'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
I hoped Cheer Yell Horn would search the deck for two Marnie.

It's actually not a bad card for Jirachi decks, if you can afford the space. Obviously it hinges on your opponent having to spend a resource to switch back, which is not always the case.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Blaziken - Being a Stage 2 is always a problem. You can't Turn 2 that easily. Yes, KOs Pikarom and Zacian, But expect Pikarom to be bad pos-ro due to loss of L tricks. Zacian will be losing Metal Frying Pan but that won't stop people playing Zacian. It hits Eternatus for weakness as well. You can't bump its 130-dmg up easily. 3-4
  • Cheering Y Horn - I don't see its use. 2 Geodudes

FireLizard

A man who knows nothing about proportions.
  • Blaziken - Being a Stage 2 is always a problem. You can't Turn 2 that easily. Yes, KOs Pikarom and Zacian, But expect Pikarom to be bad pos-ro due to loss of L tricks. Zacian will be losing Metal Frying Pan but that won't stop people playing Zacian. It hits Eternatus for weakness as well. You can't bump its 130-dmg up easily. 3-4
Just use Welder and Rare Candy bro.

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
This card's success will depend on how good the Torchic and Combusken end up being. I hope they get abilities. That aside, Blaziken KOs Zacian.
I think its success will be more dependent on what is likely to be more prevalent at current tournaments or in the meta game. While the Torchic and Combusken will be important the deck won't be able to succeed if most of its matchups are not weak to it.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
I'm actually excited for Cheer Yell Horn. Both because it's the "new" Hypnotoxic Laser" and I can use it in my Imakuni? deck as a 4-of.

I think it'll be a 1-2 of in Evolution/easy-pivot decks. If you can pop off auto confusion and get yourself from under it at a crucial moment in the game, turning their next "I KO you next turn" into a 50/50 uncertainty has power that I don't think people are giving it credit for. I think it's a powerful card only if you time it right.

Also, this is one of the new trainers that I hope gets the SR treatment. Especially since last Gen's "enemy Item" was AWFUL (Tormenting Spray).

That said, I hope we also yet Team Yell Towel or whatever the female Yell Grunt is holding, as an Item as well.

Emerfirek

Aspiring Trainer
Blaziken will also hit Eternatus and Crobat for weakness. [R][F] Dual Type looks really good, compared to the previous [P][F] and [L][M] Dual Types.

The Horn may be helpful for those attackers that do more damage for each special condition, and may also incentivize Galarian Rapidash a bit in those decks.

SlamTheHuman

Aspiring Trainer
Just use Welder and Rare Candy bro.
So....You would need a previous turn benched torchic + the candy + the blaziken + the welder + 2 R energy for the welder + 1 Energy left to atached or alredy atached.
yeah sure, a super easy and consistent SEVEN CARDS - TWO TURNS combo

OVERGRO

Pokemon is lyfe.
Y'all are missing the real use for the Horn: Copperrajah decks. Our metal elephant friend is immune to Special Conditions!

Honestly though, I think the next reveal will be something that synergizes more with Yell Horn. Either increasing Damage or granting some bonus to a Pokemon that is Confused -- a flippy risk-reward deck.

As for Blaziken, it's nice to see dual type Pokemon but I just don't see it happening :(. Stage 2 and the energy cost is just a little bit too high. Might have been more usable with a 2-Energy attack cost + 190HP but even then, sadly, probably not.

How hard is it to make Stage 2 Pokemon competitive against Pokemon-V (or whatever the big Basic of the era is)...?? It's ridiculous how 99% of Stage 2 mons just end up as binder-fodder despite having interesting niches.

momand

Aspiring Trainer
two words: galarian rapidash
also blaziken is a gimmick, sure it hits eternatus for weakness but it doesn’t ohko it, so they can just switch and take the knockout that way

Last edited:

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
I'm actually excited for Cheer Yell Horn. Both because it's the "new" Hypnotoxic Laser" and I can use it in my Imakuni? deck as a 4-of.

I think it'll be a 1-2 of in Evolution/easy-pivot decks. If you can pop off auto confusion and get yourself from under it at a crucial moment in the game, turning their next "I KO you next turn" into a 50/50 uncertainty has power that I don't think people are giving it credit for. I think it's a powerful card only if you time it right.

Also, this is one of the new trainers that I hope gets the SR treatment. Especially since last Gen's "enemy Item" was AWFUL (Tormenting Spray).

That said, I hope we also yet Team Yell Towel or whatever the female Yell Grunt is holding, as an Item as well.
Gotta disagree with you on this one. This card is just straight trash. No one will play this card except maybe in stall decks, and even then I can't see it. Let me provide a few reasons why it is bad. If you disagree that's totally fine, just providing my observations.

First, it isn't the new hypnotoxic laser. Hypnotoxic laser gets poison, which can add relevant damage, as well as the possibility of sleep. Also, let's consider that hypnotoxic laser is being played in a format (expanded) where everyone doesn't have 4 switch cards and scoop up nets in their decks.

Second, let's consider the phases of play. You play this card before you enter your attack phase, meaning that you have to immediately play a switch card or something else like scoop up net (assuming the Pokémon is not GX/V, which most decks play) to mitigate the effect. Your opponent however gets a draw phase to have 1 more change at drawing a card to remove the condition, meaning they have more chances then you. And of course that assumes they don't already have switch. If you look at the most recent Limitless tournament deck lists from top decks look how many switch cards and scoop up nets are played in all those decks. This card clearly makes it more difficult for you than for them.

Third, is the space required for a card that, while burnable, isn't a guarantee. You have way better cards that are burnable that you could play that players don't - like Pokémon Catcher for example. People don't like the chance. When you play this card you need an extra card to mitigate its effect on you, whereas your opponent can just heads flip in the check up phase and totally mitigate the effect. Japanese players might like this because they are highly flip oriented in their playstyle, but I don't see it really catching on for the rest of the world.

Even in stall decks I wouldn't see this being played as you still need to attack (for example with Oranguru's Resource Management). Just don't see any relevant use for this card.

Last edited:

Clam

Almost decent
OK so are stage 2 pokemon consistent? I know they are slow to set up and are somehow worse then V pokemon, but are there cards that make them consistent enough to see play or are there to little support cards so they are not consistent.

Merovingian

Dead Game Enthusiast
Second, let's consider the phases of play. You play this card before you enter your attack phase, meaning that you don't get a chance on a flip like your opponent does. If you don't have a switch card in hand (or scoop up net assuming the Pokémon is not GX/V, which most decks play) then you have to flip. Your opponent however gets a flip to remove the condition between turns in the check up phase before they even have to attack, meaning they have 2 chances to your one. And of course that assumes they don't have switch. If you look at the most recent Limitless tournament deck lists from top decks look how many switch cards and scoop up nets are played in all those decks. This card clearly makes it more difficult for you than for them.

Are you talking about Asleep from Laser from the first point? Or Confusion from Cheer Yell when you're referring to Checkup?

If it's referring to Laser, then I agree. If not, Confusion doesn't get a flip to retain Confusion