Pokemon What was your first Pokemon card/game?

MountainDrew

Wishes Mega Umbreon would exist
Sup guys I didnt think there was a thread for this, so I decided to make one. Anyway what was your first Pokemon card/video game? As for me my first Pokemon video game was Pokemon yellow back in 2003 which I got at a yard sale for a buck, and my first Pokemon card was base set Machoke back in 2002 which I got from my friend on the bus.

StarlightSearcher

The Blonde Brainiac
Forum Mod
Advanced Member
I don't recall my first Pokemon TCG card, but I know my first game was Pokemon Red (and I got a aqua Game Boy Color) for Christmas in 1998.

PMJ

happy thoughts
Forum Head
Articles Head
Elite Member
Advanced Member
First card I had was two packs of base set. Pulled Hitmonchan and Chansey and felt like a boss.

First game I owned was Silver, but I played my friend's Red version beforehand and fiddled with roms so I knew the ropes

It was funny, I didn't know you could only have one save file so I ended up overwriting my friend's file (he had four badges).

Metalizard

Aspiring Trainer
First card was actually a theme deck so there's not really a first card but the theme deck was Wildfire of Base Set and since it comes with Charmeleon and Charmander, I consider them the most important ones...

First game I actually owned was Platinum. But the first game I fully played was Sapphire. Yet, I played a bit of Red when I was younger so I know the games since they first came out...

EDIT: I think the thread could be about other things besides the cards and the games... More like, what was the first thing you ever got, Pokémon-related? For example, in my case, the first thing I got of Pokémon was a Nidoking sticker (the stickers were round-shaped and the background was a pokéball with the pokémon in front of it; those were popular at the time)... As such, I have a special care about Nidoking, it's one of my favorite pokémon ever since I got that sticker...

Machamp The Champion

TCG Articles Head
I was too young to remember my first card. I think my Brother and Sister gave me the 2 player starter deck thingy from Base Set, the one with Machamp (everything makes sense now :O). I still have that Base Set First Edition Machamp displayed on my desk. As you can probably guess, it looks terrible.

My first game was Yellow, and I sucked at it because I was, like, 3 years old. I remember beating Lt. Surge, and then my battery died before I could save, and I quit because I really didn't feel like beating him again.

omahanime

Come and visit me.
Elite Member
Advanced Member
Take a wild guess.

Base set.
Red and Blue.

Did you guess right?

Seismitoad537

Pokemon Master
First video game was Leaf Green..which soon expanded to Pokemon Yellow, Emerald..and so on. First card, I believe, was a Numel from the Power Keepers Expansion. My mom bought me one pack and I kept making her go back for more!! From there, I have built my collection up to almost 800 cards (I would have close to 1,100, but I sold like 300 cards on eBay a couple years ago; I was trying to get out of Pokémon [big MISTAKE])

PsychedelicBreakfast

We can live beside the ocean leave the fire behind
I still remember my first booster pack, only because it was the only 1st Edition Base booster I bought. It sucks because Clefairy Doll was my rare. =\ Other cards from the pack were Nidoran, Voltorb, Wartortle, and I don't recall the rest, and I don't want to check.

First game was Red or Blue. I forget which one I got first. I think Red.

debugs

We were all born to die!
My first Pokemon game was Pikachu Yellow version. My first card was a Fire Energy.

Chariblaze

When you add it all up...
First game: I played a bit of Gold first, but Red was the first I played a lot and ended up owning. Both were my cousin's.
First card: No idea! Ended up getting two small binderfuls of Base Set, Jungle, and Fossil stuff, also from my cousin.
Weirdness: Google Chrome suggests "wonderfulness" when spell checking "binderfuls".

Luckyfire

Aspiring Trainer
First card was a Magikarp. Huh, explains why I suck at games. :p

First game was Platinum. I picked it out instantly from the store.

SheNinja

Aspiring Trainer
Magikarp lol. How would that make you suck? Magikarp is OP.

I can't completely remember, I was something like 3-4 years old.

Pokemon Crystal! The Game I couldn't get past the 3rd gym with a high-leveled Charizard!

SkyeVictini

Seriously, calm down.
I don't exactly remember what my first card was, but my first pack of cards was from Base Set 2 Unlimited.
First promo was Mewtwo packaged with the First Movie VHS.

My first Pokémon game was Yellow. Could never get past the 1st gym. Still haven't and it's dead so I never will. :(