'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Discussion in 'Pokémon Trading Card Game' started by Water Pokémon Master, Feb 25, 2020.

1. SableyeGuy Aspiring Trainer
    SableyeGuy

i agree with this, it sucks

not really. the only good one rn is obstagoon.

2. AngryBokoblin Guzzlord is fun
    AngryBokoblin

I hate that horn being a thing.
    It just adds more randomness into the game did not need to exist.
    Oh, you are holding the switch? Here, stamp to 2, now you have a 50/50 chance of winning have fun.
    Stamp and N can be played around but this along with stamp just seems hideous.
    The game is already too luck-based with super scoop up and crushing hammer and stadium nav and constant marnie.
    And then that turbo patch is coming, too.
    It is not healthy, IMO, to have cards like these in the game.

Wechselbalg likes this.
  3. ShaunTheBoufflant Like No One Ever Was
    ShaunTheBoufflant

Budget "welder every turn" weakness deck for new players. I see what you did here TPCI...

4. Kenatta_tcg Aspiring Trainer
    Kenatta_tcg

Sorry I didn't make that clear, I edited my original post to try to clarify the confusion based on your comment, but yeah in the end it doesn't really matter because in standard almost every deck plays 4 switch and a lot of decks play 2-4 scoop up nets on top of that. So easy to get out of confusion. In Expanded no one plays Switch, only Guzma and VS Seeker, so hypnotoxic laser has much more power.

5. Animegamer420 Aspiring Trainer
    Animegamer420

Why would you get to Marnie’s when you use one it would just put the other one back into your deck

6. Yaginku Aspiring Trainer
    Yaginku

True, I was just making comparison to cards like "Looker's Whistle".

7. Mora Don't Panic
    Mora

Forum Mod Member

Stage 2's are inherently less consistent. Consistency isn't really an issue with Obstagoon because if you miss it turn 2, who cares. Not the case with Blaziken when it's I'm assuming your main attacker.

8. johnwick Aspiring Trainer
    johnwick

Just a heads up my fellow Pokemon Community, Target is having a Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off, and YES, EVEN THE NEW BATTLE DECKS!!

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm...category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories

Hopefully the link works. Target restocked their online PikaRom decks and I ordered 17 times (34 boxes in total, for Basically $21 after tax, each, Shipped. I didn't buy them all as I didn't want to be a jerk to those wanting the decks as well. They should restock tomorrow, so be on the lookout as the Promo can be used over and over again. Peace.
    Id

9. Toni Kensa Playing and Collecting
    Toni Kensa

Wish something like what happened with Kadabra happens with that monkey trio.

10. jamashawalker Ikouze!
    jamashawalker

I would say stage 2s are as consistent as they've been in a long time. Issue though is that the majority of them are just bad attackers even without the power difference between Vs and stage 2s. For them to be "good" they have to some gimmick ability/attack...aka Obstagoon

11. steffenka Miss Vaanjie
    steffenka

12. Poke_collector Aspiring Trainer
    Poke_collector

That item card could be a great disruptor

13. Kaizaac Aspiring Trainer
    Kaizaac

Kangaskhan is meh, we’ve seen it before, mountainous smoke is kinda cool.

14. The Fish 0.o
    The Fish

Kangaskhan will be decent in Theme decks (if it makes it). A basic that can swing 120 for 2 energies is pretty good. KOs Thundurus and Rapidash.

15. Dark Espeon Dark Avatar
    Dark Espeon

Mountanious Smoke looks nice in control decks but I amnot sure whether it is better than current alternatives such as Giant Bomb and Cursed Shovel.

16. FourteenAlmonds NTernetttt ERXploerer
    FourteenAlmonds

Mountainous Smoke is just the Coronavirus Air of the Pokemon world, change my mind.

Dravinator and TheAquaPiplup like this.
  17. The Rhyperior I am still Mr. Rhyperior
    The Rhyperior

• Kangaskhan - ehh. 2
    • Smoke Stick - Great for Prize denial. Its just basically discar one of your opponent's prize cards. If Jirachi * is legal once this came out, this will hate it. Anyways, it can be fit in some decks. (Mill decks are ded) But, Tool Scrapper saw play. As long Tool Scrapper is there, Tools like this will be short lived. 3-4

18. FireLizard Dragon shipper
    FireLizard

Ah yes, Kawayoo, my favourite TGC artist...

fleshrum likes this.
  19. Tytus Expanded Best Format
    Tytus

Mountainous smoke isn't bad at all. I could see this being played in decks with robo substitute or mill/disruption decks.

20. AshCo さくうぴい?!
    AshCo

What's wrong with Kawayoo? He's been one of my favorite mainstays since I've started some years back.