'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

SableyeGuy

Aspiring Trainer
Gotta disagree with you on this one. This card is just straight trash. No one will play this card except maybe in stall decks, and even then I can't see it. Let me provide a few reasons why it is bad. If you disagree that's totally fine, just providing my observations.

First, it isn't the new hypnotoxic laser. Hypnotoxic laser gets poison, which can add relevant damage, as well as the possibility of sleep. Also, let's consider that hypnotoxic laser is being played in a format (expanded) where everyone doesn't have 4 switch cards and scoop up nets in their decks.

Second, let's consider the phases of play. You play this card before you enter your attack phase, meaning that you don't get a chance on a flip like your opponent does. If you don't have a switch card in hand (or scoop up net assuming the Pokémon is not GX/V, which most decks play) then you have to flip. Your opponent however gets a flip to remove the condition between turns in the check up phase before they even have to attack, meaning they have 2 chances to your one. And of course that assumes they don't have switch. If you look at the most recent Limitless tournament deck lists from top decks look how many switch cards and scoop up nets are played in all those decks. This card clearly makes it more difficult for you than for them.

Third, is the space required for a card that, while burnable, isn't a guarantee. You have way better cards that are burnable that you could play that players don't - like Pokémon Catcher for example. People don't like the chance. When you play this card you need an extra card to mitigate its effect on you, whereas your opponent can just heads flip in the check up phase and totally mitigate the effect. Japanese players might like this because they are highly flip oriented in their playstyle, but I don't see it really catching on for the rest of the world.

Even in stall decks I wouldn't see this being played as you still need to attack (for example with Oranguru's Resource Management). Just don't see any relevant use for this card.

i agree with this, it sucks

OK so are stage 2 pokemon consistent? I know they are slow to set up and are somehow worse then V pokemon, but are there cards that make them consistent enough to see play or are there to little support cards so they are not consistent.

not really. the only good one rn is obstagoon.

AngryBokoblin

Guzzlord is fun
I hate that horn being a thing.
It just adds more randomness into the game did not need to exist.
Oh, you are holding the switch? Here, stamp to 2, now you have a 50/50 chance of winning have fun.
Stamp and N can be played around but this along with stamp just seems hideous.
The game is already too luck-based with super scoop up and crushing hammer and stadium nav and constant marnie.
And then that turbo patch is coming, too.
It is not healthy, IMO, to have cards like these in the game.

Kenatta_tcg

Aspiring Trainer
Are you talking about Asleep from Laser from the first point? Or Confusion from Cheer Yell when you're referring to Checkup?

If it's referring to Laser, then I agree. If not, Confusion doesn't get a flip to retain Confusion
Sorry I didn't make that clear, I edited my original post to try to clarify the confusion based on your comment, but yeah in the end it doesn't really matter because in standard almost every deck plays 4 switch and a lot of decks play 2-4 scoop up nets on top of that. So easy to get out of confusion. In Expanded no one plays Switch, only Guzma and VS Seeker, so hypnotoxic laser has much more power.

Animegamer420

Aspiring Trainer
I hoped Cheer Yell Horn would search the deck for two Marnie.

It's actually not a bad card for Jirachi decks, if you can afford the space. Obviously it hinges on your opponent having to spend a resource to switch back, which is not always the case.
Why would you get to Marnie’s when you use one it would just put the other one back into your deck

Mora

Don't Panic
OK so are stage 2 pokemon consistent? I know they are slow to set up and are somehow worse then V pokemon, but are there cards that make them consistent enough to see play or are there to little support cards so they are not consistent.
Stage 2's are inherently less consistent. Consistency isn't really an issue with Obstagoon because if you miss it turn 2, who cares. Not the case with Blaziken when it's I'm assuming your main attacker.

johnwick

Aspiring Trainer
Just a heads up my fellow Pokemon Community, Target is having a Buy 1, Get 1 50% Off, and YES, EVEN THE NEW BATTLE DECKS!!

https://www.target.com/s?searchTerm...category=0|All|matchallpartial|all+categories

Hopefully the link works. Target restocked their online PikaRom decks and I ordered 17 times (34 boxes in total, for Basically $21 after tax, each, Shipped. I didn't buy them all as I didn't want to be a jerk to those wanting the decks as well. They should restock tomorrow, so be on the lookout as the Promo can be used over and over again. Peace.
Id

jamashawalker

Ikouze!

I would say stage 2s are as consistent as they've been in a long time. Issue though is that the majority of them are just bad attackers even without the power difference between Vs and stage 2s. For them to be "good" they have to some gimmick ability/attack...aka Obstagoon

The Fish

0.o
Kangaskhan will be decent in Theme decks (if it makes it). A basic that can swing 120 for 2 energies is pretty good. KOs Thundurus and Rapidash.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Mountanious Smoke looks nice in control decks but I amnot sure whether it is better than current alternatives such as Giant Bomb and Cursed Shovel.

N's Rhyperior

Aspiring Trainer
  • Kangaskhan - ehh. 2
  • Smoke Stick - Great for Prize denial. Its just basically discar one of your opponent's prize cards. If Jirachi * is legal once this came out, this will hate it. Anyways, it can be fit in some decks. (Mill decks are ded) But, Tool Scrapper saw play. As long Tool Scrapper is there, Tools like this will be short lived. 3-4

Tytus

Expanded Best Format
Mountainous smoke isn't bad at all. I could see this being played in decks with robo substitute or mill/disruption decks.