Who to Head Ringer

Elbow

Klinklang V Plz
I feel when I play ToadPuff, sometimes I have trouble who to head ringer first is there are multiple threats on my opponent's field.
For example:
Yveltal EX: Big threat for big damage to Toad
Mewtwo EX: An easy pokemon to put down and dish out big damage
Manectric EX: Does 120 damage if I have a muscle band or head ringer on
Toad: Last thing I want to see is another Toad hitting back at me for the same amount of damage for 6 turns
Etc.
Who do you choose to head-ringer 1st?

RE: Who to Head Ringer?

I'd Ringer the toad, the immediate threat. That should give you enough time (when added to Toad's Item lock) to set up well and be prepared for whatever your opponent throws at you.

Yeah, if you're playing Toad/Puff, you have Hammers and ways to deal with pretty much every big attacker besides Manectric, I'd say go for the Toad and don't attach a Muscle Band to one of your Toads.

If you're anticipating a hard-hitting Mega Manectric and have enough resources etc to deal with Toad, Manectric may be best. In normal circumstances I would play down the Ringer on Toad.

Sure, Elbow's mentioned some threats... but what about Keldeo, Mega-evolving EXs and things like Genesect? Are they priority, to prevent helpful tools being placed on them - or even gaining a turn or nullifying a possible attacker by stopping Spirit Links?

It depends. If it's turn one, ringer everything you can. You won't get many chances to ringer them unless you're running megaphones or Xerosic. Later on, I don't know if I would even bother. I guess if you can catch someone without a tool, but once they see you have ringers they'll just wait to drop them before they have the tool.

For me it depends on what deck I am playing against and what deck I am playing. In my Yveltal EX/ Seismitoad EX deck I run 2 head ringers and the main pokemon I put them on would be Seismitoad EX, Genesect EX, Virizion EX, Yveltal EX, Keldeo EX, and mega evolving pokemon. Against decks that play seismitoad EX I try to get head ringers on the toads to hinder their quaking punch turn1, Genesect EX so that can get a G Booster on It, Virizion EX so it takes an extra turn to set up, Head ringers dont hurt Yveltal EX as much but they can help yiu use less resources to KO an opposing Yveltal EX, Keledo EX so they cant rush in and retreat to get out of status conditions, Mega pokemon so they can M evolve as easy.

I have put a Head Ringer on Jirachi EX a few times, just so I wont draw into the head ringer when I dont need it against Flareon decks and donphan decks.

Ok I think this was a bit unclear so I'll pose a few situations below and will let the group discuss.
Round 1: Toad Puff vs. VG
My active: Toad My Bench: N/A
Their Active: Virizion Their Bench: 1 Virizion 1 Genesect
My turn, turn 2: I have DCE and Muscle band. They have 1 grass on the active and no tools on the field. I have 2 head ringers...who do I get?

Round 2: Toad Puff vs. Big Basics Yveltal
My active: Toad My Bench: N/A
Their Active: Yveltal EX Their Bench: 1 Mewtwo 1 Yveltal EX 1 Darkrai 1 Toad
My turn, turn 2: I have DCE and Muscle band. They have 1 dark on the active and no tools on the field. I have 2 head ringers...who do I get?

Round 1: I'd get both Virizions. Even if they do get another one, it will still take them forever to set up.

Round 2: The active Yveltal and the Toad. You want to prevent your opponent from using Evil Ball/Quaking Punch anytime soon.

Round 1 I would have put head ringers on both pokemon if you had them in our hand. You were about to quaking punch anyways so they wouldnt be able to use items anyways. The Virizion EX would need another turn or xerosic just to attack. In that matchup you want to stop them from attacking as long as you can.

Round 2 I would put one on the active Yveltal EX, as well as one on the Siesimitoad EX. Active Yveltal so it may be more difficult for Yveltal EX to attack and hit the big numbers. They will then have to attach a DCE to any pokemon just to attack. I would rather get attcked by Mewtwo EX than an Yveltal EX. The Seismitoad Ex so they can just come out and quaking punch you right back and Seismitoad EX is uasually the Yveltal EX/ Seismitoad EX preferd starter.

Vom said:
Round 1: I'd get both Virizions. Even if they do get another one, it will still take them forever to set up.

Round 2: The active Yveltal and the Toad. You want to prevent your opponent from using Evil Ball/Quaking Punch anytime soon.

Just want to add that the Yveltal player does play DCE...and can still Evil Ball next turn.

If your opponent can get off two Emerald Slashes onto another, your Head Ringers are effectively nullified, so personally I would go with attaching onto the two Virizion.

With the Yveltal, I'm assuming the two Yveltals are EXs not Basics. I think this matchup really depends on what techs you have in your deck. Are you item heavy? Do you have much disruption (i.e. Enhanced?). Personally I would put one of the Yveltal, since Yveltal does more damage than Mewtwo, and if you run energy disruption, you could bait DCE with the Ringer to get a Turn 2 attack. The other Ringer I would place on either the other Yveltal, or the Toad. The Toad I would /normally/ because most of my decks are item reliant.

Back