What's the rarest card?

Seismitoad537

Pokemon Master
I'm curious if you guys know. I'm not completely sure what the rarest is, but here's some ideas.

displayimage.php

It's a Pikachu Illustrator. Only 6 were made and they were given out after a Japanese contest. One sold for $20,000.

16_Espeon_STAR.jpg

It's Espeon (Star). It's in the Pop 5 series. It is the last star card to be made (along with Umbreon). There are only two for sale on eBay: one is $450 (English) the other is $2,499 (Japanese).

Umbreon-Star_-Espeon-Star-E-Sceptile-Pop-4-sls-3461393433_112012.jpg

Umbreon (Star). 2 available on eBay. One is $650 (English) and another is an auction currently at $75 (English).

Either Illustrator or Prerelease Raichu. There's pretty much no debate past those two.

why are those Espeon and Umbreon cards worth so much?

another big $ rare item is a unopened pack of the Kids WB Kids creator cards those packs go for near 200$ for just 5 cards cus you had to be involved in the contest to get those packs.

The Espeon and Umbreon that are mentions are PSA graded :p

As for the rarest cards, it can be broken down between the Japanese realm and the English realm. However, most of the Japanese cards tend to be the rarest overall, even over the English cards.

For the Japanese, some of the rarest cards are:
1998 Pikachu Illustrator
1997 Pikachu #1, #2, #3
1998 Pikachu (Lizardon) #1, #2, #3
1998 Pikachu (Kamex) #1, #2, #3
1999 TMB #1, #2, #3
1999 SSB #1, #2, #3
1999 SNAP Best Photo Contest
1998 Kamex White 'R'
1998 Parent/Child Kangaskhan
1998 University Magikarp
1999 Tropical Wind
1999 TMB Articuno, Moltres, Zapdos
1999 Pre-Release Raichu
2000 9th Lucky Stadium
2001 Neo #1, #2, #3
2002 Battle Roads #1, #2, #3
2002 Battle Roads Elite Four Trainer
2005 Champion's League
2005 Championship Arena
2010 Master's Key

As for the English realm, some of the rarest cards are:
PreRelease Raichu (Yes, it exists for you skeptics)
2004 to Present World Championships 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place Trophy cards
1st Edition Base Set Charizard

After those, cards dwindle down to around the $100-$150 mark. This is compromised mainly of error cards, such as the No Stage Blastoise, 1st Edition Ivy Pikachu, Phantom Pikachu, No HP Dark Persian. The Upside-down WB movie promo is slightly above these errors, but still hovers around $150.

Also, there are a ton of unreleased WoTC cards that have recently surfaced that are worth quite the amount. One of these types of cards is a "For Position Only" test card. You can find more information here. These cards sell for upwards of $300 each.

EDIT: Forgot about the English SAMPLE set.

The Espeon card is a 50 000 point reward from the Daisuki Club I believe ? :p (The one that costs 2,500$ on eBay)

Daelum got most of them but I'd add Flareon Play and the Daisuki Eeveelutions and Master Scroll as they all go for 250$+

You could add the Illustrator Design contests cards as well as the pokemon snap cards - those cards are super cool.

You are a bit mistaken. Umbreon and Espeon * pop cards are worth around 75. I am lucky enough to own the real gems: Player Club Promo espy/umbre *. These are worth thousands of dollars.

Its gotta be pre release raichu, illustrator pikachu, and someday, unopened ancient mew

pokemoncatcher said:
Wow I take there are not to many of these babies around then.

I heard there are like...6 maybe? A few normal raichu accidentally ended up in the thing that stamped pre release on the card so they weren't even supposed to exist

Jay said:
You are a bit mistaken. Umbreon and Espeon * pop cards are worth around 75. I am lucky enough to own the real gems: Player Club Promo espy/umbre *. These are worth thousands of dollars.

Not really thousands. Espeon is under $1k, and Umbreon isn't much over. The whole Play set would run you probably $2.5k - $3k

Prerelease Raichu without a doubt.

Why would Umbreon* and Espeon* be worth much? WOuldn't they be the normal * card price, ~$50?

Back