XY5 'Gaia Volcano' and 'Tidal Storm' Leaking! [12/10]

Pikachu6319 said:
Here's something else to look forward too. Gaia Volcano and Tidal Storm have 140 cards between them. We already know that Primal Clash will have 160 cards. We have at least twenty more cards to look forward to being revealed.

The thing is, there are 12 Full Art Pokemon-EX, 4 Full Art Supporters, and 4 Gold Trainers. There is always the possibility that the last 20 slots are actually the bonus cards

Possibly. It seems to me that full arts replaced the gold secret rares in the case of the mega/primal cards, and we already have precendent from BW on the gold trainer cards in being able to suspect they might be secret rares and don't count as part of the main set. Of course we have the precedent that full arts become part of the main set, so the eight EX's and four full art supporters if nothing else will likely get put into our main set. That means we could still be looking at 12 new cards.

Of course it had occured to me that Aqua/Magma crisis is following in the veins of Shiny Collection. What that meant here was that Radiant Collection got added in as it's own little subset of cards with Legendary Treasures, and they could follow that tactic in Primal Clash, where we get two or three of the crisis cards in each pack too. That way we'd get M. Sharpedo EX and M. Camerupt EX without needing 2 slots from the Primal Clash set. Just a thought.

I just noticed that we seem to have to Bidoof cards but no Bibarel. Am I right or am I missing something?

THE NUMBER OF OOHS AND AHS OVER DAT ART
THEY'RE UNCOUNTABLE

Am I wrong in seeing a good 40% of this set('s fully evolved/EX's/Rares) as playable? I mean I haven't played in years, but unless things have completely changed I'm seeing so many good cards. Basics and Stage 1 are still kind of a stepping stone that won't see play, but so many Stage 2's and basically all of the EX's look like you could do something with them. Out of all of them, Gardevoir EX looks mad fun.

Just noticed a thing and came here to ask about it.

It's about the Maxie and Archie cards. They say you can put a Pokémon from your discard pile into your bench, but it never said it HAD to be a basic one... I think this is a thing, maybe...

Victor Freitas said:

It's about the Maxie and Archie cards. They say you can put a Pokémon from your discard pile into your bench, but it never said it HAD to be a basic one... I think this is a thing, maybe...

There is probably a mistranslation or something that will be put on the English cards. Otherwise you could storm M-Blastoise and P-Kyogre without penalty.

HA559 said:
So what do people here think is the best half art card in this set?

I really like the Bidoof, Whiscash and Eelektrik ones. Excadrill looks good but the background of that one means it is not on part with the other ones in my opinion. I was also hoping for a Lanturn ancient trait card, but we just got a regular version.

nah, its all about that Magcargo and Rhyperior

So as a collector looking at the set there's really only 2 cards I really want, the Gardevoir Full Art and the Mega Kyogre Full Art, the rest are meh. I mean all four Gardevoir cards are cool. But that hot pink on the Mega Kyorge is amazing. I was thinking about getting 1 box from each but I might just get two Tidal Storm boxes.

This is definitely a set where I probably won't collect it, besides not being able to afford it I don't really like the half art cards or a majority of the ex's. I mean Camerupt? Sharpedo? :rolleyes: Maybe they're saving the cooler pokemon like Flygon for a later set? And those regular arts of Camerupt and Sharpedo kind of make me think of when they try to make a 3d version of a 2d picture and it doesn't work.

I might just do what I did for Phantom Forces and buy about a hundred packs(From Primal Clash), maybe a booster box and what I get is what I get. At least until I get a full art Gardevoir from Primal Clash.

bbninjas said:
Victor Freitas said:

There is probably a mistranslation or something that will be put on the English cards. Otherwise you could storm M-Blastoise and P-Kyogre without penalty.

No, the card does not say Basic. It can be any W/F Pokemon.

Calling Magcargo or Rhyperior the best half-art. pffffft. It's obvious that Bidoof reigns supreme. He even says it right on the card, "Embrace me -- embrace the Bidoof -- and all will go well"

Water Pokémon Master said:
bbninjas said:

Uhhhmmm... uwotm8?!
Are you saying that you are going to be able to Archie a M-Kyogre EX onto your Bench, T1?!

thood said:
Water Pokémon Master said:

Uhhhmmm... uwotm8?!
Are you saying that you are going to be able to Archie a M-Kyogre EX onto your Bench, T1?!

I know it is not easy to get your hand down to one card, but it's not so uncommon when I use a Night March deck, for example. If it's true, indeed looks kind of broken, because it's not THAT hard to get it done.

SotS said:
THE NUMBER OF OOHS AND AHS OVER DAT ART
THEY'RE UNCOUNTABLE

Am I wrong in seeing a good 40% of this set('s fully evolved/EX's/Rares) as playable? I mean I haven't played in years, but unless things have completely changed I'm seeing so many good cards. Basics and Stage 1 are still kind of a stepping stone that won't see play, but so many Stage 2's and basically all of the EX's look like you could do something with them. Out of all of them, Gardevoir EX looks mad fun.

I see Primal Groudon (barely), Acro Bike, Teammates, Shield Energy (barely), Ancient Trait Swampert, Ancient Trait Kingdra (barely), Dive Ball, Repeat Ball (maybe), Birch's Observation (kind of), and most of the Stadiums as the only cards likely to be even somewhat competitively viable. A few others, like Ancient Trait Sceptile, M/Gardevoir EX, M/Aggron EX, Archie's Trump Card, Maxie's Hidden Trick, Primal Kyogre, Wonder Energy, Bouffalant, and Fresh Water Set, might make for fun, and not totally bad, side decks, but I don't see them doing a whole lot.

Most of the EX's are actually pretty bad in my opinion. Mega Gardevoir is a lot like Mega Gengar. It seems really good on paper, but is likely a bit too limited in what it can do. The Primals are OK, but nothing special, which is bad for a Mega. Groudon kind of gets away with it due to its Ancient Trait and the ability to one-shot things, but Kyogre's inability to one-shot EX's (admittedly, it somewhat makes up for this with the bench-hitting, but still), combined with other good water attackers like Keldeo EX and the new Swampert existing, makes it hard to see it being viable. But people will try. Sharpedo would be worth considering if Yveltal-EX and Darkrai-EX didn't exist, but they do, and are much better attackers. The energy denial isn't that useful since you need to keep attaching to do so, and it's not optional. Wailord, Trevenant, Camerupt, and, while fun, Mega Aggron, have no real value to any serious deck.

Ahh... I didn't read that circumstance on Maxie/Archie. Still... ultraballing and stuff can be pretty easy... hmmm...

Yeah... I really like the Trainers in this set, but as far as Pokémon go, the way I see it ... (almost) nothing outside of the Ultra Rares are playable. Swampert and maybe Kingdra/Sceptile and then maybe a few other as fun cards? I'm pretty disappointed in that.

This set is awful! So many great cards, possibilities, strategies and beautiful artworks. I won't be able to decide what deck choose to play...

bowlerdude04 said:
Yeah... I really like the Trainers in this set, but as far as Pokémon go, the way I see it ... (almost) nothing outside of the Ultra Rares are playable. Swampert and maybe Kingdra/Sceptile and then maybe a few other as fun cards? I'm pretty disappointed in that.

Since the first EX, this is the set with the most playable non-ultra rare cards. And that's why I love it, it's finally buffing evolution cards. I really don't like bigbasics.

The cards that we are missing are probably located in the battle decks, and possibly M sharpedo, M Camerupt as well. There are alot of intersting cards in the set and alot of the cards could see play.

Back