'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Hongo

Aspiring Trainer
Simisage has always looked like a rejected Sonic character.

Simisear is taking bites but watching to make sure it doesn’t overeat compared to its peers.

Simipour knows what it’s doing. Starting up that summer Tinder profile.

Dillonzer

Aspiring Trainer
At least these are only taking up uncommon slots. I'd be pretty upset if these tried to sneak into a rare slot. It is a step in the right direction it seems. Stage 1 doing 110 for 3 colourless is a nice upgrade, but we aren't there yet.

PlatinumDude

Aspiring Trainer
At least these are only taking up uncommon slots. I'd be pretty upset if these tried to sneak into a rare slot. It is a step in the right direction it seems. Stage 1 doing 110 for 3 colourless is a nice upgrade, but we aren't there yet.
Agreeing with this. On another note, when I learned that some of the Japanese family starter deck exclusive cards were ported over to Unified Minds as rares, I was less than pleased (both Salazzle and the Toxapex were wastes of rare slots, for one).

Sombres

Aspiring Trainer
At first glance, they are a bit unoriginal and bland, but I think they were designed with a purpose in mind: Hit hard on weaknesses with a single triple boost attachment. Silvally lost some of its memories, and it cant just tech a bunch of hard hitters from the types it doesnt have, lest it just becomes a mewtwo deck. Could have been worse.

No, this doesnt kill Vmax pokémon, even if by some miracle they make a choice band for Vs. They could kill some regular Vs turn 2, though.

Number51x

Blasting off at the speed of light!
I don't care for monkeys (IRL) in general, but that Simipour is going in the binder card back out. Super creepy.

The Almighty Bidoof

Just your everyday MtF trans Bidoof worshipper
Japan doesn't have regular rares. It is sadly possible these will be rares

Scoop

Literally a sheep
I'm gonna say it, I like the monkey trio.

I don't have anything else to contribute to this thread. I just like the monkey trio is all. Monkey Pokemon in general are pretty top notch.

K_la

Aspiring Trainer
My 11 year old son saw these cards, but was too young to create an account... so I will post it for him...

when i saw these cards i was sad because these cards all do the same thing i thought Pokemon be more creative.

vinyl_warrior

Aspiring Trainer
At first glance, they are a bit unoriginal and bland, but I think they were designed with a purpose in mind: Hit hard on weaknesses with a single triple boost attachment. Silvally lost some of its memories, and it cant just tech a bunch of hard hitters from the types it doesnt have, lest it just becomes a mewtwo deck. Could have been worse.

No, this doesnt kill Vmax pokémon, even if by some miracle they make a choice band for Vs. They could kill some regular Vs turn 2, though.

Knocking out pre-evolution V with a single triple energy attach is more or less exactly the use case they outlined in the intro video.

The other bits they talked about were:
  • Evolving to it from a Ditto prism star
  • Combining it with ADP Altered Creation to knock out tag team GX (110 + 30) * 2 = 280

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
Knocking out pre-evolution V with a single triple energy attach is more or less exactly the use case they outlined in the intro video.

The other bits they talked about were:
  • Evolving to it from a Ditto prism star
  • Combining it with ADP Altered Creation to knock out tag team GX (110 + 30) * 2 = 280
Ditto is going to rotate once we are getting this

vinyl_warrior

Aspiring Trainer
Ditto is going to rotate once we are getting this

That’s an interesting point. In Japan, Ditto PR is a B series card so probably won’t rotate until end of November. So maybe it’s a trio of cards for the domestic market. Or there’s a replacement coming.

I don’t know how Creatures manages to balance split regulations in Japan vs rest of the world without going a bit bonkers.

The Fish

0.o
This card's success will depend on how good the Torchic and Combusken end up being. I hope they get abilities. That aside, Blaziken KOs Zacian.