Your Fears

CCloud

Aspiring Trainer
Some of the most common fears out there are the fears of heights, certain bugs, failure, and rejection, but there are some other kinds of fears out there, especially some unusual ones. What are yours?

One of my fears is at nighttime, when I am in bed, and I hear a noise outside that I don't know what it is. It really freaks me out.

I want to hear from everyone, because I know all people have fears. :>

I am terrified of heights, and therefore 95% of all roller coasters as well. I can also be slightly scared of the dark, as in pitch black when I can't see and I hear stuff, like you. I'd be terrified if I woke up in the middle of the night if I was camping in a tent in the forest.

I am not that much afraid of anything. I don't even hear my dog bark at night either. I have never really been afraid of anything to be honest. I don't hear anything when I am asleep because I sleep like a rock every night.:)

The only thing I fear is time... lolz anyway, I don't really have things I'm feared of. Fear is just an illusion of your mind, if you can overcome it, there's nothing to fear anymore. Think of that next time, it helps me ; )

spiders and the darkness.
always feel like somethings hiding in there o_0

edit: needles, forgot about that O_0

I'm willing to bet that everyone that writes that they're not afraid of anything knows that they have some sort of fear of something deep inside them and it's just something that people don't need to know.

I'm actually quite comfortable in pitch black places (not emo). It just lets me decide what I see around me with my imagination. I some times get frightened if I see someone that I don't know in the street looking at me in scary ways. Also when it's just dark not pitch black I start to imagine things around me and it creeps me out.

Heights, the darkness (just a bit, since I sometimes here some strange noises...) and thunderstorms. Honestly, if I were to hear just a little bit of thunder, or see a bit of lightning, I freak out like crazy.

Spiders and Needles. I don't share a good memory with them. I'm not too bad with heights, but when it's a bit too much, I get a little nervous. I have a fear of what you call "embarrassment". I get a bit scared about embarrassing myself, and therefore, I'm quite shy. Although, it is an unconcious fear, which I don't really emphasize on a lot.

I am terrified of bees. I have never been stung and don't plan on it. I also have a fear of failure before the fourth round of a tournament because I usually start out 3-0 and then end up losing the rest of the rounds. It usually doesn't come from misplays either. It ends up being I prize something I need or my opponent top decks the one card that makes all the difference.

Im not really scared of anything that would be a normal fear. I have such weird ones such as: The fear of failure, the fear of embarrassment, The fear of intelligence etc...

I'm afraid of talking to people. Often, I'll just find something else to do where I can be alone. When ever someone wants to talk to me, I just run away.

Yeah, I'm a really shy person.

CCloud said:
Some of the most common fears out there are the fears of heights, certain bugs, failure, and rejection, but there are some other kinds of fears out there, especially some unusual ones. What are yours?

One of my fears is at nighttime, when I am in bed, and I hear a noise outside that I don't know what it is. It really freaks me out.

I want to hear from everyone, because I know all people have fears. :>

Fears are a state of mind in which the brain distorts feelings and emotion... Fear does not exist, therefore it is illogical and should be ignored using happy thoughts.. Though I do have one fear, death....

^ lol, that is the one thing I am not scared of. However it is just instinctive to survive. So our fear is what helps the human race survive. Thats why fear is important emotion.

What really scares me is the fact that when you swap the 1st letters of each word in the title of this thread, you get "Four Years", which sounds a little too much like an eerie prediction :O

Other than that, I'm only really afraid of things I should be afraid of, like walking a tightrope over a deep cliff, or eating bullets. Phobias are for silly people.
Oh, and vampires.

I'm afraid that, in the end, my life will amount to nothing and that I will die without any form of impact on this Earth. I am frightened tremendously by failure, to go among my days without money or success. To wander this Earth forever a "nobody".

I am also incredibly scared of authoritative figures, and those in the medical field. This includes police officers, doctors, and dentists (yeah, I know, silly right?).

Edit: Mods scare me, too. xD Although, Zyflair has helped me to overcome that fear somewhat.

http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/member.php?action=profile&uid=4142

Seriously, though, I really have no fears. My only real fear is that my life will go too quickly and that I won't be able to do everything I've wanted to do due to my disabilities. But it doesn't seem to be that way right now. I've learned that life is much too precious to worry over such trivial things.

Also... yeah, Lenny. :S

ArceusShayminLovr said:
Fears are a state of mind in which the brain distorts feelings and emotion... Fear does not exist, therefore it is illogical and should be ignored using happy thoughts.. Though I do have one fear, death...
I agree, by knowing it's an illusion you can easily depict it as something else and thus making you a lot more comfortable, although it requires some exercise ; )

Like I said before, the only thing I should be afraid of is time. There's so much I want to do, yet there's so little time...

Heavenly Spoon :F said:
What really scares me is the fact that when you swap the 1st letters of each word in the title of this thread, you get "Four Years", which sounds a little too much like an eerie prediction :O
Are there things you don't notice...? Man, you have a sharp eye :0

Oh, you guys who have no fears. I guarantee that, for all of you, there is at least one thing that will frighten you; you just haven't encountered it yet.

As for me, I'm extremely terrified of guns. The sound of guns, people with guns, even just seeing guns can make me paralyzed with fear. Probably because of the book The Rifle.

You know what else is really scary? When you take the first letters of the words in the names Heavenly Spoon AND Holy Star, you get HS. HS is a common abbreviation for an age-old phrase popular with... satanists...

I fear them both. They're both such dark figures...

x2l1k6.png

Back