XY5 'Gaia Volcano' and 'Tidal Storm' Leaking! [12/10]

I don't have to play the game to know people are gonna run Dragon Blast Kingdra.
Hell, if I was still playing, I'd run it.

Hmm, does anyone else feel the attack name feels really out of place on the full-art Megas? It was kind of cute on the non-Full Arts for a while, though sometimes it detracts pretty significantly, but it makes the full-arts look really cluttered imo, especially given the Mega rulebox also significantly taking away from it, a problem which non-Full Arts lack. Which is a shame, FA Megas are long overdue. Too bad I find them disappointing.

Really, compare FA Groudon EX and FA Primal Groudon EX and tell me which looks better. It's no contest.

RiverShock said:
Hmm, does anyone else feel the attack name feels really out of place on the full-art Megas? It was kind of cute on the non-Full Arts for a while, though sometimes it detracts pretty significantly, but it makes the full-arts look really cluttered imo, especially given the Mega rulebox also significantly taking away from it, a problem which non-Full Arts lack. Which is a shame, FA Megas are long overdue. Too bad I find them disappointing.

Really, compare FA Groudon EX and FA Primal Groudon EX and tell me which looks better. It's no contest.

Definitely true that the regular EX FAs look better than the Mega FAs. However, I still think the FA Megas are cooler looking and a better SR than the gold bordered ones from XY1-4 were. Those just didn't stand out enough. So, I guess FA EX > FA Mega > Gold bordered Mega SR

Diggersby actually looks viable! With a Muscle Band, it can OHKO most Lightning, Colorless, and Dark Types for 3 Colorless!

Expanded Eelektrik, you are going to get a LOT better...

review should be up as soon as all scans come out!

Oh, yeah, I agree, the gold-bordered Megas were crap. (Well, Manectric looks kinda nice, IMO, given its Lightning typing's yellow frame.) That being said, I feel the same way about shiny Trainers, which we're getting back. Yay... Weakness Policy looks so, so bad. Switch is the only one that took advantage of the texturing.

So we are still missing around 40-50 cards at the moment. I'm rolling a dice for 1/2 art ancient trait Lanturn.

Most of the card artwork are drawn as cute.

I hope its the light, but I don't really like this textured look of the rarer cards.

Also, some water pokemon are so powerful that they haven't gone with a special water energy and instead skipped to Metal and Fairy.

Okay Guys tell me what you think about my deck idea ! ( If someone else posted it, I am sorry but I didn't see it from anywhere I thought of it)

New BROKEN deck SWAMPERT (ancient trait) & PRIMAL KYOGRE ! (Keldeo is accepted as well)

1) combine the multyple ancient traits for multyple energy attachements!
2) Diving draw is like the "old pigeot" It GIVES YOU ANY CARD YOU WANT 0.0
3) Rare candy and DIVE BALL (man what a great card!) for easy swampert (like old level ball but better)
4) Archie and Battle compressor combo!
5) Primal Kyogre for ancient trait and Moving energy around!
6) Tool retriever is welcomed
7) New stadium for healing our beasts ! Plus The stadium from furious fists which gives ± 170 hp to swampert
8) In conclusion
-powerful attackers and every pokemon here is an attacker !
-no special conditions (keldeo).
-no retreat cost (keldeo).
-doesn't care if garbodor is on.
-can win in 3 turns.
-can Tidal Storm in 2 Turn (by abusing the ancient trait).
-can abuse Seismitoad's quacking punch to maximum.

p.s. Please lend me a hand in here : http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-english-where-can-i-read-the-b-w-manga
Thanks for reading ! I can't express my feelings ! Seeing my favourite pokemon (swampert & kyogre) combine strengths with the best deck i have ever seen is astonishing !

HA559 said:
I hope its the light, but I don't really like this textured look of the rarer cards.

In my experience, all of the Pokémon textured cards (FAs, shinies, other UR/SR, etc.) always look worse in photos/scans than they do in person. I'm always consistently impressed with how those cards looks and feel in person compared to their scans. For the Japanese ones, anyway. >_>

I personally LOVE the return of the gold borders/secret Items!! C'mon, look at this SR Dive Ball! It's awesome!! And yeah, Weakness Policy! And yeah, 1/2 art BIDOOF!!! Holy crapoly, that M-Kyogre EX FA is awesome!!

Now I absolutely want the return of SR shiny Pokémon!

Bouffalant is interesting: 80 plus special energy discard for CCC is not bad at all. It's ability makes it's attacks do 40 more to grass. Nothing game breaking, but it's colorless so who knows?

Multistrike is neat. It's balanced by the fact that Pokemon with this trait don't have the best attacks, but with Muscle Band and Virbank, you could do quite a bit with Nidoqueens first attack.

O Heal is also interesting, but so far, there aren't any good Pokemon with the ability. A shame since there are a lot of healing cards that this could work with.

I think Archie and Maxie have to be mistranslated. Drawing five cards just seems broken, especially when it's on top of the revive effect. Maybe you draw 5 cards after you shuffle?

Rhyperior just might be worth it. Good HP, defensive ability, strong attack that gets better with the fighting support, and it can't be affected by lasers, hammers, Lysander, and others. Definitely one of the better ancient trait Pokemon.

Holy mother of arceus there are full art megas! All the 'Reversion Abilities' are really something. And the secret rare gold cards are sexy! Can't wait for this set to come out on my birthday!

I'd like to state how absolutely fun and immersive this set looks! I have never been so hyped or excited for the release of a set, as I am for this one. This set is bringing so many changes and new additions to the TCG, and it's undoubtedly going to be Meta-changing. Bouffalant looks like a decent check to Virizion/Genesect decks. The amount of interesting Stage 1's and Stage 2's is incredible! This set has done exactly what I've been wnating for the last 2-3 years - shifting the format and Meta focus away from big Basics, back towards Stage 1's and Stage 2's. The stadium cards introduced look awesome! Seriously, everything about this set is amazing. The pull rates are going to be INSANE, since it's already a small set, and a TON of the cards are Ultra Rare or Rare. CANNOT WAIT!

As WPM said, this is going to cost a lot of paper. I see somethings here that I've been talking about recently. The fighting Diggersbyy, the steel Excadrill (which, by the way I think looks awesome, with some darn good attacks too). That Magcargo looks really cool too. Lol at that Bidoof...actually I have to admit it looks decent enough, up to 40 damage if one if its two energies are water typese and it gets double healing and the pic is actually kind of cute. I like Kingrda's half art work, the attacks aren't bad but not the best either. It's going to be an interesting set to figure out what cards I really want from it.

Regarding the return of SR gold trainers though I have to admit I'm a bit dissapointed about that. I mean, at least in my view god Pokemon are so much more impressive and more worthy than gold trainers. Too each their own though I suppose.

What I have been doing for the past 6 hours

-Click Refresh

-Wait

-No new cards yet

-Click Refresh again

-Wait

-No new cards yet

-rinse, repeat

I love the full arts of this set, and I generally think the artworks look amazing on the other cards as well, and finally: Steel type Excadrill! :D

I also thought the ability on Milotic said "Shining Nipple", thank god I misread that ._.

This set looks so good, I'm honestly considering buying a case because of how many Ultra Rare cards we will get. Also just as a reminder to everyone that FA cards in Japan are considered SR but not in the English sets so those FA megas wont be as hard to get a hold of as the gold switch, e. hammer, etc.

Back