Worlds 2014

I'm really annoyed that us masters get Flash Fire packs instead of Rising Fist packs for the LCQ.

I am participating in the VGC LCQ so I'll be there. Anyone know what kind of side events will be going on?

Camoclone said:
I'm really annoyed that us masters get Flash Fire packs instead of Rising Fist packs for the LCQ.

Oh wow, that didn't even cross my mind. Yeah, that really sucks. I still have 20+ Flashfire packs from Nationals that I need to get rid of. >:[

I'll be at the LCQ. I will be, of course, that nerd with the Pikachu hat. I'm fairly tall, and will probably be wearing my Team Wilmington shirt for most of the event.

Also, a reminder to everyone that they need to preregister for the LCQ. I doubt they'll be many spots open, so be sure to secure them now!

It's not letting me register for the VGC LCQ! I have my invite for tcg but I'm still allowed to play vgc LCQ right?

grantm1999 said:
It's not letting me register for the VGC LCQ! I have my invite for tcg but I'm still allowed to play vgc LCQ right?

I tried to do that last year and they didn't let me lol.

Oh too bad. I was looking forward to it. Vgc seniors is easy (especially Americans). Japanese are good though (at tcg and vgc)

The website for Worlds has been updated adding a bit of pzazz and introducing a Superhero looking Pikachu =3.

Will there be a list of Side Events at a later date on the Pokémon website?

Well I think I got my team that I'm going to use in the lcq after weeks and weeks of testing on showdown. Time to start breeding for perfect mons...

I'm rather curious about something regarding the LCQ, if anyone might be able to answer. I stopped playing right before they brought in the Play! Points system and just got back into it a few weeks ago. I see that in order to pre-register for the LCQ, you need a minimum of 10 Play! Points. I have 0. So obviously, I can't register.

There's a line on the LCQ FAQ page that reads: "At the end of check-in, if empty seats remain, we will allow on-site players to register, up to the capacities listed above."

This is where my question comes in: Is it possible that I, with 0 points, would be able to participate in the event there were empty seats remaining, or would they do a check should I attempt it?

I would assume they wouldn't check or really care considering they're looking to fill seats, but it's a rather legit question, in my opinion.

Ardi-Yarne said:
I'm rather curious about something regarding the LCQ, if anyone might be able to answer. I stopped playing right before they brought in the Play! Points system and just got back into it a few weeks ago. I see that in order to pre-register for the LCQ, you need a minimum of 10 Play! Points. I have 0. So obviously, I can't register.

There's a line on the LCQ FAQ page that reads: "At the end of check-in, if empty seats remain, we will allow on-site players to register, up to the capacities listed above."

This is where my question comes in: Is it possible that I, with 0 points, would be able to participate in the event there were empty seats remaining, or would they do a check should I attempt it?

I would assume they wouldn't check or really care considering they're looking to fill seats, but it's a rather legit question, in my opinion.

My guess would be no, you couldn't enter. I'm pretty sure they do check, and I think they assume there will be people at Worlds who haven't registered for the LCQ, and have 10 Play! Points. I doubt there will be open seats at the end of check in anyway, so it may not even matter.

Machamp The Champion said:
Ardi-Yarne said:

My guess would be no, you couldn't enter. I'm pretty sure they do check, and I think they assume there will be people at Worlds who haven't registered for the LCQ, and have 10 Play! Points. I doubt there will be open seats at the end of check in anyway, so it may not even matter.

I assume that's how it will be, but their wording and lack of complete details like that can be misleading. I figure it's worth a shot to ask, but I'm not getting my hopes up, haha. Thanks for the quick response though.

Ardi-Yarne said:
Machamp The Champion said:

I assume that's how it will be, but their wording and lack of complete details like that can be misleading. I figure it's worth a shot to ask, but I'm not getting my hopes up, haha. Thanks for the quick response though.

From what I've read it'll only work out for VGC. If you don't have the 1 play!point required you'd be able to sign up for LCQ without the required point if seats aren't filled. TCG I don't think will allow anyone with less than 10 because the sign ups had to be done online with your credit card for the 30$ entry fee. They won't take cash or credit on site.

Back