Where to buy in USA?

RE: How to use Pokemon Shopping sites, and where to go.

Warning about Troll and Toad:

I recieved 12 Virizion (7 RH) recently, and quite a few had edgewear, 3 had noticeable bends, and none were shipped in sleeves. Two days later they have still not responded to my costumer service email. Be careful with them.

I believe GatheringGround should be added. However, I've had a very bad experience with them. After getting back into the game after Nationals last year, I bought Yanmega Primes from them for 30 dollars a piece. They gave me order confirmation, then a day or two later, they told me the item was out of stock and would not be shipped. They never listed it as out of stock on their website. And what's more, the day after they emailed me saying they wouldn't ship the item, they raised the price on the card to 55 dollars a piece. Obviously it wasn't ever out of stock, and they just wanted to make more money off the cards. I e-mailed them asking about this, and they never responded.

They did the exact same thing to somebody else I know who bought them on the same day.

I suggest everybody steer clear of them. I know I'll never buy from them again.

Collector'sCache is another one you could add, but I've never bought from them.

Good thread, though. Although the second option on the poll could be a little more descriptive. Lol.

CC should be added.

I recently bought from GatheringGround, and they are really cheap. I haven't had any problems (yet : P).

The second option on the poll is very descriptive :p

Okay guys, I realize the second option is blank. I typed in "No." and hit Submit, but for some reason it left it blank. Pokebeach in and of itself just despises me. :rolleyes:

I fixed it for you. I'm not sure what went wrong.

Fraxureking said:
Hey!
I live in the UK, and Chaos Cards has helped me alot. The cards aren't too expensive, and the Boosters are soo cheap! The cards come in practically Mint condition too!

I'll vouch for them and Amiami as well, they're my first port of call for each language.

I also wish to recommend chaoscards

http://www.chaoscards.co.uk/pokemon-c11/booster-packs-c13/pokemon-pokemon-black-white-next-destinies-booster-pack-x5-p13350

as soon as I get paid, I'm buying 2 of the above.

This was extremely useful. Next time I decide to buy cards, I'll remember this thread and compare a bunch of different prices. Thanks so much, this way I can be more wise with my spending :x.

The Yoshi said:
This was extremely useful. Next time I decide to buy cards, I'll remember this thread and compare a bunch of different prices. Thanks so much, this way I can be more wise with my spending :x.

Thanks! That's what I like to hear! :D

i'm from Singapore so which site would you guys recommend to me?

Toy Wiz
This site is bigger than BB Toy Store, but more expensive with their pokemon toys/plushies. Prices here are exponential compared to many other sites, but it has much better pokemon toy selection. It has the highest quality in general toys/plushies, but quality comes with a price.

how is their quality for their pokemon cards? the description is all about toys and plushies only.. I don't mind paying slightly more for efficiency in delivery and qualities in cards..

I used to order off of pokeorder but had a similar issue of buying yanmega primes for $20 and them cancelling my order and claiming to be out of stock. I buy cards at pokecardsonline, really cheap prices, cards are well protected and in good condition. I received a 5% off promo code: WINTR12 that I think is good starting tomorrow.

shiwei87tan said:
i'm from Singapore so which site would you guys recommend to me?

Toy Wiz
This site is bigger than BB Toy Store, but more expensive with their pokemon toys/plushies. Prices here are exponential compared to many other sites, but it has much better pokemon toy selection. It has the highest quality in general toys/plushies, but quality comes with a price.

how is their quality for their pokemon cards? the description is all about toys and plushies only.. I don't mind paying slightly more for efficiency in delivery and qualities in cards..

I'm from Singapore as well and I've had no problems with cards from Prof-Oak.

I have bought from ToyWiz, GatheringGround, Collectors Cache, Ideal808, Collect and Save and others

sendoh said:
I'm from Singapore as well and I've had no problems with cards from Prof-Oak.

Ok.. I shall take a look at prof-oak.. Btw since you are from SG as well.. Do you know any where that sells cheap pokemon singles? The only place I know is only at dhoby ghaut..

If a website doesn't deal directly in American dollars, I don't post them. Sorry yall.

You may want to add Dave and Adam's Card World to the list. I hear they're an excellent place to get reasonably priced boxes (and often have a whole bunch of different ones in stock) but from personal experience I would not recommend buying singles from them. Everything is listed as Mint, but I ordered some cards that were clearly not Mint, under standard T&T quality (edgewear, lots of scratches, one with a little crease) and they refused to accept the return, claiming that the cards I returned were not the cards they sent me even though I had literally done nothing except remove them from the toploaders, examine them, and put them back and return them. Poor customer service, and I expect that I'll have to file a claim with my credit card company. Shipping is also expensive.

On the other hand, I have always had good experiences with Professor Oak. When he says Mint, he means it - the absolute worst that I have gotten from him is a few minor holofoil scratches, and his level of customer service is unparalleled. He is also a one-man business, which is pretty incredible considering how much he has in stock and how quickly he responds to questions. Prices are high, naturally, but quality matches the price. If you wait until his dynamic prices fall to 60% of the full price, which happens naturally over time, you can get some great deals.

T&T's quality is subpar, I have received some cards with minor creases and tons with edgewear and a lot of scratches, especially with collectibles. Put it this way - if you bought T&T's cards and tried to sell them to Professor Oak, he would not accept the majority of them. However, T&T does have solid customer service, although it may take a few days before they respond. I expect that from a company of their size, though. They ~used~ to have good prices on some collectibles, but over the past few months the prices have skyrocketed. Many collectibles that were much cheaper at T&T than Professor Oak in the past summer are actually cheaper at Oak now, and you'll get better quality to boot. 99 cent shipping for up to 99 cards is a great deal.

I think you should put up sites that deal in currencies other than American dollars. Pokémon is international, of course, and I think this topic could benefit from places around the world that would be more convenient for non-American customers.

Celebi23 said:
I believe GatheringGround should be added. However, I've had a very bad experience with them. After getting back into the game after Nationals last year, I bought Yanmega Primes from them for 30 dollars a piece. They gave me order confirmation, then a day or two later, they told me the item was out of stock and would not be shipped. They never listed it as out of stock on their website. And what's more, the day after they emailed me saying they wouldn't ship the item, they raised the price on the card to 55 dollars a piece. Obviously it wasn't ever out of stock, and they just wanted to make more money off the cards. I e-mailed them asking about this, and they never responded.

They did the exact same thing to somebody else I know who bought them on the same day.

I suggest everybody steer clear of them. I know I'll never buy from them again.

Did you get your money back? If you didn't, then they've done what is essentially theft, and you could sue them or report them to their local police.

Ophie said:
I think you should put up sites that deal in currencies other than American dollars. Pokémon is international, of course, and I think this topic could benefit from places around the world that would be more convenient for non-American customers.

Did you get your money back? If you didn't, then they've done what is essentially theft, and you could sue them or report them to their local police.

No, sorry. I post American currency sites only.

Also, I investigated Dave and Adam's card world. I found it too lacking in the area of pokemon to put it on the best list.

omahanime said:
I have bought from ToyWiz, GatheringGround, Collectors Cache, Ideal808, Collect and Save and others

I already have ToyWiz up there, but I added Gathering Ground and Collectors' Cache. I rejected the other two.

How good is Troll and Toad for Sealed Booster Boxes? I pre-preserved my Next Destinies box from there

They're generally pretty average. You may want to look at the shipping, though. I pre-ordered some cards and in the fine print it said they weren't being shipped til mid-March.

Back