Worst Way to Lose a Game

Muddy68

Democrat to the End
Advanced Member
At a PR, my two friends ran Ferroseed, but the one pulled 2, and they were in sudden death, and the one with only one kept mulliganing so the other one got out both Seeds. Guess who lost... :p

Nigel

Extra Spicy
Someone cheating against you. Yea, that can get on everybody's nerves. Especially if they deny it around a judge. (I've just barely quit being angry about an incident during states last year. :/ ).

One Approved

;
Advanced Member
Reading the title of this thread.

oh wait, you meant a TCG game? In that case probably getting donked by anything when you have a really good hand, but don't get to use it.

iisnumber12

Team UN (White)
Here's how it goes:

1. Your opponent plays a bunch of cards

2. Your opponent has the donk bu doesn't see it

3. You say GG

4. They see it and donk you

TokenDuelist

YGO TCG is Cheaper. Fight me.
Attempting to go full force against a Chain Reaction based Eevee deck.
I can't count the number of times people have thought the best way to beat me in a battle was to rush out all their evolutions to kill a 30 HP eevee.
They forget about the Poke-Power every time and are faced with Espeon or Umbreon Primes in their face.

or in another case, my Glaceon deck versus a guy who kept depleting the cards he had in his hand to either 1 or 0.
This is an Ice Bind Glaceon. Bad idea.

DNA

Goodbye, everyone. I'll miss you all.
Advanced Member
Mudkip4321 said:
One day at league, I beat a Regigigas Lv. X with only Totodile attacking (The CL one). That thing won me the game, since my opponent ONLY had Regigigas Lv. X. The best part was, Totodile was my ONLY Pokemon and Regigigas was my opponent's only Pokemon. He didn't draw any energy, and I only had 2 {W} and 1 {R} on Totodile. If only I had my camera with me... :p
That's probably the worst excuse for a Regigigas deck I've ever seen. Normally, a Gigas deck has a full or near-full bench at all times.

The Fire Wyrm

Aspiring Trainer
PokeMedic said:
Audino EP with 2 DCE. Everytime.
Try 4 DCE w/ 12 Fire. This is my opponents pain, but my joy.

Mine happened today, she drew her last card in her deck, then an RDL comes out of nowhere like a freaking ninja and murders my Reshiram EX for her last 3 prizes....

I plan on trading my bottom half in the future.

dBlue

I used my Zekrom EX to kill some Magnezone when they have no other attackers/ potential attackers on the field (them w/Eelzone) and then all of a sudden WABAM! Terrakion, Dynamotor, Prism, GG. I'm like: [look at my avatar]

Furaigon

Aspiring Trainer
Having all of your most important basics prized is a terrible way to lose. (but an awesome way to win)

For example, my friends were doing Durant VS EelZone. The EelZone guy uses a Collector, and finds out he has 3 Tynamo prized. So he ragequit.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
^Why would he need his Tynamos against Durant? :p

Usually I just spam a Mewtwo or Zekrom until I lose or take six prizes.

Furaigon

Aspiring Trainer
True, but it was before ND, and the EelZone was some weird list that my Professor went 6-0 with at Cities, getting to Top 2 with Pooka (and beating him later) in the Chicago marathon. It had no Zekrom, while using Kyurem and about 6 Waters. Still no idea how it worked so well for him.

blargh257

IT'S BEEN THREE THOUSAND YEARS
In regionals, I played Gyarados. In semis i faced Ray Vin's Luxchomp. He got 3 PRIZES with ERL in both of the games he won.

Celebi23

Aspiring Trainer
Advanced Member
blargh257 said:
In regionals, I played Gyarados. In semis i faced Ray Vin's Luxchomp. He got 3 PRIZES with ERL in both of the games he won.
This reminds me of what happened at a Regionals a year or two ago. Time got called when the player whose turn it was was up on prizes. If he just passed, he would have won. However, he had to get fancy and use ERL for moar prizes. He dropped a Crobat G and announced Flash Bites to try to put his opponent's Garchomp X in Thunderfall (or whatever the attack is called) range. His opponent power sprayed. He shrugged, and used Thunderfall anyway. This gave his opponent his last three prizes (two Uxie and Crobat), while only giving him one prize when he had two left. :cool:

Akamu54

Bagon Farmer
For me, the worst way to lose a game is to a kid who thinks he's/she's the best thing jut because they either net decked or are using an illegal deck. Myself, personally, only play to have fun, but it's hard to have fun when the kid is constantly saying how good they are because of their deck. They don't even have a strategy when using it!

Brave Vesperia

Forum Smod
Forum Super Mod
Forum Mod
I think conceding because I flip over a Mewtwo EX on the TCGO is a pretty bad way to lose. (not joking, I've actually had 2 or 3 people concede because of Mewtwo, I mean, I don't know the EXACT reason, but it's my best assumtion)

alex

Miss the game
The Aura Is With Me 8 said:
I think conceding because I flip over a Mewtwo EX on the TCGO is a pretty bad way to lose. (not joking, I've actually had 2 or 3 people concede because of Mewtwo, I mean, I don't know the EXACT reason, but it's my best assumtion)

Starting with Mewtwo isn't the worst thing in the world. If you make sure not to put any energy on it you'll be fine, the opponents Mewtwo would need at least 5 energy to KO.