Pokemon Your Career Path in the Pokémon Universe?

RE: What career path would you choose in the Pokémon Universe?

I love this question!
Anyway, I would like to be mew's friend.
We could hang out in the Tree of Beginning or have fun in different places through mew's teleportation or transformation.
During our travels, it could render itself invisible or transform into another pokemon while I would wear disguises so that we can remain anonymous. :)
We would enjoy the world together and help others whenever we can.
I don't suppose this is an actual occupation/career, but if it is, I guess I would be called a Roamer. I, however, prefer being known as the Watcher from the Tree.

I would be a PokeManiac and spent my entire life fursuiting in Rock Tunnel.

Once in a thread like this, I said that I would be a sort of person who takes in all the abandoned Flareons of the Poke World and take care of them, sorta 101 Dalmatians style. :3 I would have a nice ranch for them, but I would also spend time traveling to find more pokes that people unfairly abandoned.

My team would be Booster the Flareon, Scottie the Mightyena, Sammeh the Sammurott, Penny the Meganium, Sean the Probopass, and Lady the Sylveon. :3

...And eventually we would form a new villainous team centered around reviving the great Mega Kabutops... but mostly it would just be about helping unfortunate Pokemon. :3

RE: What career path would you choose in the Pokémon universe?

I would love to be a professor. I would travel the world studying Pokemon in their natural habitats, catching some to be fellow traveling companions and studying how to make their care in captivity better. I would keep them out of their pokeballs to keep them happy. I do this with my real pets so I wouldn't treat my Pokemon any different. I would offer lectures and advice to all those who wish to hear it. I would love being able to give aspiring trainers (that meet the right criteria) their first Pokemon and Pokedex.

I'd Either want to take care of My favorite Pokémon as pets as I just love certain types and Kinds of Pokémon or what they remind me of or probably be a trainer as I consider battles to be Awesomely Epic and fun to be apart of. Maybe both as they both seem to be Interesting to me, so I'd be a good ol' Trainer, one that really cares about his Pokémon with affection.
My Team would mostly consist of a Groudon, a Chesnaught, a Charizard, a Meditite that I'll never feel the need to evolve as I love it the way It is, A Scrafty, and a Pidgeot

Well then.... If I lived in the world of Pokémon.... I guess I'd be happily set for life then!

I would like to be a member of the Pokémon G-Men like Lance, then I will protect innocent Pokémon from criminals!

Of course I would be the Champion. Worship me. XD

But seriously, I would love being the Champion. Being the strongest trainer, that's awesome.

If anyone else dare say they would be the Champion, They shall die.

I was actually just thinking a while ago that being a Pokemon trainer wouldn't be as fun IRL as it is in the games. You'd have to feed them, clean up their waste, and possibly tame them to get them to obey you and work out any personality flaws they have (like being territorial, overly aggressive, etc.), which are some of the reasons I've never wanted to have a pet or a child.

I've talked to my girlfriend about this before. Personally, I'd love to open up my own fighting-type gym, whilst she would be a Pokemon breeder.

I'd help out the town with anything to do with training their Pokemon, giving constructive feedback on how best to raise and train the Pokemon, as well as battling tips.

My team would consist of:

- Poliwrath
- Infernape
- Hariyama
- Lucario/Mega Lucario

Lucario would be my main partner, and given their different types, I would have them strengthen their weaknesses. For example, Infernape's fire-type moves would be trained against Poliwrath's water attacks. The gym would also be based around speed, and showing trainers the importance of speed during a battle :)

Become movie stars with my pokemon & create & run a secret pokemon hero organization to infiltrate groups like Team Plasma, Flare, etc. & stopping them from the inside before they hurt anyone.

I'm going to be a bit of an oddball here and choose a Pokemon Ranger career. While you don't get to own many pokemon, being able to freely "borrow" them from the wild is such a nice concept that also causes no Team Plasma-like issues about ownership and slavery. For some reason the idea always seemed really cool and fun to me. Don't get me wrong, being a trainer is also really cool and makes for the best games, but something about being in the open all the time and having a highly respected position that often entails direct crime fighting interests me. I mean, come on, who wouldn't love to be a pokemon cop/secret angent/spy/explorer/naturalist/?

I guess another career I would love, just like in real life, is something involving entertainment or performing arts. So in that sense I could be an actor or movie star like Diantha and Brycen. I suppose Pokemon Contests are also neat, but if I'd personally enjoy acting myself. Or hey, a singer or rocker could work too, assuming I'm not limited to training Jigglypuff, Magnemite and Loudred. :p

Late Edit: It occurred to me that I never mentioned my partner pokemon. Well if it isn't already obvious, I'd have a partner Psyduck.

In all honesty, joining any of those "evil" teams seems pretty tempting. I mean, they're always causing a ruckus, and making trouble, it just seems so colorful, in a way. Maybe I'd just be some sort of mysterious, aloof vagabound ala Wes from Pokemon Colosseum like that.

If I had to pick something more mundane, I think I'd be a politician or something, some sort of job that gives me the power to manipulate the social environment around me....

RE: Which Career Path Would You Choose in the Pokemon Universe?

I would want to be a pokemon coordinator ya know? Travel the world participating in contests with my eevee, skitty, and my sylveon which is the mother of my eevee! I'd live primarily in lumiouse city out of a single room apartment but when I'm not there I'd be travelling!

RE: Which Career Path Would You Choose in the Pokemon Universe?

IggyS said:
I would want to be a pokemon coordinator ya know? Travel the world participating in contests with my eevee, skitty, and my sylveon which is the mother of my eevee! I'd live primarily in lumiouse city out of a single room apartment but when I'm not there I'd be travelling!
Similarly, I would want to be a coordinator, with unevolved pokémon, and 'cute' ones.
When I would get to old to do contests, I would retire and become a male nurse joy.
Good day.

RE: Which Career Path Would You Choose in the Pokémon Universe?

I consider myself lucky to be on a path that's about as close as you can get to Pokemon in real life right now; I'm a bird bander studying biology, so I get to be up close with a wide variety of critters in the wild. What also seems attractive to me about the Pokemon world in general is that everything that I love in real life is suddenly the equivalent of a professional sport: knowing the creatures in your world, what they can do, their ecological niches and abilities, et cetera.

For that reason, I think I could see myself being a Pokemon Trainer-- or at least starting off that way! I think I'll always have that scientific bent, though, so I'd probably switch over to research by the time I hit college-age.

I love birds, so my team would probably be bird-oriented:

Fletchinder
Staraptor
Archen
Salamence
Charizard
Prinplup

Psychic trainer. Because that's what my fan fic character is a psychic trainer. He speaks with Pokemon and became a sorta spokes person for the Pokemon with Humans.

I'd be a explorer for sure (Or paleontologist)! Exploring just sounds cool, and even cooler in Pokémon world. My goal would be to discover new places and regions, and to find fossils. My team would have Charmander, Armaldo, Nidoqueen, Absol and Quagsire.

Um hello? Son of Sabrina and Lt. Surge.

I'm a psychic trainer. But I am not like the guys on the road talking about philosophy and things. Nope. I say it like it is. I'm going to blow you out of the water completely.

I would own a small but famous Japanese style tuning shop (for cars) which I would also run my car club out of. We would specialize in customizing cars to represent out customers' favorite Pokemon. The shop mascot would be Tyranitar because he is one of my favorites, he reminds me of Godzilla, and one of the most famous Japanese cars ever made is nicknamed Godzilla (Nissan Skyline) so Tyranitar would give my shop credibility in both the car and Pokemon world. Pikachu would be my Poke-pal and we would have all sorts of fun together. He would help me around the shop and be my co-pilot while driving. Gengar would be the third member of my team, and we would cause mischief together playing pranks and having fun, and also battle together. Customers and friends would be able to hang out, chat about Pokemon and cars, and battle at the shop.

So my Pokemon would be:

Tyranitar

Pikachu

Gengar

I would love to study whatever the Pokemon version of sociology is. Studying social constructs of wild Pokemon and how different species interact in common territory is fascinating to me. Honestly any sort of field study is awesome because of the amazing biological possibilities behind different Pokemon. But taking knowledge gained from the social interactions in the wild and applying that to domestic matters like battling would be so cool. This is all really vague, but it's hard not to be when you're talking about employment in the Pokemon world. /tears

I would definitely work in Sinnoh. My favorite characters (like Thorton, Volkner, Flint, and Cynthia) all reside them and doing research alongside them would certainly be a plus. There are unique locations like Mt. Coronet, Iron Island, Stark Mountian, the 3 lakes, and the Great Marsh that open themselves up to interesting research. It's just a very diverse region and it would hard to get bored.

As for Pokemon:

- Dunsparce (babe)
- Lickitung (babe #2)
- Poliwhirl (babe #3 + surfing)
- Honchkrow (sinnoh native + flying. important so i can watch pokemon in their natural habitat without disturbing them)
- Magmortar (just a very capable battler in case of emergency)

Thinking about this gets me really excited and it's so stressful that it can never actually happen...

also - i want to be dialga's friend because it's the cutest legendary ever.

Back