TCG Fakes XY: Ascending Warriors: My Text-Based TCG Set!

woohoo962 said:
Do Klinklang EX or the Seedot line next, please.

Neither is in the set-list. :/ And given how few time I've had to update this, I really don't feel like doing promos. u.u I'll keep it in mind for a future set, though.

Oh, and BTW, I didn't forgot about this, I just have almost no time on my side. I'll try to update at least a line next week.

Ok, so after I finally got my business done(at least for now. :p), I'll go on and work on the Talonflame I promised Fletch. Expect it anytime today! Maybe as my 1000th post? :D

Finally I made an update!!!!! xD Here it is, Fletch!

Basic/ Fletchling / HP50
TCGWhite

fletchling.gif

NO. 661/Tiny Robin Pokémon/HT: 0.3m/WT: 1.7kg

TCGWhite
Quick Attack 10+

Flip a coin. If heads, this attack does 20 more damage.

Weakness:
TCGLight
x2

Resistance:
TCGRock

Retreat:
TCGWhite

Despite the beauty of its lilting voice, it's merciless to intruders that enter its territory..

80/101
Rarity_Common.png
Stage 1/ Fletchinder // HP70
TCGFire

661.png
Evolves from Fletchling

fletchinder.gif

NO. 662/Ember Pokémon/HT: 0.7m/WTt: 16.0kg

TCGWhite
Big Peck 20

Discard all Pokémon Tool cards attached to each of your opponent's Pokémon.

TCGFire
TCGWhite
TCGWhite
Flame Burst 50

You may discard all
TCGFire
Energy sttached to this Pokémon. If you do, this attack does 20 damage to 2 of your opponent's Benched Pokémon (Do not apply Weakness and Resistance to Benched Pokémon).

Weakness:
TCGLight
x2

Resistance:
TCGRock

Retreat:
TCGWhite

From its beak, it expels embers that set the tall grass on fire. Then it pounces on the bewildered prey that pop out of the grass.

19/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png
Stage 2/ Talonflame /// HP130
TCGFire

662.png
Evolves from Fletchinder

talonflame-2.gif

NO. 663/Scorching Pokémon/HT: 1.2m/WT: 24.5kg

SF-Ability
Tailwind

The attacks of each of your Pokémon that has a
TCGLight
Weakness cost
TCGWhite
less. You can't apply more than 1 Tailwind Ability at a time.

TCGFire
TCGFire
Flaming Twister 80

You may switch this Pokémon with one of your Benched Pokémon. If you do, your opponent switches his or her Active Pokémon with one of his or her Benched Pokémon and your opponent's new Active Pokémon is now Burned.

Weakness:
TCGLight
x2

Resistance:
TCGRock

Retreat:

In the fever of an exciting battle, it showers embers from the gaps between its feathers and takes to the air.

20/101
Rarity_Rare_Holo.png

I wanted to use Tailwind as "your Pokémon that has a
TCGRock
Resistance", but thrn I saw that it would include Ghosts, and that now only Flying-types are weak to Lightning, so I went with that instead. :D

You forgot the "(Do not apply weakness and resistance for benched Pokemon)" part for Fletchinder.

Tailwind should probably read "Each of your Pokemon that have a [L] weakness pay [C] to attack. You can't apply more than 1 Tailwind Ability at a time."

And do note that [L] weakness DOES include some [W] Pokemon, such as Empoleon DEX and Samurott BLW. But as you noted, the trend in XY so far has been exclusively [G] weak water types, so it's not too concerning.

And I believe the last clause in Flaming Twister's effect should be joined to the previous one with and ", and" to prevent confusion (Should it Burn your opponent's active Pokemon even if you do not choose to switch?).

Besides that, these are some pretty creative fakes! Good job.

Auride said:
You forgot the "(Do not apply weakness and resistance for benched Pokemon)" part for Fletchinder.
Oh, right. Adding that. xD
Auride said:
Tailwind should probably read "Each of your Pokemon that have a [L] weakness pay [C] to attack. You can't apply more than 1 Tailwind Ability at a time."
I took that text from Dimensional Valley's preliminary translation. I'd change it if I need to when the card is revealed in English.
Auride said:
And do note that [L] weakness DOES include some [W] Pokemon, such as Empoleon DEX and Samurott BLW. But as you noted, the trend in XY so far has been exclusively [G] weak water types, so it's not too concerning.
Yeah, since this is supposed to be a XY Set, I placed it like that.
Auride said:
And I believe the last clause in Flaming Twister's effect should be joined to the previous one with and ", and" to prevent confusion (Should it Burn your opponent's active Pokemon even if you do not choose to switch?).
I guess you're right, I'll add that as well.
Auride said:
Besides that, these are some pretty creative fakes! Good job.
Thanks! I'll hopefully make a couple Trainers next time, to see how that's done. :D

Edit: It should be good now. ;)

And I made some Items! Hope you like them! :D Suggestions on what to do next are welcome. ;)

TRAINER / Item
Slowpoke Tail

Bag_SlowpokeTail_Sprite.png

Discard up to 3 cards from your hand. Then, draw the same amount of cards you discarded in this way.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

92/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png
TRAINER / Item
Gorgeous Box

MDBag_Box_2_Sprite.png

Your opponent chooses a random card from your deck. Put that card in your hand.

You may play as many Item cards as you like during your turn (before your attack).

92/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png
TRAINER / Item
Choice Scarf

Dream_Choice_Scarf_Sprite.png

Pokémon Tool: Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon tool attached to it.

Each of the attacks of the Pokémon this card is attached to cost
TCGWhite
less. Discard this card at the end of the turn you played it.

83/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png

How would gorgeous box work? Would you spread out your deck face down and let them pick a card?

Besides that, these look pretty interesting! I suggested choice scarf knowing that there wasn't really an equivalent to speed in the TCG, but you've come up with something that makes a lot of sense. Good work.

Auride said:
How would gorgeous box work? Would you spread out your deck face down and let them pick a card?

Besides that, these look pretty interesting! I suggested choice scarf knowing that there wasn't really an equivalent to speed in the TCG, but you've come up with something that makes a lot of sense. Good work.

Thanks, Auride, comments are always appreciated! :D And yeah, the opponent simply grabs a card, like you would in a magic trick. I got the inspiration from the Rival card, from the DPPt Era.

Gorgeus box should probably say, "Your opponent searches your deck for a card and puts it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward."

GadgetJax said:
Gorgeus box should probably say, "Your opponent searches your deck for a card and puts it in your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward."

No, I think you misunderstood: My card makes the opponent choose a card RANDOMLY from the deck and gives it to you. That requires no shuffling or the like, you opponent just takes a card out of your deck face down and that's it. If your opponent looks through your deck for a card not only it gives you opponent to know every aspect of you deck, but it requires shuffling the deck afterward. The first case is the one that's meant for my card. :)

And a couple more Items! Also updated Choice Scarf up there with DW Artwork.

TRAINER / Item
Light Clay

Dream_Light_Clay_Sprite.png

Pokémon Tool: Attach a Pokémon Tool to 1 of your Pokémon that doesn't already have a Pokémon tool attached to it.

Any damage done to the Pokémon this card is attached to by an opponent's attack is reduced by 10 for each Prize card left (both yours and your opponent's) (after applying Weakness and Resistance). Discard this card at the end of your next turn.

87/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png
TRAINER / Item
Shiny Charm

Key_Shiny_Charm_Sprite.png

Flip 3 coins. For each heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't play this card if another card with the same name is in your discard pile.

89/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png
TRAINER / Item
Rage Candy Bar

Dream_Rage_Candy_Bar_Sprite.png

Discard a card from your hand (If you can't discard a card, you can't play this card). Heal 50 damage from your Active Pokémon.

90/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png

Luispipe8 said:
And a couple more Items! Also updated Choice Scarf up there with DW Artwork.

TRAINER / Item
Light Clay

Dream_Light_Clay_Sprite.png

Any damage done to the Pokémon this card is attached to by an opponent's attack is reduced by 10 for each Prize card left (both yours and your opponent's) (after applying Weakness and Resistance). Discard this card at the end of your next turn.

87/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png
TRAINER / Item
Shiny Charm

Seach your deck for a Pokémon with a
Rarity_Rare.png
Rarity or higher and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward.

89/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png
TRAINER / Item
Rage Candy Bar

Dream_Rage_Candy_Bar_Sprite.png

Discard a card from your hand (If you can't discard a card, you can't play this card). Heal 50 damage from your Active Pokémon.

90/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png

It's not game breaking, but I think that Shiny Charm is a bit overpowered. Do you know how many decks use exclusively Rare Cards? A lot. Pretty much every Team Plasma Deck, any EX, any Holo, etc. The card should at least have a side effect to prevent it from being too powerful, say, "Seach your deck for a Pokémon with a
Rarity_Rare.png
Rarity or higher, shuffle your deck, then put that Pokémon on the top of your deck." Otherwise, no complaints! Everything looks good!

Hm, didn't actually thought it. I mean, it can be abused, but not to that extent. Only decks with EX's can abuse it. I think discarding 2 cards would make it a worse Ultra Ball, and with a coin it's a worse Poké Ball... But I think I'll go a-la Dual Ball with a little twist...

TRAINER / Item
Shiny Charm

Flip 2 coins. For each heads, put a Pokémon with a
Rarity_Rare.png
Rarity or higher from your discard pile into your hand.

89/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png

How about that?

Luispipe8 said:
Hm, didn't actually thought it. I mean, it can be abused, but not to that extent. Only decks with EX's can abuse it. I think discarding 2 cards would make it a worse Ultra Ball, and with a coin it's a worse Poké Ball... But I think I'll go a-la Dual Ball with a little twist...

TRAINER / Item
Shiny Charm

Flip 2 coins. For each heads, put a Pokémon with a
Rarity_Rare.png
Rarity or higher from your discard pile into your hand.

89/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png

How about that?

Maybe it's just me thinking too rash about playable fake cards... it honestly works either way, if you want to stick to the original, that's fine. It's just that, you see, Ultra Ball could search for anything, but required a discard. This card may be situational in most decks, such as Empoleon/Miltank/Dusknoir, but in others, like Yveltal/Darkrai/Garbodor, it's completely broken, as there is no disadvantage to using it. Use the original text. Flipping coins might make it more random, but then it would be nothing more than a worse Dual Ball...

You're telling a CaC Judge to leave an OP card in his set...? Go to ...!
haha, just kidding, I'm actually grateful that you pointed that out. I'd rather see how else would that work to make it unique than leaving it over-powered. Any suggestions?

Ok, no update, but I think I finally came up with a nice wording for Shiny Charm. Thoughts?

TRAINER / Item
Shiny Charm

Flip 3 coins. For each heads, search your deck for a Pokémon and put it into your hand. Shuffle your deck afterward. You can't play this card if another card with the same name is in your discard pile.

89/101
Rarity_Uncommon.png

It's basically a combination of Luxury Ball and Dual Ball, which is actually pretty neat. As interesting as the idea of using rarities, it's simply either too abusable or too useless to work out (makes sense why it's never been used in any cards before). This is a good compromise.

Auride said:
It's basically a combination of Luxury Ball and Dual Ball, which is actually pretty neat. As interesting as the idea of using rarities, it's simply either too abusable or too useless to work out (makes sense why it's never been used in any cards before). This is a good compromise.

Thanks! :D I hope I can get some more Pokémon done before I move on with the rest of the Trainers. Any request of which I should do next?

I think you should either go ahead and do the Time-Space Trio (Dialga, Palkia, and Giratina), or leave those for later and get started on the fairy Pokémon.

Back