XY5 'Gaia Volcano' and 'Tidal Storm' Leaking! [12/10]

Maserati777 said:
bbninjas said:
I believe the only Megas/Primals/EX have been leaked now, so no.

Actually these are just the Japanese ex's, Absol could be featured like Aegislash and Dialga was in Phantom Forces, in Primal Clash, though with so many ex's I doubt it will be and kind of hope it isn't. Also I'd prefer full art Absol in a future set.

Was Dialga and Aegislash never in the Japanese version? I never knew that. Interesting.

bbninjas said:
Maserati777 said:
Actually these are just the Japanese ex's, Absol could be featured like Aegislash and Dialga was in Phantom Forces, in Primal Clash, though with so many ex's I doubt it will be and kind of hope it isn't. Also I'd prefer full art Absol in a future set.

Was Dialga and Aegislash never in the Japanese version? I never knew that. Interesting.

Dialga and Aegislash were in the Hyper Chain Metal Deck (or however the words are organized) for the Japanese TCG set Phantom Gate. The English TCG put those in the Phantom Forces set :)

Mortal_Zachary said:
ShadowMoses05 said:
This set looks so good, I'm honestly considering buying a case because of how many Ultra Rare cards we will get. Also just as a reminder to everyone that FA cards in Japan are considered SR but not in the English sets so those FA megas wont be as hard to get a hold of as the gold switch, e. hammer, etc.

No, the megas will be secret rare like the golden megas.

You say that like you know for sure without looking at the facts. First of all every FA card that Japan got in previous sets has been part of the numbered cards in English, with the exception of the Gold Zekrom/Reshiram and Silver Dialga. Secondly the Japanese sets come out to a total of 140 cards between the Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm and the English Primal Clash set will contain 20 extra cards at 160 total, some of that difference will come from the FAs and the rest will be from promos that Japan got.

I will gladly eat crow if I'm wrong about this.

It kind of annoys me too that they waited this long for full art megas. Poor Blastoise, Venusaur, Charizard X, Charizard Y, Kangaskhan, Lucario, Heracross, Manectric and Gengar...to say nothing about Metagross and the soon to be Diancie.

Of course than we have the secret rare megas, where Blastoise and Venusuar got robbed again, as well as Metagross and the aforementioned soon to be Diancie. Of course, are they even doing the secret rare megas anymore or were Flashfire, Furious Fists and Phantom Forces the only ones who will have those gold bordered secret rares?

Sigh, part of me thinks this is so cool but part of me is almost annoyed about some of this. I mean, like the ancient traits. They look neat but so many have regular and ancient in here, as GadgetJax mentioned. We also know that fairy Azumarill and and Kingdra are like this too.

Oh, and Wonder energy, need it for my fairy deck(s)...and until the start of this year I thought I could only say I needed something for a fairy deck in reference to Yugioh. :)

M Gardevoir Ex seems to be real good if it is indeed 30 for each fairy energy attached to your Pokemon and not just M Gardevoir Ex itself. Camerupt Ex also seems to be real good. With Scorching Earth and Blacksmith it could be the new Rayquaza Ex. Combine it with Pyroar and you should have a decent deck. The Kyogre line is also interesting but Groundon still looks a little slow.

Dark Espeon said:
With Scorching Earth and Blacksmith it could be the new Rayquaza Ex.

I feel like the better analogy would be moreso along the lines of Magnezone Prime, and I think that, for the 2014-15 season, Emboar is a better partner for it.

I love this set so much. It set has everything we've been asking for for so long:
  • Playable Stage 1s and 2s (and a healthy lack of unplayable ones based on the current translations)
  • New, interesting mechanic via Ancient Traits (which, while they're not very varied, are more intricate in effect than, say, Mega Pokemon-EX)
  • (Mostly) Playable, yet non-overpowered EXs
  • Unique, diverse, and playable trainers
  • Fantastic Art
  • Beautiful M-Pokemon-EX Full Arts (as opposed to those rather lazy gold secret rares
  • The return of golden secret-rare trainers (Among my favorite features of the Black-and-White era)

I should mention that many of the above are subjective, so you don't have to agree, but I am absolutely infatuated with this set. It's perfect in almost every way.

The only design decision I disagree with might be giving P-Kyogre- and P-Groudon-EX Spirit Link cards. This makes me a bit concerned for the possibility of them being overpowered, but we absolutely have to see the cards in play before jumping to conclusions.

I'm very excited for this set. TPC has shown us what they are truly capable of.

EDIT: I've noticed that the Eelektross translation is probably a bit mis-worded. The more probable English text would be "As often as you like during your turn (before your attack) you may move a Basic Energy attached to one of your Benched Pokemon to your Active Pokemon."

Green777 said:
Okay Guys tell me what you think about my deck idea ! ( If someone else posted it, I am sorry but I didn't see it from anywhere I thought of it)

New BROKEN deck SWAMPERT (ancient trait) & PRIMAL KYOGRE ! (Keldeo is accepted as well)

1) combine the multyple ancient traits for multyple energy attachements!
2) Diving draw is like the "old pigeot" It GIVES YOU ANY CARD YOU WANT 0.0
3) Rare candy and DIVE BALL (man what a great card!) for easy swampert (like old level ball but better)
4) Archie and Battle compressor combo!
5) Primal Kyogre for ancient trait and Moving energy around!
6) Tool retriever is welcomed
7) New stadium for healing our beasts ! Plus The stadium from furious fists which gives ± 170 hp to swampert
8) In conclusion
-powerful attackers and every pokemon here is an attacker !
-no special conditions (keldeo).
-no retreat cost (keldeo).
-doesn't care if garbodor is on.
-can win in 3 turns.
-can Tidal Storm in 2 Turn (by abusing the ancient trait).
-can abuse Seismitoad's quacking punch to maximum.

p.s. Please lend me a hand in here : http://www.pokebeach.com/forums/thread-english-where-can-i-read-the-b-w-manga
Thanks for reading ! I can't express my feelings ! Seeing my favourite pokemon (swampert & kyogre) combine strengths with the best deck i have ever seen is astonishing !

why not Kingdra/Swampert?

Groudon Kyogre and Gardevoir appear to have potential but they may just end up being too slow when new Kingdra can do the same thing so much faster..

Kingdra for prez..

throw in the usual suspects, rare candies, a lone mewtwo ex, tech whatever find a good opening pokemon. Swampert sounds so much fun!
toolbox for Swampert.

you guys that have mentioned Kingdra are on to something!

nice swampert idea
easy top deck there.

I'm desperately needing to see the Aegislash in the set omg. Can I pray for it to be an Ancient Trait card? ;_;

So happy to see spirit links again. I'll carry one or two with my M Gardevoir.

Dark Espeon said:
M Gardevoir Ex seems to be real good if it is indeed 30 for each fairy energy attached to your Pokemon and not just M Gardevoir Ex itself. Camerupt Ex also seems to be real good. With Scorching Earth and Blacksmith it could be the new Rayquaza Ex. Combine it with Pyroar and you should have a decent deck. The Kyogre line is also interesting but Groundon still looks a little slow.

Even if it is only for those attached to M Gardevoir you are ok, because you are going to carry Aromatisse to move energy, so you can load up and then retreat (Fairy Garden) and pull them away when its in danger of being KOed,

MasterGallade said:
I'm desperately needing to see the Aegislash in the set omg. Can I pray for it to be an Ancient Trait card? ;_;

http://ic.pics.livejournal.com/Google/475028/355024/355024_original.png

Aegislash 140HP
Ability: As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Pokemon have no weakness.

Protect Charge: 80
During your opponent's next turn, and damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying weakness and resistance).

Not sure why WPM hasn't posted it yet. I found it on Collector Viper's website. I think it could be fun with that new Stadium that allows you to use previous evolutions' attacks. You get the benefit of Aegislash's beefy 140HP, while using Doublade's attack for only a DCE. Toss in a Laser and attach a Trick Coin and you've got a pretty nice OHKO most of the time.

totodile_it_down said:
MasterGallade said:

Aegislash 140HP
Ability: As long as this Pokemon is in play, all of your Pokemon have no weakness.

During your opponent's next turn, and damage done to this Pokemon by attacks is reduced by 20 (after applying weakness and resistance).

Not sure why WPM hasn't posted it yet. I found it on Collector Viper's website. I think it could be fun with that new Stadium that allows you to use previous evolutions' attacks. You get the benefit of Aegislash's beefy 140HP, while using Doublade's attack for only a DCE. Toss in a Laser and attach a Trick Coin and you've got a pretty nice OHKO most of the time.

I think it's alright (art is kinda disappointing too, eh) but I guess I was just expecting something better in both moves and artwork lol

Not sure if anyone has posted this yet.

The Gold Trainers are UR rarity. Found a Yahoo auction where you could read the cards.

Can't wait to go to the Pokemon Centre tomorrow such great looking cards.

totodile_it_down said:
MasterGallade said:

Aegislash 140HP

Might as well give it my 2 cents here: It's good. Will it see heavy play? Probably not, since Weakness is going to be a little less of an issue with Weakness Policy around. Although AegislashXY/Bronzong decks could benefit from 1 copy at the minimum, to stop a Lysandre and Scorching Fang for a OHKO.

Lol so hyped for wailord ex XD. Here's my donphan list.

Pokemon
4-4 Donphan
4 Wailord EX
1 Aigslash EX
1 Keldo EX

Items
2 Dive Ball(search deck for water pokemon)
2 Ultra Ball
2 E hammer
1 E rope
1 M Phone
2 Vs seeker
4 Float Stone
2 VS seeker
3 Muscle Band
1 Comp Search

Supporters

4 Sycamore
3 Lysandre
3 N
2 Korrina
2 Pokemon Center Lady( XD i know its bad but im just playin her and it might be good)
1 Colress

Energy
5 Fighting
2 Strong
2 Dce

Now that nearly all has been leaked, I would like to state this.

Though Groudon may seem terrible, just imagine a primal groudon with a weakness policy in a donphan deck. The only way you could OHKO that is either with some major flipz or with a loaded mewtwo or yveltal that you could just rush in retreat back to something to kill, knocking out the opponents energy. Throw some max potions in the deck and you are unstoppable. Not even a G-Booster could OHKO with virbank and laser. The only flaw I see in this, however, is a toad matchup. Since weakness policy is a thing, you couldn't use a yanmega to take it out as they are most likely going to play WP so let me know your thoughts and ideas about a counter for toad.(I also don't see garbodor as much of a threat but I don't generally play donphan decks so idk what that matchup is like)

Back