Pokemon What was your first Pokemon card/game?

My first card was a Sabrina's Slowpoke. My best friend gave it to me. My first game owned was Sapphire, but my first one played was Red Version.

I watched a friend play Blue, and then played Silver although I didn't actually own it. That would have been Sapphire.

Pokemon Yellow was my first game. I played it around 2004 after watching the anime for a bit since my brother played the games. He gave me Yellow to start and it all went downhill from there...

1st Pokemon card: Base set Magnemite (later traded it for a Pikachu card, if memory serves me right it was a Jungle set Pikachu)
1st Pokemon game: Red/Blue

Oddly enough, my first Pokemon card was a Staryu and a water energy in 3rd grade given to me by a friend to start building a collection. Funny, at first I thought energy cards were valuable and didn't know what holographics were. My first game was Red version!

My first pack was of Crystal Guardians, which to this day is still my favorite set. I got a treecko and a Kyogre EX.
It was pretty awesome.

I'm not much of a Card player, aside from earlier clueless attempt when things were first introduced...

The games on the other hand I do remember.

My first ever game was Pokemon Red but I can't recall my first ever starter but it's between Charmander and Bulbasaur. I think I had two runs if I'm not mistaken. One that my Charmander suffered from Brock & Misty a lot, and I had to really on Pidgeotto (Best starter bird 2nd evo design to date) to trouble Brock but was unaware of the type disadvantages that much. On the other hand, with Bulbasaur I was like pew pew on them.

However, I clearly remember my Silver game because I still have it. My starter there was Totodile and that game did stick in my head for years.

The first card that I owned was the holographic Machamp that came with the starter deck.
My first video game that I actually owned was Yellow version. I got it for my 7th birthday back in 1st grade (~September 2000). I vividly remember getting Pikachu to level 100 and being ecstatic.

1st pokemon game was pokemon yellow version. I think my first actually card was one of those card sheets from BK for the first movie. Ahhh memories.

My first card was a Squirtle from the Base Set. I got a pack from a friend when his parents bought him a ton from a store down the street from our neighborhood. The first card i saw out of that pack was the Squirtle which is also my favorite card!

My first game that i owned was Pokemon Yellow

Pokemon Blue was my first video game
My first card! This card was mesmerising to me when I was a child. I loved everything about it.

My first card was a Team Magma's Baltoy I bought at a card machine that ripped off all the boys in the yard. On the next day at school, I lost it :(.
My first game was Ruby and Sapphire at a 112-in 1 cartridge, but because the save function broke after a few days, I stopped playing it shortly thereafter. But ever since I bought a (working) Heart-Gold, I play the video games once in a while.

I remember my first cards or should I say booster packs. It was 1999. Pokemon of course was big in America by now and I like many others I was caught in it's storm. Back then mostly everyone just collected the cards for the hell of it. But I did see those original beastly Mewtwo decks in play. Anyway, my first booster packs....me and my old buddy Victor use to stop at a 7-11 every morning on the way to school. (We both were 8 yrs old) Every morning either me or him bought a pack or packs....this was around Jungle but you also had Base Set too.

I was sort of the poor one out of us so I could only afford a pack or two every week or two. Victory though he always brought $20 with him and back in those days that could buy you a decent amount of packs. No matter what we always split what we bought between each other. So....very early me and Victor as far as card collecting goes were top dogs on the playground. This cycle happened until 2000 when I left my old school and lost contact completely with Victor but hey from Base Set to Team Rocket we were the Pokekings at Roberts Elementary.

I also remember my first ever Structure deck which was the "Blackout" structure deck that came out when Base Set did. The only reason I remember is cause that year my father's girlfriend at the time had gotten a 8,000 + income tax check and we all were at Wal-mart buying groceries.

I don't remember getting any kind of pack ever, but I do remember my first video game was Sapphire and Ruby for the Advanced back on my 10th birthday, so almost nine years ago. Best part is I still have my Blaziken from my first game.

Back