pokémon on Route 5, my favorite grooms for my black Furfrou are the Dandy trim and the Kabuki trim.)
  • Inkay (Now a Malamar, I radar chained for this upside down Pokémon in Azure Bay. I believe I encountered it in a chain of 30! I'm currently trying to find another one so that I can trade for an event shiny Genesect!)
  • Skrelp (Now a Dragalge, I traded a shiny Corpish for a shiny Clauncher, which I then traded for this poison and dragon type.) :p
  • Clauncher (Now a Clawitzer, my good friend Drohn chain fished this awesome red Pokémon!)
  • Dedenne (THE CUTEST POKÉMON EVER, behind Totodile of course. This awesome shiny Dedenne was caught in the Friend Safari by my good friend Drohn! Which I still have yet to repay him. This shiny is my signature Pokémon, which is why it's in my signature.)
  • And lastly, while I haven't yet hatched one. I'm currently Masuda breeding for a 4/5 IV Deino! Hopefully a shiny will hatch soon. I'm only 200-250 eggs in so far, so I'm not giving up yet!
For those who didn't read that long list. I currently have 58 Kalos Native shinies! With more to come of course. ;)
EDIT: This post is so long that there isn't enough room to display my signature. :p

I randomly found a shiny Dousion in White,Houndour in Platinum and Wingull in Y.I hunted for Mareep in hordes and still hunting for Suicune.Man,one and a half months take their toll.My Mareep hunt took three days!

I currently breeding for a Sassy Shiny 5IV Turtwig (0 in Speed) for a member :p Hatched 30 eggs no luck :), and IVs also don`t work with me..5IVs but no 0 in Speed :/ I`m just..Don`t know what to do on my X so, this I do this now.
My Friend Safari luck on Shiny brought me a Shiny Luxio+Another Dedenne! :3
Also..Horde Chain get my a Shiny Murkrow! And I got a Shiny Mismagius Native to Kallos (5IV!!) of trade

Finally! After 10 days and I don't even know how many eggs:

6c76f8c9-944d-415e-bd64-a04622b2f4d0_zps297e9d9e.jpg

Just saw and caught a shiny Metapod after searching for any shiny for the last four days! This one makes me happiest because it was the last Pokemon I was expecting to find in any capacity.

Currently I'm shiny hunting for a couple of pokes, mainly pawniard, manectric and horsea so I can do an all shiny run on my Y version.

Question for you shiny hunters. How do you feel about evolving your shinies? I mean sometimes the final evolution is cool, but the current form is also great too! I have a hard time evolving some of my shinies because it's... like... I don't know I get all sentimental about it like, I ran into that shiny, in that specific form, and I kinda wanna keep it like that.

Pokemon I have a hard time evolving.

Shelgon
Braixen
Pumpkaboo
Goomy
Clauncher
Espurr
Bergmite
Floette (then again I have 3 cause of this)
Drifblim
Shellder
Petilil (I LOVE shiny Liligant! But I loved Petilil too, so even when I got a shiny Petilil from a trade here, I had to get a shiny Petilil of my own and I could not evolve her. She has a Naughty nature so I named her Princess, the little brat. :) )
Scatterbug (but I am going to with my Z playthough, which I know has to come out next year)

Pokemon I have no intention of evolving
Chespin
Braixen
Noibat

Pokemon I love that I evolved
Greninja
Florges
Beedrill
Serperior
Milotic
Gardevoir
Barbaracle
Meowstic (I love both forms but in the end loved Meowstic more)
Aegislash
Bisharp
Bellossom
Xerne- Oh wait... I was thinking about blue, thinking about X, thinking bout how, sparkly it gonna be, open my eyes, it was only just a dreeeeaam!!!

Eh, you get the idea this is more or less of the shinies I've caught so far, but anyway which shiny have you caught, and found yourself making a difficult choice to evolve it?

I'm currently trying to hatch a shiny Fennekin. I'm at about 730 eggs, give or take a few. I finally got around to moving 690 of them to my other game so I have more room! I may think about trying for a another shiny if I ever do get the Fennekin, but I doubt I'd have enough room in my PC boxes. I do someday want a shiny Zorua, though. It looks awesome!

As for shinies from past games, back in Emerald/Ruby/Sapphire I encountered a shiny Nincada. I had no idea about shinies, but I thought it looked different so I caught it. Now that I know about shiny Pokémon, I am so glad I did! In one of those games, I can't remember exactly which one, I also caught a shiny Tentacool. After that, I didn't find another shiny until Black/White/Black 2/White 2. I think it was Black 2, but I can't quite remember. I was just roaming around and found a shiny Trubbish. In Y I found a shiny Mienfoo with its special ability in the Friend Safari. So that's my list of non-event/programmed shinies.

Evolving shinies is something I really don't like doing, because I only have one shiny of that Pokémon and I don't want to loose it! Also, I, a lot of the time, like the basic form better. I do wonder about the Nincada, though. If I evolved it would I get both Ninjask and Shedinja as shinies?

ShimmeringIce said:
Evolving shinies is something I really don't like doing, because I only have one shiny of that Pokémon and I don't want to loose it! Also, I, a lot of the time, like the basic form better. I do wonder about the Nincada, though. If I evolved it would I get both Ninjask and Shedinja as shinies?

Yes, if you evolve your shiny Nincada, you'll have both a shiny Ninjask and shiny Shedinja.
I myself haven't had too many issues evolving my shiny Pokémon. I like to battle with them alot, so evolving them into stronger Pokémon is a must. Some Pokémon of mine however aren't evolved and will never be. Like my shiny event Pichu and pre-evolutions of shinies that I already have.

Prince Dedenne said:
ShimmeringIce said:

Yes, if you evolve your shiny Nincada, you'll have both a shiny Ninjask and shiny Shedinja.
I myself haven't had too many issues evolving my shiny Pokémon. I like to battle with them alot, so evolving them into stronger Pokémon is a must. Some Pokémon of mine however aren't evolved and will never be. Like my shiny event Pichu and pre-evolutions of shinies that I already have.

Thank you for clearing that up! I may have to think of doing that since I would be getting two shinies from one! I actually don't battle with my shinies much (although I don't really have many of them and they tend to stay on whatever game they were caught in). I rarely ever battle with actual people so stats honestly don't really matter for me. Plus, I'm kind of sentimental about them as well.

I got quit a few Shiny Evolution`s:
-Florges
-Delphox
-Greninja
-Noivern
-Aegislash
-Torterra
-Meowstic (F/M)
-Pyroar (F/M
-Charizard
-Gairdovair
-Salamance
-Auroras
-Tyranthum
-Infernape
-Ferralighator

This are just all litle list of Evolution`s Shiny`s :)

Back