DPPt/HGSS Xdogking's HeartGold Nuzlocke Adventure. IT'S ALL OVER

Which 3 of these Pokemon should I use? (more details below)

• Pidgey

Votes: 9 42.9%
  • Rattata

Votes: 5 23.8%
  • Sandshrew

Votes: 14 66.7%
  • Zubat

Votes: 11 52.4%
  • Togepi

Votes: 14 66.7%

• Total voters

Xdog

Pokemon X(dog) and Y
It's an adventure.

I know what you're thinking - "Why would you ever start another Nuzlocke thread?" My answers are because I want to do one, having people read it will motivate me to finish it, and everyone else has cool ones. I suggest you check them out (6-D's, DV's, and LJ's)

Anyways, I picked Heartgold because my last run was going nowhere and I hated Bayleaf. I've attempted Nuzlocke runs in every 3rd gen game but I've failed every time. Let's hope I can make it through this one.

RULES
-Any Pokémon that faints is considered dead, and must be released.
-You can only catch the first Pokemon you encounter in an area.
-All Pokemon must be nicknamed.

Those are the basic Nuzlocke rules. Whenever I do a run I errata the 2nd rule so that at the beginning of the game, when you have no Pokeballs, you can go back to the areas you go through with no Pokeballs and catch something. So let's begin!

DAY 1
Alright, so I spent like 15 minutes trying to figure out how to reset Heartgold. Turns out you have to press Up + Select + R. I think. Anyways, I start playing and Professor Oak begs me to tell him my gender ("Won't you please tell me?") and after his game of 20 questions I start playing. Kind of. It's boring in the beginning and most of it is controlled for you. Anyways, I get to the lab and pick Chikorita. LOL JK I got Cyndaquil I'm trying to win. I opened up google translate and named him Igneus. After getting Igneus, I left the lab and made the excruciatingly long trek to Mr. Pokemon's house. I get my Pokedex after a lot of talking, make an even longer trip back, and eventually get my Pokeballs from Lyra. Now the good part is starting.

I walk onto Route 29 and my first encounter is a Pidgey. I used Pidgey in my last run and it sucked, but I caught this one anyways and named her Ventulus. After getting my TinyBird Pokemon I continue to Route 46, where I manage to kill a Spearow because I wasn't paying attention. Yep. Long story short, I then got Caterpie from Route 30, Nosferatu the Zubat from Dark Cave, and JOEY the Rattata from Route 32. I forgot to name Caterpie, whoops. I head to the Ruins of Alph for whatever reason and I eventually find an Unown. What you are about to read is one of my biggest Nuzlocke misplays ever. I find an Unown H and decide to figure out what Hidden Power it has before catching it. What was I thinking?? Anyways, it's neutral against Igneus, Caterpie, and Nosferatu. Sadly, it was a crit against Nosferatu and he fainted. Grrr. Anyways I catch it and name it Dark? because that's what I assumed it's HP type was.It could have been dark, dragon, or ghost. I went out and engaged in battle with a Rattata. Guess what? It wasn't dark, it was ghost. It did nothing so I switched to Caterpie and the Rattata got a crit against it and OHKO'd it. I now have angst for Dark? and I stopped before I grind for the first gym.
DAY 2
Alright so starting day 2, I spent a long time grinding before I remembered to do Sprout Tower. The Pokemon I could catch was a level 3 Rattata so I just killed it. After beating countless sages and their level 3 Bellsprout, I was done and did a little more grinding. The result of that was Igneus evolving!
156.gif

After Igneus evolved, I went to the gym. I pwned n00bs and took names, long story short. I beat Falkner the Hacker in 6 turns with JOEY and Igneus. His hacked Pidgeotto was no match for my legit Quilava. Igneus 4HKO'd Pdigeotto with Ember, it really wasn't that interesting. Sorry guys.

After that I continued on through the upcoming routes. I got Amor the Sandshrew in Union Cave, hatched Yolko the Togepi in Azalea Town, got Vampyre the Zubat in Ilex Forest, and, most importantly, Bropoke the Slowpoke in Slowpoke well! That was awesome, considering how rare they are.  BROPOKES B4 ....Slowpokes, that's all I can think about when I see his name anymore xD. Anyways, I'm grinding before Slowpoke Well and the Azalea Gym right now.
DAY 3
First off, the people have spoken. Amor, Vampyre, and Yolko won the poll so they will be the new members of my team, along with Igneus, Bropoke, and Dark?. I taught Amor the Rock Tomb TM and now she'll be better for Team Rocket and the next gym. I go through Slowpoke Well, wreaking havoc through the ranks of Team Rocket and eventually Proton. Oh Proton, there are so many things wrong with you. First off, your name is Proton. What  were your parents thinking? You're also an executive of an international crime syndicate and your Pokemon's levels are about par with the grunts? Wow, don't quit your day job.

Anyways, he was easy so I move onto the gym. The trainers are all easy. I'm nervous for Bugsy because his Scyther kills me every time. I lead with Amor to use Rock Tomb on Scyther, who uses Focus Energy. More nervousness. I switch in Igneus and he uses Quick Attack and it does about a third. Next turn he uses Quick Attack again and I use Ember. And get a crit. and finish him off. That was not as hard as I was expecting. Metapod and Kakuna were easy training fodder, nothing entertaining. I get my badge from Gender Confused Bugsy and leave. 

I heal and go back to Ilex Forest. But the music changes and my character notices, looking around for the source of the music. It's 3470219! Yeah, I didn't feel like giving him a name. I forgot about this battle and I have Amor up front while he leads with Gastly. I switch to Yolko, who gets cursed. Dang. I use Extrasensory and OHKO it though, so jokes on him. Then he prepares to release Croconaw and I have a mini-aneurism. What the fudge am I going to do? 

I send out my biggest bro, Bropoke. Croconaw uses Scary Face because he's stupid like that and I use Yawn. He Scary Faces again and I use Curse. I use Curse 2 more times and then switch to Yawn so I can put him back to sleep as soon as he wakes up. He wakes up, Bites, and does about 25% of my health. I heal and he falls asleep. Cue 3 more Curses and then Yawn. His next Bite does less than 15%, so that was nice. So with my +6 attack, I use Tackle and my Best Bro Bropoke does about a third of his health. We'll have to work on that. I kill it soon and then he sends out Zubat, who fails to my higher level Vampyre.

My rival rambles on while I don't pay attention. Whoops. After that, I round up Far and Fetch'd and get Cut. I teach it to Amor and onward we go through the forest, teaching Yolko, Amor, Igneus, and Bropoke Headbutt from the weird man who charges at trees. Yeah...

Oh, and Dark? did nothing this session. What a troll.

I'm gonna start a new thing, with an MVP every day. The choice will be based on who had the best moment, biggest breakthrough, etc. It could be for anything. So without further ado, today's MVP is...

Bropoke

My Best Bro managed to beat Croconaw on his own  even with a weakness to bite, and it was super epic. Aw yeah.
DAY 4
Today started on Route 34, where I caught a Drowzee and named it Narcotic. I take Dark? off my team because, honestly, it has not done anything. And Drowzee's a good replacement troll, judging by it's Pokedex entry -

"If you think that you had a good dream, but you can't remember it, a Drowzee has probably eaten it."

He's a good new team troll, but don't worry - Dark? is still trolling away. I put him in the Daycare Center and told them that Unown reproduce asexually, so he'll be his trollish self for a long time. Enough troll talk, let's continue with the action.

I arrive in Celedon Goldenrod City and I have lots to explore. I go stock up on some healing items and go North. My Route 35 Pokemon was also Drowzee so I just killed it, and National Park was Metapod. But National Park has a surprise for me that's worth a lot more than a Metapod - a Soothe Bell! Before I start grinding I give it to Yolko and soon enough...

176.gif

Yes, it's finally useful! I take the Soothe Bell back and give it to Zubat so as soon as it evolves it can evolve again. I keep grinding. And then I develop a gambling addiction. Voltorb Flip actually takes skill, I'm so glad that replaced the slot machines. I go underground and beat those hipsters with their Voltorbs and Magnemites, and I'm ready to go to the gym.

The gym trainers are easy, but I always manage to screw up the puzzle. After running into way too many walls I'm at Whitney. If you don't know, her Miltank is one of the scariest gym Pokemon ever. It can attract all of your male Pokemon (2/3 of my team), Use Rollout and eventually OHKO everything, hax you to death with Stomp, and heal its already bulky self with Milk Drink.

I fight Clefairy with Zubat for experience, it only takes a few turns in which Clefairy used Hi Jump Kick and Snore with Metronome. Lol. And then Miltank comes out. I send out Amor, my strategy was going to be use Dig to stop Rollout chains and Amor is a girl so it won't get affected by Attract. Yeah, that didn't work. Stomp, a little over a third of my health and flinch. Stomp, a little over a third of my health and flinch. I'm almost dead so I switch to Narcotic. I Hypnosis twice while it uses Rollout to break the Lum Berry and switch to Yolko. I use Charm once before it wakes up and Attracts me. It uses Stomp a few times and it takes 4 turns for me to use Yawn between FlinchHax and AttractHax. It wakes up soon and I know it will kill Yolko with all the Attract Hax, so I know what I have to do.

I sacrifice Amor.

I sadly watch as those last 10 hit points drain away from Stomp. Amor. The winner of the poll, the fan favorite, the most adorable backsprite ever. I have to avenge him. I switch in Yolko again, heal, Yawn, and use Charm twice. It's almost dead and Miltank could wake up any time, so I switch in Narcotic, ready for it to die. I use a Super Potion on Yolko and Miltank wakes up and uses Stomp, my 15 HP are going down.....not. It does 4 damage, I forgot about the Charms! I use Hypnosis and them spam Confusion, I keep doing that until the demon cow is dead.

I beat Whitney, but I lost Amor. I was expecting Yolko and Narcotic to fall too, but they pulled through.

Oh yeah, MVP.

MVP: Yolko

Yolko changed from a level 14 Togepi to an amazing Togetic who I could not have won the gym without. It took Miltank down, with some help from Narcotic. They also avenged Amor, so I think Yolko deserves it.
DAY 5
After beating Whitney, I went and fought Sudowoodo. I caught it and named it Pseudowood. Get it? False wood, Sudowoodo.....okay I thought I discovered something but then realized that's where Sudowood's name comes from, whatever. I beat a few double battles and then I arrive in Ecruteak City. I go to that theater and beat the obviously comic relief Rocket Grunt and get.... HM 03 SURF!! Aw yeah.

I move on to the Burned Tower, where I see Morty and Eusine obsessing over the Legendary Dogs. My Pokemon was Rattata so I killed it, and I have another unexpected run in with 3470219. I don't want to fight him, but whatever. I lead with Vampyre to his Gastly, I use Bite and it uses Curse to kill itself, no big deal. He sends in Magnemite so I bring in Quilava and use Flame Wheel for the OHKO. Next is Croconaw. I still don't have anyone with a super effective attack. I send Yolko in to Yawn it while it uses Ice Fang for a little under one half. I use Charm, heal, and then start spamming Headbutt and Extrasensory. It eventually dies and he sends out Zubat, who is still bad as always. I go downstairs after another one of his rants and I RELEASE THE HOUNDS. But before I leave, Vampyre evolves into Golbat. Yayy.

042.gif

I proceed on to Route 38 and get a Magnemite and name it Magneto. He's cool but I'm not putting him on my team unless someone die. I do a little bit of training on this route and guess what? Vampyre evolves again! Yessss!

169.gif

Crobat's really good so I hope he stays for a while. After he evolves I go back to Ecruteak. Why is that so hard to spell? I hate this puzzle, but I go beat the old women with their ghost Pokemon, I had one close encounter where a Haunter used Sucker Punch on Narcotic and left it with 4 HP left. I get to Morty and, honestly, he's really easy. Falkner had his underleveled Pidgeotto, Bugsy had his annoying U-Turn Scyther, Whitney had her demonic cow, but Morty has nothing. Just some weak ghost Pokemon. I beat Ghastly and one Haunter with a OHKO Bite from Crobat, and then he sends out Gengar. I send in Yolko, who cannot get hurt by ghost and gets a super effective Extrasensory. I use that twice and he's gone, and then Haunter dies the same way. With Morty out of the way, I'm halfway through my gym challenge! Yesh! On to MVP. You probably know who it's going to be, but the MVP of Day 5 is

Vampyre

He went from a weak Zubat to the fantastically strong Crobat and beat half the gym for me. He's really amazing, it's like when you get a level 16 Alakazam in a game and it destroys EVERYTHING.

Just a note: I may not be updating everyday from now on, but I'll try to keep it as regular as I can.
DAY 6
After owning Morty, I go back to Route 38 towards Olivine City. Route 39 I go to the ranch and give that cow all of my Oran Berries. I've never known how many berries you need to feed it or what actually happens when you give it enough, hmm. My Pokemon for this route is Rattata (of course) so I just kill it. Once I get to Olivine City, my rival rants at me but no battle this time! Lucky me! I go get a Good Rod and decide to make a team change. I have 3 Pokemon who's main attacking move is psychic type and have sleep-educing attacks - Yolko, Narcotic, and Bropoke. Yolko is amazing, Bropoke is my best bro and I'm looking for someone to evolve him, but Narcotic is kind of redundant. I decide to put him in the PC and take Magneto out. I need someone who can take down water types and Magneton will be really good.

After my team alteration, I go to the Lighthouse. I fight all of the trainers, there were a few close calls but I got to the top fatality-free. Jasmine sends me on an errand to grab the medicine for her Ampharos. I'd better get paid for this.

I catch a Krabby by fishing on Route 41 and name it Krusty. I was originally gonna trade it for Voltorb back in Olivine, but I decided against it. Magneto is so much better. Anyways, to the PC it goes. I train Magneto up to my team's level by fighting the Swimmers on the way to Ciannwood. I catch a Tentacool on Route 42 and name it im cool. After that really long water route with a very high encounter rate, I get to Ciannwood. I really need some repels. I go get Jasmine's medicine from the creeper who works in the Pharmacy. I go north and then

OMGZ GUYS I FOUND LE SUICUNE!!!!

Suicune ran away and of course, Eusine was a few seconds too late. For a few seconds he had this face, but then he had this face. He had to exert his rage somehow, so he battled me. His Drowzee haxed me to death with Hypnosis but eventually Magneto killed him. He sends out Electrode and I switch to Pseudowood. That thing is much higher level than I thought :O. I use Rock Throw, it does next to nothing and it misses Screech. I decide to use Mimic and I copy Screech! Yesh! It uses Thunder and does about 3/4 damage and I use Screech. I switch to Magneto to take some hits while I heal Pseudowood. It uses Sonicboom and Thunder and leaves me with 2 HP! I switch back to Pseudowood and it uses Screech again. Does it even know any physical moves? It misses Thunder and I do Rock Throw for about half. It uses Thunder again, almost kills me, and I use Rock Throw for the knockout. He brings in Haunter who I kill with Yolko the same way I've killed every ghost so far. Sigh.

I surf back across the ocean and give the medicine to Ampharos. He gets better, I leave and get a call I have to answer. It's Baboa and he says the Safari Zone is open, so I have to surf across that stupid ocean again. He could of called me when I was down there. I get some repels and go back down. I go into there, beat a hiker, and catch a Kingler in Cliff Cave and name it Roy. The next moment is.....terrible. Absolutely terrible.

I don't know how many of you remember this, but there is an Ace Trainer pair. I forgot about them and I've never Nuzlocke'd against them. They have a level 25 Magmar and Electabuzz. They know Flamethrower and Thunderbolt. I lead with Bropoke and Pseudowood. I use Rock Throw on Magmar and switch to Igneus. Of course Magmar used Protect, Electabuzz used Thunderbolt on Igneus and did about 75%. I can't let Igneus die, so I switch to Magneto. Rock Throw misses and they team up Thunderbolt and Flamethrower on Magneto and he dies. Nooooooo! He was already amazing! Why?!?!?! I need revenge. I switch in Vampyre. Crazy huh? I have to rely on karma so I use Rock Throw and Confuse Ray. Rock Throw is protected and Electabuzz hurts itself. I use Bite on Electabuzz who uses Thunder Wave on Vampyre and finally Pseudowood's Rock Throw hurts Magmar. I use Rock Throw again and almost kill Magmar, and Magmar and Electabuzz team up on Vampyre with Confuse Ray and Thunderbolt. Vampyre has 17 HP and is confused and paralyzed, so out of Bropoke, Yolko, and half HP Igneus, Yolko can take a Thunderbolt the best. Wrong. OHKO. No, Yolko... You beat so many difficult Pokemon, I raised you from an egg. You were amazing. I need revenge. I bring in Vampyre and Magmar is dead. I use a Max Potion on Crobat so he could absorb a Thunderbolt and use Rock Throw to kill Electabuzz. But it barely matters. I have 2 gaping holes in my party. I'll put Narcotic back on my team and probably Roy too. I know it's not tomorrow but I'll be too upset to remember this later. Oh, MVP.

MVP(s): Yolko and Magneto

Yolko was amazing through the entire thing and Magneto was amazing for the day I had him, but they both died together. They helped me win, but they're gone and they were amazing additions to my team. To everyone Nuzlocking HG or SS - Beware of double battle Ace Trainers, they will ruin your life.
DAY 7
After their casualties yesterday, I put Yolko and Magneto into my "DEAD" box in the PC. That seems wrong, so I rename it to "Heaven". That's better. I take Narcotic and the Kingler I caught named Roy and put them on my team. I continue on towards the Safari Zone, I catch a Gloom named Roseanne. I'm at the Safari Zone now.

Balboa tells me he needs a Geodude so I say "lolnope" and go in anyways, I miss out on a Geodude, Murkrow, Stantler, and Machop, but I catch a Quagsire named DERP and a Magnemite named Animus. I put Animus on my team as the spiritual successor to Magneto instead of Roy, as Roy didn't do anything. Before I start to grind, my friend came over. And.....

199.gif

Slowking!! Bropoke has been good but recently he's fallen in usefulness seeing as everything is getting stronger, except for him. But now he's back in buisiness.I grind on Route 48, it has a lot of things that give good experience. The scariest moment was when a Farfetch'd used Swords Dance and got a crit on Slash and still didn't kill Vampyre. Lol. I couldn't train Animus because of the off chance there would be an arena trap Diglett that could easily own him. Right before I go to fight Chuck...

097.gif

Narcotic evolved into Hypno and learned Psybeam! That's gonna be a huge help in the gym. I go back to Cianwood and get ready to fight the gym. I beat up all of the trainers with Bropoke, Narcotic, and Vampyre. For Chuck, I lead with Narcotic to his Primeape. I use Psybeam, do about half, and he uses Double Team. I just use Psybeam again for the knockout. Lol. For Poliwrath, I bring in Bropoke. It uses Surf for whatever reason and I use Yawn. I switch to Vampyre while it uses Surf again, doing about a third. I just spam Wing Attack until it dies. Chuck gives me TM Focus Punch and then his wife gives me Fly.

I FLY back to Olivine and prepare to fight Jasmine. I know I'm a bit underleveled, but I don't want to grind and she's pretty easy. I lead with Igneus, who 2HKOs Magnemite with Flame Wheel. Igneus did take a lot of damage from Thunderbolt though. I switch to Bropoke for Steelix. It spams Iron Tail and I spam Surf, eventually Bropoke is victorious. The next Magnemite gave me the most trouble. I decide to go for Pseudowood and start using Low Kick. It uses Supersonic and Thunder Wave, so I don't get a Low Kick in. It uses Thunderbolt, I have about 4 HP left and I prepare for the worst...but I snap out of confusion. However, I'm still fully paralyzed. Grrr. I switch to Narcotic, use Hypnosis, heal Igneus and bring him out. I just made a repeat of the first Magnemite.

So that's it for Day 7, the end of the first week. My MVP for today is someone who, well, they're my best bro.

MVP: Bropoke.

He's back to his original glory, after evolving and kicking tail in both gyms. It really couldn't be anyone except for him.

UPDATE: I just called the Day-Care Lady and Dark? the Omega Troll is now Level 31.
DAY 8
I start Day 8 by flying off to Ecruteak. I go east until I find a small pond, which I surf across. I battle a few trainers and reach Mahogany. This place is awesome. It's a hiding place for ninjas. NINJAS. It's also full of suspension, so I don't trust anyone there. Not the guy who doesn't let me go on, not Nurse Joy.... oh, but that house with the sign that says "Nothing suspicious here," and has the off color tree with the antenna... that's legit.

I head up to the lake, skipping the toll booth and battling a few more under leveled trainers.I get to the lake and everyone's like "Oh, that Gyarados is a mutant!". Okay no one said that, but whatever. I go cautiously battle the red Gyarados and catch it. I name it Roja, the feminine form of the word red in Spanish. I'm terrible at coming up with good names for the red Gyarados, I'm sorry :O. Lance comes and tells me to go help him at the not-suspicious souvenir shop, I wonder why. I put Roja on my team over Narcotic. Roja is too good not to use and Narcotic isn't as good as Bropoke.

I heal up and it turns out there's a Rocket hideout under there. Weird, I know. Before I go there I fly to Mr. Pokemon's house and trade the Red Scale I got for an Exp. Share. I give it to Animus and I go into the hideout ready to kick some tail. I battle everyone, mostly with Pseudowood, until I eventually get to Petrel. I had no idea what to expect, but he was just as easy as Proton was back in Day 3. Grunt Pokemon at a slightly higher level. I beat him and then I have to stalk his Murkrow to the room with the Electrodes. And then...

BOSS RUSH!

Ariana comes in with a grunt and she was like "LOL 2 AGAINST 1." I could take them, but Lance busts in like the Kool-Aid man and makes it a Multi-Battle. I lead with Bropoke, but it really doesn't matter. Lance can kill anything in one hit with his hacked Dragonite. Not that I'm complaining. I use Pseudowood to beat all of the Electrodes, which were making me nervous for some reason.

After beating them, I need to grind before Pryce. I take Animus up to the Lake of Rage and beat the trainers. One of them said, "The Gyarados was red! It was red with raggggeeee!" For that, I have prepared a picture.
rage.jpg

Yep, artist right here. I keep grinding on the regular Gyarados in the lake until....

082.gif

Yay, I love Magneton! It's really good, I'm not sure if I'll trade it to someone to evolve it into Magnezone. The other thing I found at that lake were the Choice Specs! I'm gonna use those a lot, especially in boss fights. They'll come in handy. I go back to Route 48 to grind there. My biggest complaint about HGSS is the level creep in trainers without a level creep in the Routes. I get everyone a few levels up, and I take a break. Pryce and more Rocket shenanigans will come next time! Today's MVP is....

Pseudowood

Before today, he never really did anything. But today, he's finally getting noticed and he beat pretty much all of Team Rocket.
DAY 9
Day 9. I start off with the need to get the 7th badge, so I go to Pryce's gym. I honestly don't remember this gym or puzzle at all, luckily its nowhere near as frustrating as Candice's is with the snowballs and whatnot. Anyways, the trainers are all pretty easy and I make it to Pryce. I lead with Animus who is wearing the Choice Specs to make up for it's pitiful STAB in Thundershock. How does it wear those anyways? I almost one shot Seel as it uses Ice Shard to do next to nothing. I repeat with Thundershock and he switches to Piloswine.

rage_face_RE_Finite_Picdump_1-s442x418-175726-580.jpg

After my small rage spasm, I switch to Bropoke who takes a Mud Bomb like a pro. 2 Surfs later Piloswine is dead. I presume to sweep Seel and Dewgong with Animus and he gives me TM Hail. So useful :3. 

I get a call from Elm that I can't ignore. Darn, I haven't picked up his calls in a ling time. He orders me to go beat Rocket at the Radio Tower. I fly there and go to the tower, ready to win. 

Little did I know, the doorman told me I wasn't on the list. And I can't afford the cover charge. Looks like I'll need to go steal a costume to get in, that'll fool them. I go underground and put on the Rocket costume.

Seriously, what could be more awesome than doing whatever you want in Goldenrod while masquerading as a Rocket Grunt? I went to feed my gambling addiction and went back to the Radio Tower. Just as I'm about to slip in, my Rival comes and rants at me and strips me back to my boring self. Honestly the first part of this was easy and boring and that's not what you want to read. The first hard trainer has a Porygon. Not too bad, right? Wrong. It knows Charge Beam, Recover, and Conversion 2. So it's an amazing tank who forces you to switch often and gradually gets stronger. It was a ling battle, but no one died. After healing, I go upstairs and find the Director!

Then he takes off his clothes and reveals his Rocket robes! It's Petrel! He would be an amazing Spy, he can disguise himself perfectly. I lead with Crobat, who takes care of a Koffing. He brings out Weezing and I bring out Bropoke, ready to Confusion him. I use Confusion and do about half as he uses Smokescreen. I miss 2 times   And he spams Smokescreen, so I switch to Animus. He EXPLODES. Oh no, oh no.... I LIVED. I have 7 HP left so I switch back to Bropoke and sweep 4 more Koffings while being nervous about Explosions.

And that is where I end for the day. Oh ho ho, next episode - Part II of the Rocket Saga.
DAY 10
The Rocket Saga - Parte Dos

Day 10. I made it to double digits. If you can remember/scroll up a little, I just owned Petrel and his bomb squad. He makes me go underground to rescue the real Director. Fine..

I go down there and beat a bunch of grunts. They weren't very hard, commentating them would make me sound like a golf announcer. Grotesque, I know. I continue through the maze of Rocket n00bs until I find the director and take his key. Yep.

I go back to the building, climb more stairs until I reach Proton. Lol Proton, I remember Day 3. What I don't remember is this battle. I won and no one died, he was easy. After winning, I heal and process to part 3 of the boss rush, Ariana. She doesnt like to fight fair, I remember. I lead with Pseudowood to her Arbok. Bah, I should have known. I switch to Bropoke and Arbok glares me. Lol failboat. I use Confusion a few times for the KO. She sends in Vileplume and Murkrow to my Igneus and Animus, so it wasnt very exciting. After beating her, I ride THE ELEVATOR OF TRUTH.

Doo doo doo, this is elevator music.

I reach the final stage of the boss rush - Archer. Its so anticlimactic, some random new character. Whatever. I lead Pseudowood, who OHKOs his Houndour with a crit Rock Throw. I stay in for Houndoom. He uses Faint Attack twice to get me to the red, but I do the same to him. I switch to Roja to avoid death, who takes 2 Faint Attacks and KOs Houndoom with Dragon Rage. I bring in Vampyre to make quick work of Koffing.

Now Team Rocket is disbanded. Archer, you fail worse than Proton. The Director comes up and gives me a Rainbow Wing. He talks about Ho-Oh and how I need another wing to go get it. Yeah.

MVP; Pseudowood
He learned Rock Slide I guess. Those bosses were easy.

Next time, read a thrilling tale of how I fing Ho-Oh. Maybe, I haven't actually played through it yet.
DAY 11
AWWW YEAHHHHH. Day 11.

It feels like it was only yesterday I started this. I still have a ways to go.

Alright, so I haven't been playing too much. I went to Ice Cave and got a Swinub and named it Swin00b. I really want to use him, so I'll be rotating my team. Swin00b is Canadian <3

I go through Ice Cave. Lord how I hate these Ice Puzzles. I find HM Waterfall and give it to Roja, she really needed it. As I'm going through, I realize I need Strength. LOL ROJA. After a lot of pushing, falling, and sliding, I make it through that cave. I get to Blackthorn, totally not ready to fight Clair. I don't know how I'm going to do this. I'll grind a lot before next time.

On Route 45 I encounter a Geodude. It's so underleveled I just kill it. Okay, so.... I'm probably going to stop this chapter here. Sorry nothing really happened.

MVP: Swin00b.

He's Canadian and nothing else happened.

DAY 12

Pre-Note: Thanks to Bippa and catutie for naming a Pokemon after me in their Nuzlockes. If you haven't looked at them, you should because they're great. Of course, they have to be great if I'm in them ;]

Alright, I hate grinding. You know what I hate more than grinding? Grinding in Heart Gold when nothing is your level. You know what I hare more than grinding in Heart Gold? Grinding in Heartgold when nothing is your level and half of your minuscule exp. is going to a Canadian Swinub.

That Swinub takes all of my experience away. I started training on the Route after Blackthorn, but besides Bropoke and Roja, nothing really fares well against Geodudes and Gravelers. I eventually migrate back to Ice Path, where I start to grind. For a long time. Eventually, Swin00b hits level 30 so to speed up his evolution I take him to train exp shareless against the Geodudes. I encounter one, use Icy Wind, and miss. It retaliates with a Self-Destruct and kills me.

Icjfidegbidfktgkyrcjusobaeiovdww.

No, Swin00b ;_;. You were going to be fantastic in the gym, but that 5% miss chance killed you. You drained so much exp and didn't even evolve :[.

I must carry on. I go back to Ice Path to grind a little bit. I train Pseudowood, Vampyre, and Animus to a decent level.   I train Igneus next, get Lava Plume, and then EVOLVES.

<3<3<3

I've had Quilava since the 1st gym, Typhlosion is a really nice upgrade. I train Roja and Bropoke, teach Bropoke Shadow Ball, and head to the gym.

I'm really scared. This gym is scary. It's full of dragons with very few weaknesses. I step in and fight the first Ace Trainer. Roja one shots the Dratinis and Animus one shots Seadra. So far so good. I continue on, killing things with Roja and Animus. After several uninteresting battles, I'm at Clair. I go heal, and then I challenge her. Oh no.

"Clair: I am Clair"

Those were the first words out of her mouth. Intelligent.

"The world's best Dragon-type master"

I think Iris has you beat, Hon ;]

She continues bragging until the battle begins.

I open Animus to her Gyarados. It uses Dragon Rage to do 40 (duh) to me as I one-shot it with a Spec'd Thundershock. I switch to Roja for Dragonair. I use Ice Fang to do a little over half and it paralyzes me. Grrr. I use a full heal and it Dragon Pulses for about a quarter damage. Ice Fang again for the knockout. I stay in for the second Dragonair. Seriously, just reread and you'll learn how I took care of that one. Kingdra time. Oh noes.

I switch to Bropoke. He has the most HP, the most Special Defense, Yawn, and Shadow Ball. I yawn, it Dragon Pulses. It does a little less than half, but I heal in case of Hyper Beam. It uses Dragon Pulse and falls asleep. I shadow ball for a tiny amount of damage. I use it 3 more times and it wakes up and Dragon Pulses me. I heal and it Hydro Pumps, lol. I Yawn and heal. 2 Shadow Balls until she Full Restores.

>:[

I do 2 more Shadow Balls. It wakes up and Smokescreens me and I crit Shadow Ball it. She Full Restores again as I Yawn her. 

>>>>:[

It Snokescreens, falls asleep and I switch to Vampyre. I Confuse Ray and then Wing Attack 2 times. It wakes up and misses Hydro Pump. I switch to Fly, I love being annoying :3. It snaps out and Hyper Beams me.. when I'm airborne. I Fly it, get Smokescreened, and I reconfuse it. It hurts itself and I Wing Attack for the KO.

I beat the 8th gym - and no one died. My team and I made it through every gym and we're still trucking it.

MVP: Roja

There are several people this could go to, but Roja did most of the gym and half of Clair. 

If my planning is correct, next episode will be the last before the E4. Please comment if you're reading, you're the reason I'm doing this <3
DAY 13

Turns out Clair doesn't want to give me the badge yet. I follow her into the Dragon's Den, where I fight a few dragons and encounter a whirlpool.

rage.

I leave to teach Roja Waterfall over strength. I go through, pass a test, and the elders threaten to call Lance on Clair. Hehehe.

I get my stuff and go to New Bark Town. Professor Elm and Lyra tell me how amazing and helpful I am, give me the Master Ball, and send me to the dance studio. I get there and I see all of the Kimono Girls. She talks about Yolko a little bit... :

Im up against Umbreon. Pseudowood Low Kicks for a minuscule amount. I switch to Roja to finish it. I use Animus and Bropoke for Espeon. Oh-oh. I'm getting too damaged for this to work... :/

Pseudowood gets burned by Flareon, so I switch to Roja who one shots it with Waterfall. Jolteon time. I switch to Igneus, who takes the Thunderbolt and goes to..... Under 50%. No, nonononono. This isn't allowed to happen. I have to sacrifice someone. 

Pseudowood. 

I watch those last precious hit points drain away. I bring in Vampyre to confuse it. But Jolteon is faster and OHKOs it. 

</3

I'm done. I can't believe it, Vampyre has been great since it evolved. And now he's dead. I literally just shed a tear. I send in Critical Condition Animus and heal it twice while it takes Thunderbolts. My only choices are Magnet Bomb and Sonicboom. Jolteon switches to Double Team, so naturally I chose Sonicboom and missed. I manage to get it below half before Igneus dies.

I have 2 water types and Igneus. Im about to lose. Igneus dies first, then Bropoke, and then Roja.

Yeah. I just lost.

My friends. They died. Thanks, everyone, for reading this. It was one of the first Nuzlockes to begin, but I failed to complete. The Nuzlocke gods decided they wanted that Troll-teon to kill me. Once again, thanks. I want to do another Nuzlocke though. I'll get my revenge.

TEAM

Pseudowood. I caught him when he blocked my way. He stayed out of the way, mostly. He did really help me with Team Rocket. He died at level 35.

Animus. I never mentioned its name, an animus is a similar concept to a soul, and I imagined Animus to be the soul-successor or reincarnation of Magneto. It was a beast. You would have never expected Thundershock to cause so much pain. Animus died at level 37.

Roja. Roja, the red raging Gyarados. She started out pretty meh, but upon learning Waterfall and Ice Fang she solidified her spot on the team. She caused some pain, but her crippling weakness killed her. She died at level 37.

Vampyre. One of the fan favorites in the poll. To think I may have never even used him is crazy. He was a miracle worker as soon as he evolved. His stats were phenominal. His moveset was modest, but he was a fantastic team member. He was level 35 when he died.

Bropoke. No. No no no. My best bro. He was my best bro as soon as I got him. I knew I wanted him to be on my team forever as soon as he owned my rivals Croconaw with a huge level disadvantage. He was great. I can't express how great he was. He was level 36 when he died.

Igneus.

</3

157.gif

Igneus Lv.36
Blaze
- Flame Wheel
- Swift
- Lava Plume
- Smokescreen

199.gif

Bropoke Lv.36
Oblivious
-Surf
-Confusion
-Shadow Ball
-Yawn

169.gif

Vampyre Lv.35
Inner Focus
-Bite
-Wing Attack
-Fly
-Confuse Ray

185.gif

Pseudowood Lv.34
Rock Head
-Rock Slide
-Low Kick
-Faint Attack
-Mimic

Spr_2c_130_s.gif

Roja Lv.36
Intimidate
-Waterfall
-Bite
-Ice Fang
-Strength

082.gif

Animus Lv.37
Magnet Pull
-Thundershock
-Magnet Bomb
-Thunder Wave
-Sonicboom

Graveyard Heaven
041.gif

Nosferatu
Level 2-2

010.gif

Caterpie
Level 3-3

027.gif
</3
Amor Lv.6-18

081.gif

Magneto Lv.16-23

176.gif
</////3
Yolko Lv.1-24

220.gif

Swin00b
Level 21-30

I hope you guys enjoy this, any comments would be greatly appreciated!

RE: Xdogking's Heartgold Nuzlocke Adventure

Oh yeah, if I were you, I'd level those ALOT more before continuing. I look forward to seeing what goes on next!

ZoruaSnivyluver said:
Oh yeah, if I were you, I'd level those ALOT more before continuing. I look forward to seeing what goes on next!

Thanks for commenting! Yeah, I would have been screwed without grinding lol. I posted an update and, as you can see, they've leveled quite a bit XP.

Voted in the poll. Seems like your going good! And yeah, I hate Falkner the hacker. Ohwell. At least he's not as bad as *silence* Miltank. *DUNN DUNN DUNN!*

Miltank was easy. Heart gold was easy. Pokemon ^is easy. Sigh I guess this happens when you train in the same place for days.

I agree that heartgold was the easiest game besides b/w. Miltank was really weak too. I don't understand why people think it is tough, I've never had any trouble with it. The hardest thing in the game was Clair's Kingdra because it's fast, Hydro Pump hits hard, and it has no resistances, but even so with a bit of grinding it was no trouble. It'd be different on a nuzlocke though.

Nothing was ever hard. Training until your pokemon were 30 levels higher than they should be took patience. That's all.

Try not grinding like a coward and see how hard it is. :p

I suggest with easier games like this to cap off the levels to be no higher than the next Gym or for super-challenge, go lower than their levels.

dmaster out.

Honestly, I've found HG to be the hardest 4-5 gen game. Maybe its because I hate grinding for long periods of time. Anyways, an update is... up.

Really? Kinda odd how everyone else finds it the easiest then.:) I find Platinum to be the hardest because it catches up to you quickly even if you overgrind 5-10 levels. I mean, I had Prinplup, Luxio, and Staravia when I entered Jubilife but had trouble with Gardenia, the second gym leader...on a normal playthrough.

Why did u get rid of curse? that is slowpoke's best move. In my opinion.

dragonpulse20 said:
Why did u get rid of curse? that is slowpoke's best move. In my opinion.

I got rid of curse because it was learning Confusion when it had Water Gun, Curse, Tackle, and Yawn. Getting rid of Water Gun would be stupid, getting rid of Tackle would make curse kind of useless, and Yawn comes in handy a lot.

And anyone who's concerned with Miltank - My plan is to grind Amor until she evolves and give her Dig, she'll only be hit by a 15 power Rollout, be immune to Attract, and have base 110 defense to take Stomps.

Good idea on Miltank, that is the hardest cow ever. It has to be hacked.

Is platinum hard to do Nuzlocke on? Cause I think I'm going to try it.

I've heard Platinum is the hardest to Nuzlocke, but I've never tried to do it myself.

dmaster out.

Yeah, I've heard Platinum is really hard for Nuzlocking. I've never done it though, I tried Diamond but got bored with how slow it was.

There's an update up, and it tells the heart-wrenching tale of the Goldenrod Gym.

Guilty spark said:
In think you should have sacrificed drowzee instead.

Drowzee was helpful in the battle though, so Amor probably would have died anyways :/

Why didnt u switch to quilava and let him take the blow? he wouldn't have died.

If you revisit a area, can you catch another guy there? I just want to know the rules well cause im going to nuzlocke on my platinum.

Generally you can't unless its like route 1 or something where on your first visit to the area you couldn't have had any pokeballs, so after you get the pokeballs you can go back and catch the first guy you see there. That's what I did anyway. If you mean something like where you go into Mt. Coronet the second time I'd say that is a no unless you didn't encounter any pokemon the first time.

Back