'Wild Blaze' Leaking: Scans and Translations! [3/12]

The problem with 5ban is that, well,,, THEY'RE IN EVERY FREAKING TEAM PLASMA AND KALOS POKÉMON!!!! When I first saw the Dark type Greninja I first thought it was a fake because it wasn't 5ban. I'm not saying it's bad artwork whatsoaver, but it's kinda boring to see at least half of the cards in one set being illustrated by the same illutrator, SPECIALLY 5ban Graphics. I maybe could stand seeing half a set drawn by Kanako Eo, Kawayoo, MAHOU, or even Ryo Ueda, but it'll still be terrible. :/

I don't really mind and care who makes them, I mean, I wouldn't act like this: "I won't use cards illustrated by....", I don't care who illustrated them, I just want to see a GOOD illustration. I don't watch who made the illustration, even, I didn't know that (what Luispipe8 said about TP and Kalos Pokémon) because I don't watch the illustrators.

But really, Imo those FAs from Flashfire are bad, really bad in comparison to the others I've seen (from any illustrator).

EDIT: But not ALL TP Pokémon are from 5ban, check Genesect EX, Thundurus EX, Deoxys EX.

Luispipe8 said:
The problem with 5ban is that, well,,, THEY'RE IN EVERY FREAKING TEAM PLASMA AND KALOS POKÉMON!!!! When I first saw the Dark type Greninja I first thought it was a fake because it wasn't 5ban. I'm not saying it's bad artwork whatsoaver, but it's kinda boring to see at least half of the cards in one set being illustrated by the same illutrator, SPECIALLY 5ban Graphics. I maybe could stand seeing half a set drawn by Kanako Eo, Kawayoo, MAHOU, or even Ryo Ueda, but it'll still be terrible. :/
and Naoki Saito, triple all their salaries and fire everyone else, life would be good.

Eron said:
But not ALL TP Pokémon are from 5ban, check Genesect EX, Thundurus EX, Deoxys EX.

Those Ex's are the only exceptions, given that even Dialga-EX, Palkia-EX and Heatran-EX are the only Plasma EX's drawn by 5ban. But ALL of the other Team Plasma Pokémon, and I believe that all Trainers and Plasma Energy(except for both Colress) are 5ban Graphics. :p

I I don't take the illustrator into account when choosing my cards, it's just that seeing half of the set follow the same animated 3D is kind of boring.... u.u

Athena said:
For everyone who doesn't like the Charizard FA artwork: I'll happily take them off your hands for you! :D I really like the pose and I think it's my favourite Charizard TCG artwork.
Ah, for every vocal minority is a silent majority. I agree, I love it the art so far. I wouldn't go so far as to say it's my favorite Charizard art, but it's still awesome. I really like all the artwork by Ryo in this set, actually. :)

The set looks great, there will be a few archetypes emerging form it. My favorite is toxicroak-ex Dragalge combo, but man that shiftry is sweet.
Pity butterfree is garbage. Pyroar and return of fanclub will shift a meta a bit.
Also can someone edit Walrein an feebas...please. Not that i have have hopes for good attacks or anything.

Rexiu said:
The set looks great, there will be a few archetypes emerging form it. My favorite is toxicroak-ex Dragalge combo, but man that shiftry is sweet.
Pity butterfree is garbage. Pyroar and return of fanclub will shift a meta a bit.
Also can someone edit Walrein an feebas...please. Not that i have have hopes for good attacks or anything.

Exactly what is meant by archetypes? Toxicroak plus Dragalge sounds fun. It does not sound very effective. Plenty of decks have cards to bypass manually retreating at full price; Poison Barrier messes up the popular Rush In/Retreat combo as well as various other free Retreat tricks, but that is only half the battle. The other half comes from cards like Switch and Escape Rope, plus Virizion EX and Slurpuff can block Special Conditions.

Oh yeah, and 5 damage counters from Poison between turns for (CC) isn't bad, but remember that if your opponent discards Virbank City Gym it drops back down to three. If they are stranded and Poisoned, that is still an impressive 8 damage counters total... but I really don't expect them to stay stranded and Poisoned all that often. Unless you're worried about Lightning Weakness, might as well stick with Tornadus EX so that any Stadium deals 60 for (CC), and if you attach another Energy you can do a reliable 100 points of damage (even if there's a 50% chance of having to discard an Energy from Tornadus EX[/i]). If I missed something, though... please let me know!

Luispipe8 said:
I maybe could stand seeing half a set drawn by Kanako Eo, Kawayoo, MAHOU, or even Ryo Ueda, but it'll still be terrible. :/

I absolutely agree with seeing more artwork from Kanako Eo; she's my favorite illustrator in the TCG! Half a set? Hmm... Kanako Eo for all of Shiny Collection 2! (I actually would like to see a second Shiny Collection, though.)

Other illustrators I'd love to see more of are Kouki Saito, Kagemaru Himeno, sui, and, honestly... Ken Sugimori. Most cards with Ken Sugimori's artwork tend to get a lot of flack. Not because he's bad, but because they're typically his illustrations of every Pokemon that he does, which come off as lazy, stock card images. But especially now, after that Lysandre full art, I would love to see more original illustrations from him for the TCG.

I think garbodor+toxicroak would be more effective than dragalgae...but still not great. Looks fun though.

OK, guys, I think, all was said, except for maybe the only thing: I really hate XY sets water types, because of their weakness to grass. Is it so hard to understand, that water is naturally weak to lightning? What the hell change the creator's mind to make all water types weak to grass? Why they hate me? It's so logical like sledge in the middle of summer… yeah, I actually love fire types [so this set is impressive for me, it even includes my fav Pokémon: Ponyta (although its illustration is not so good)] but I actually pity all the water types and I hope, they don't print new Poliwag until they correct their minds and make at least some lightning weak waters. (Some of them are weak to metal, but it's only due to the fact, that they are ice…)… so: the only few mon's that remains weak to lightning are now actually birds… no fair.

And due to their stupid rule with mega's I can't expect any new Kadabra. That Pokémon must be really hated in Japan or what, because no new Kadabra's since oldest Team Rocket (if we don't count Sabrina's Kadabra and no so good sets like Aquapolis/Skyridge/Expedition).

OK, that's all I wanted to say this time…

NotSeen said:
OK, guys, I think, all was said, except for maybe the only thing: I really hate XY sets water types, because of their weakness to grass. Is it so hard to understand, that water is naturally weak to lightning? What the hell change the creator's mind to make all water types weak to grass? Why they hate me? It's so logical like sledge in the middle of summer… yeah, I actually love fire types [so this set is impressive for me, it even includes my fav Pokémon: Ponyta (although its illustration is not so good)] but I actually pity all the water types and I hope, they don't print new Poliwag until they correct their minds and make at least some lightning weak waters. (Some of them are weak to metal, but it's only due to the fact, that they are ice…)… so: the only few mon's that remains weak to lightning are now actually birds… no fair.

I think they were trying to make a triangle with the 3 starter types: Grass is weak to Fire, Fire is weak to Water, and Water is weak to Grass. In the past, Water was weak to Lightning, so there wasn't any sort of Triangle because Water was weak to a totally different type. Grass did have resistance to Water for a while, but that's not nearly as useful as having your attacks do 2X damage.

Is there a thread showing Wild Blaze pull rates and such? Otherwise I will start my own. I've bought 18 booster boxes so far. 2 of which I'm keeping Sealed for Collection. As for pulls. They have been pretty Awesome. I've opened up 11 Booster Boxes so far.. :)

BlastoiseRules1 said:
Is there a thread showing Wild Blaze pull rates and such? Otherwise I will start my own. I've bought 18 booster boxes so far. 2 of which I'm keeping Sealed for Collection. As for pulls. They have been pretty Awesome. I've opened up 11 Booster Boxes so far.. :)

There's a "Booster Box Pull Rates" thread, which should suffice for what you want to do.

Machamp The Champion said:
BlastoiseRules1 said:

There's a "Booster Box Pull Rates" thread, which should suffice for what you want to do.

I'm after a thread about Japanese Booster Box pull rates. Not English ones... But, thank you. :)

NotSeen said:
That Pokémon must be really hated in Japan or what, because no new Kadabra's since oldest Team Rocket (if we don't count Sabrina's Kadabra and no so good sets like Aquapolis/Skyridge/Expedition).

It's because Uri Gellar specifically sued over the Dark Kadabra card that they stopped making cards of Kadabra.

NotSeen said:
OK, guys, I think, all was said, except for maybe the only thing: I really hate XY sets water types, because of their weakness to grass. Is it so hard to understand, that water is naturally weak to lightning?

Is water naturally weak to lightning? Seems like a pretty elaborate take on electrolysis... plus that would make Metal-Types lightning weak. Pure water isn't even a good conductor of electricity... and the fact that it makes sense that the water covering a Pokémon isn't pure... why does that boost the damage of an attack; it would more logically lower evasion.

Yes, I really, really don't like Pokémon's taxonomical system, and even if we phrase the discussion in terms of that... Grass-Type is indeed a Weakness for Water-Types.

NotSeen said:
What the hell change the creator's mind to make all water types weak to grass?

Pretty sure its the R&D team and not the actual "creator" that decides. The TCG is a side project; a successful one, but still not the main part of the Pokémon franchise. Machamp The Champion probably has it right; I'll just add that it makes even more sense given the push for simplification that began with the BW sets.

NotSeen said:
Why they hate me?

Your post isn't helping. ;) Seriously though, I am starting to wonder how enjoyable their jobs are; adapting a video game into a TCG is hard enough, but Pokémon is Pokémon. We could start a new thread discussing what parts don't translate well from VG to TCG. I am starting to think that the reason Mega Pokémon are what they are is quiet rebellion because the TCG designers think about as well of the idea as I do. XD

NotSeen said:
And due to their stupid rule with mega's I can't expect any new Kadabra. That Pokémon must be really hated in Japan or what, because no new Kadabra's since oldest Team Rocket (if we don't count Sabrina's Kadabra and no so good sets like Aquapolis/Skyridge/Expedition).

Kadabra isn't showing up because of that annoying Uri Geller lawsuit (its Japanese name is Ungellar or something like that). Your last sentence is frustrating to read; both due to how its structured and (if I am interpreting it correctly) what you are saying. Kadabra were skipped before Mega Pokémon-EX; it gives them another way of bypassing it but that would just be a convenient excuse, not the real reason. Team Rocket (the set) contained Dark Kadabra. Since that card was released, we did get a reprint of what was originally Base Set Kadabra in the Legendary Collection, but that was some time ago.

Each version of Kadabra has been comparable for its time; not good but only because Evolving Stage 1 Pokémon in general seldom are. Overall, they are roughly "decent", offering decent options for their respective metagame.

Gold Megas are probably gonna be a thing now. Damn that means I can't quit till I get Gold Mega Scizor and Gold Mega Gardevoir for my favorite Pokemon collection. I secretly hope they're not playable so they won't be worth much. *gets shot*

I just realized Mega Charizard X is weak to fairy even Fire resists it. WHY YOU MAKE NO SENSE TCG??? Bah prolly to promote the use of Fairies maybe.

Back