BW/BW2 Would you mind older Pokemon replacements?

Tarazuma said:
I'm talking about their designs, I don't care about their movesets or stats, I don't play competitively. They look awful, like some 70s retro hippie's throw pillow. Way to cutesy and stupid.

munna rules and drowzee drules
musharna eats hypnos

sings to army theme

Tarazuma said:
I'm talking about their designs, I don't care about their movesets or stats, I don't play competitively. They look awful, like some 70s retro hippie's throw pillow. Way to cutesy and stupid.
You're just jealous they're better than hypno :p

I like Mushaana. It reminds me of Studio Ghibli movies.

I like the idea. Some of them are just so common they get annoying and stale easily. I would like to think they will be replaced.. but we will probably end up seeing the usual *frowns*

Tarazuma said:
I wouldn't mind instances such as Koromori replacing Zubat, since Zubats were overabundant in EVERY SINGLE GAME. And flying/psychic is way better then flying/poison.

However, I have a major issue with replacing Pokemon that were already underused and underrated. Like those dumpy sacks of crud Munna and Musharna replacing Drowzee and my beloved Hypno as Psychic dream eater Pokemon. It's not fair! T-T

YES! I WANT THIS TO BE TRUE! I LOVE CHANGE AND WOULD LOVE TO SEE POKEMON BE REPLACED TO GIVE US MORE EXCITEMENT!

Also, Drowzee/Hypno IS awesome. One of my favorite psychic types. :D I used them for my attempt at the HG/SS rom.

maybe instead of just replacing them
they could just add them to the same places
so that there is more variety

because seriously
if they replaced zubat with Koromori
id give it a year or two and you'll be complaining there are too many Koromori

it would just be the exact same
obviously it would be exciting having a new pokemon there at first
but it would get just as boring really quickly

I could really care less. Most likely we will be seeing some old friends, as we have with all previous generations. Tbh I'm getting a little sick of "OH KOROMORI LOOKS REMOTELY RELATED TO ZUBAT SO THEY'RE GETTING RID OF IT!". I mean, as annoying as common Pokemon such as Zubat, Geodude, and Magikarp can be, what would the Pokemon world be without them? Lol ;P

People say they would like for Koromori to replace Zubat in caves, but I know they'd get annoyed of them just as much as Zubat.
At least I know I would. xD

But to be honest, I wouldn't mind for Pokemon like Munna and Musharna to replace Drowzee and Hypno (no offense, Tarazuma :p), Moguryu (the mole Pokemon) and Doryuuzu to replace Diglett and Dugtrio, Shimama to replace Ponyta, Gear to replace Magnemite, and who knows? Maybe we can have a little Fighting-type to replace Machop. :B I just hope it's another animal like Mankey or Riolu. Hopefully, whatever Fighting-type we get in this generation won't be another macho (masculine) Pokemon. I think it's about time we get a Fighting-type that isn't extremely male-based. As if females can't be fighters... Meditite and Medicham aren't enough for me. And most people seem to view them as masculine, anyways... smh. u_u

ManhattanTheStarr said:
Hopefully, whatever Fighting-type we get in this generation won't be another macho (masculine) Pokemon. I think it's about time we get a Fighting-type that isn't extremely male-based. As if females can't be fighters... Meditite and Medicham aren't enough for me. And most people seem to view them as masculine, anyways... smh. u_u

Omg, THANK YOU! I've always hated Machamp and the other "manly" fighting types. There needs to be more female or gender-neutral ones.

The only fighting type I genuinely like is Toxicroak, and they die too easily :/ Unfortunately for me, Machamp is practically the best fighting type in the game. Unfortunate because gameplay wise, fighting is my favorite type and the best overall type IMO.

And as far as all the replacements you mentioned, I agree with them all except Drowzee and Hypno. They're just too unique to be replaced, wheras the rest are just generic animal Pokemon.

Oh and Gear shouldn't replace Magnemite, especially since Magnezone was just introduced in gen 4.

I honestly don't think anyone does. Even if they do, they prefer Zubat more... unless they have no taste.

Hoenn definitely had the right idea, introducing a wide range of new pokemon on every route. Before reaching the first Gym, you could catch a myriad of diverse typed pokemon. Everything from Ralts to Lotad to Whismur to Surskit to Wingull to Shroomish to Seedot.

When you throw a Geodude or a Zubat into the mix, it's irrelevant when there is enough variety.

oakbark said:
When you throw a Geodude or a Zubat into the mix, it's irrelevant when there is enough variety.
It's not really the fact that it's Geodude or Zubat, but the fact that they appear EVERY. FIVE. STEPS. (I like Golem and Crobat, just not the other's in their family x) )

Shimama-man said:
It's not really the fact that it's Geodude or Zubat, but the fact that they appear EVERY. FIVE. STEPS. (I like Golem and Crobat, just not the other's in their family x) )

Oh I agree. I'm not saying that I'm for a Geodude-infested mountain climb, or a Zubat-infested cave. I'm just saying that I don't mind if they do appear on the odd route, so long as the cave/route has a bunch of other pokemon that appear just as much.

oakbark said:
Oh I agree. I'm not saying that I'm for a Geodude-infested mountain climb, or a Zubat-infested cave. I'm just saying that I don't mind if they do appear on the odd route, so long as the cave/route has a bunch of other pokemon that appear just as much.
Yeah, it wouldn't be a pokemon without them, after all x)

I don't want a replacement, just... varied pokemon in caves. Zubat AND koromori, Geodude AND Giagasu/other geoudue like pokemon! :D

oakbark said:
Hoenn definitely had the right idea, introducing a wide range of new pokemon on every route. Before reaching the first Gym, you could catch a myriad of diverse typed pokemon. Everything from Ralts to Lotad to Whismur to Surskit to Wingull to Shroomish to Seedot.

I agree completely. I had nearly 20 Pokemon before the first gym xD. And then there was D/P/P. Bidoof, Starly and Budew. That was pretty much it.

I certainly wouldn't mind if they got rid of zubat for koromori.It would give the certainty of a new fresh kind of feeling a new experience.But without Zubat it woldn't feel all to much the same.T-T sniffle*

if they just replaced the old pokemon
people would soon get bored with the new ones just as they did with the old ones
they just need more variety
instead of just one or two pokemon in a whole cave or something

I like how they are basically resetting the entire game to give it more of a fresh appeal to people.

Back