'World Down' and 'Legendary Heartbeat,' Japan's Summer Sets Introducing Amazing Rares!

Mcsonic00

Less Filler Cards Please
Ability: Bad Ruler
Once during your turn, you may have your opponent discard cards from their hand until they have 4 cards left.

Welp, there goes my Unown HAND deck. ;[

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
Turbo Patch: Nice boost for selected decks such as Turbo Boltund V.

Galarian Obstagoon: Decent card but I cannot come up with a deck that was looking for it.

TheMaskedMeowth

Aspiring Trainer
It probably excludes GXs and not Vs because they wanted to make sure 3-prize Pokemon were excluded. But VMAX are already excluded because it says it has to be a Basic Pokemon so, they're just trying to exclude Tag Teams, which most Basic GXs that will be left in Standard by the time this thing is released are Basics.

TheTempest

Aspiring Trainer
I think that the card was designed a lot earlier than we're actually seeing it... Hence the fairy energy symbol and just GX's can't use it.

Chimecho3000

Aspiring Trainer
I think that the card was designed a lot earlier than we're actually seeing it... Hence the fairy energy symbol and just GX's can't use it.

Not sure about that. They probably would have edited the card to bring it current if it were created earlier. Fairy Energy probably remains because basic Fairy Energy is still a thing and is a selectable energy option for this card.

Why it only excludes GXs and not Vs, I'd say what others have said and is to exclude the big 3-prize Pokemons. But then again, they could have said excluding Tag Teams instead...

MilesEX

Aspiring Trainer
So, we are not getting any more type specific parches, and instead this unholy amalgamation?

We only got one patch last gen, and we got metal patch this gen, so this is just a bonus IMO. Not like we would have got another patch for the next 3 years if history is anything to look at.

Not sure about that. They probably would have edited the card to bring it current if it were created earlier. Fairy Energy probably remains because basic Fairy Energy is still a thing and is a selectable energy option for this card.
Why it only excludes GXs and not Vs, I'd say what others have said and is to exclude the big 3-prize Pokemons. But then again, they could have said excluding Tag Teams instead...

GX's are powerful, Tag team or not, I think this is their way of phasing them out/making them weaker. I hope we see more of this in the future.

Woah. Not only is it an unimpressive card, but they're straight-up shafting GXes in favor of Vs.

This card should read:
"Choose a basic Energy card from your discard pile and attach it to 1 of your Basic Pokemon (excluding Pokemon-GX and Pokemon-V)."

Why should it? They want V's and VMAX to take off, no point buffing GX's even more. This is absolutely the right idea for TPC.

Yaginku

H-on Will Save Pokemon
GX's are powerful, Tag team or not, I think this is their way of phasing them out/making them weaker. I hope we see more of this in the future.
Why should it? They want V's and VMAX to take off, no point buffing GX's even more. This is absolutely the right idea for TPC.
Non-Tag Team GXes are powerful and fairly toxic, but they don't hold the candle to 3-prize Pokemon. Pokemon-V don't need any support over GXes, literally the whole Sword & Shield block will be nothing but helpful to V-cards.

Why it should read "Non-GX and Non-V"? Because these cards are not in such dire straights as regular Pokemon. If 1-prize Pokemon got a no-questions-asked energy Patch, it would help a great amount to bring them up to speed with overpowered multi-prizers.

CrownAxe

Aspiring Trainer
Non-Tag Team GXes are powerful and fairly toxic, but they don't hold the candle to 3-prize Pokemon. Pokemon-V don't need any support over GXes, literally the whole Sword & Shield block will be nothing but helpful to V-cards.

Why it should read "Non-GX and Non-V"? Because these cards are not in such dire straights as regular Pokemon. If 1-prize Pokemon got a no-questions-asked energy Patch, it would help a great amount to bring them up to speed with overpowered multi-prizers.
Speed is not the issue. There are tons of way to accelerate energy in the game. Turbo Patch is just another one. The problem with one prizers don't do enough damage and Turbo Patch doesn't fix that. That's why Baby Blown is the only one prizer deck that is competitive because it actually does good damage

That and ADP exists. Doesn't matter how fast the one prizers are if ADP only needs to KO 3 of them

Babywinds

Aspiring Trainer
With the discussion about "broken" being thrown around with Turbo Patch, I have a few things to say.

This is a lot more helpful to the format it seems like they want to build, and in honesty, it is balanced. I'd rather this card actually not affect GXs rather than not affect Vs. Everyone always seems to be wary of a big-basic format, and this card does EXACTLY that. It does say only basic Pokemon, however, it should still be incredibly easy to use this in an Evolution deck. Of course, Pokemon like Zacian V, Sableye V, and of course a few others highly benefit from this, but I would never say it is broken or needs to be fixed at any means.

The second is Amazing Rares. While we have no idea what they do yet, they are promised to be extremely powerful single prizers, so even for those afraid of a meta with Pokemon-GX and Pokemon V in it simply because they can't use their cute fun idea, Amazing Rares are going to allow single prize decks to be a thing. Even if only those. Depends on what they do with them to be honest.

Dark Espeon

Dark Avatar
I believe Turbo Patch is ment for a Turboi Zacian V deck as well as Speed Boltund V. Sword and Shield is rather reminescent of the XY area and the main intend here is to enable Pokémon V based decks like the two mentioned above to compete with Pokémon VMAX based decks. Pokémon GX are faded out rather fast. Other than ADP and Pikachu and Zekrom GX I do not recall to see many of them since the release of Rebel Clash anyway.

Nekoban Ryo

aka icycatelf
I'm not sure if anyone brought it up before, but why do regional evolutions have "Galarian" in their names? I hope this means that the non-Galarian variants of their pre-evolved forms will also be able to evolve in the near future because I still think they did regular Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, and Corsola dirty.

Babywinds

Aspiring Trainer
I'm not sure if anyone brought it up before, but why do regional evolutions have "Galarian" in their names? I hope this means that the non-Galarian variants of their pre-evolved forms will also be able to evolve in the near future because I still think they did regular Mr. Mime, Farfetch'd, and Corsola dirty.
I think it's mostly done so that a future card that might say Pokemon with "Galarian" in their names can interact with those evolutions.

ronangorski

Aspiring Trainer
Yay!
Hope we get the 4 fossils in this set, then well have all the Galar dex in the tcg already. Only missing post #890 Eternatus