XY What types of new moves/move buffs/move nerfs are you hoping to see?

Mitja said:
From a technical viewpoint it really is redundant. But Snow Cloak, Snow Warning...and travelling areas where it clearly snows...it makes much less sense to have hail instead of snowfall for all those things.

They can as well just rename it to snowfall, if adding making them into 2 effects is really too much..

That's not really a major issue, and certainly not one worth making an entirely separate weather effect for. They could rename it, but then they'd have to explain the falling Hail.

Mitja said:
And Sunny Day does what then?
It surely doesn't move the sun inside the cave either, so why would the opposite move have to control motions of celestial bodies instead of simply causing the effect..

I find it harder to imagine a casual shady Pokemon magically blocking out the sun, than magically darkening its surroundings..

Both are unrealistic (well you could use some sort of smoke now that I think about it, or summon dark clouds), except that Eclipse actually makes it sound legendary and epic, when its supposed to be just the opposite of Sunny Day.

Daylight =/= Sunny Day. You can battle during the daytime and it could still not be sunny, it'd be no weather at all. All Sunny Day does is strengthen sunlight. Likewise, nighttime would not affect the battle either, it'd still be no weather. Eclipse, on the other hand, would be the opposite of Sunny Day, you'd be weakening the sun by obstructing it.

Bolt the Cat said:
Mitja said:
From a technical viewpoint it really is redundant. But Snow Cloak, Snow Warning...and travelling areas where it clearly snows...it makes much less sense to have hail instead of snowfall for all those things.

They can as well just rename it to snowfall, if adding making them into 2 effects is really too much..

That's not really a major issue, and certainly not one worth making an entirely separate weather effect for. They could rename it, but then they'd have to explain the falling Hail.

Mitja said:
And Sunny Day does what then?
It surely doesn't move the sun inside the cave either, so why would the opposite move have to control motions of celestial bodies instead of simply causing the effect..

I find it harder to imagine a casual shady Pokemon magically blocking out the sun, than magically darkening its surroundings..

Both are unrealistic (well you could use some sort of smoke now that I think about it, or summon dark clouds), except that Eclipse actually makes it sound legendary and epic, when its supposed to be just the opposite of Sunny Day.

Daylight =/= Sunny Day. You can battle during the daytime and it could still not be sunny, it'd be no weather at all. All Sunny Day does is strengthen sunlight. Likewise, nighttime would not affect the battle either, it'd still be no weather. Eclipse, on the other hand, would be the opposite of Sunny Day, you'd be weakening the sun by obstructing it.

True it can be day and rainy, day and cloudy, day and hazy. So it's not much of a clarification. Eclipse sounds sleek and powerful. Plant moves should be weakened (plants need sunlight)

Ice types are few and far between, and have serious weakness issues so I don't see there being a problem to have Snow and Hail. They are separate weather events.Snow Cloak and the other abilities can just work for both and the weather can even be both.

This leads me to the next thing: more than one type of "weather" at once. Depending on the type of weather, more than one can go on at the same time.

Possible Combinations:
-Hail/Snow
-Sandstorm/Sunny (desert climate)
-Rainy/Night
-Hail/Night
-Sandstorm/Night

Sunny Day and Eclipse would cancel one another out or just replace each other.

Mitja said:
-Paralyze Spikes
-Burn Spikes

Hell no. Not on my watch.

frostwind said:
Actually I wouldn't know what to do with Severe Freeze, outside of the Frostbite idea already posted.

There also needs to be more moves for Steel and Ghost types. Steel types really don't get much outside of Iron Head and their only Special Attack option is Flash Cannon. Ghost types need a stronger version of Shadow Ball, maybe one like Flamethrower/Thunderbolt/Ice Beam, but with a chance of confusion? They could also have a Haunting move, where after they faint, the opponent that knocked it out loses HP every turn.

Destiny Bond :p

sillykyle said:
Mitja said:
-Paralyze Spikes
-Burn Spikes

Hell no. Not on my watch.

AHahah why not? :D

You could only have one status-causing kind of spikes on the field. And at least the burn ones would be absorbed by sending out a Fire pokemon, like is the case with Poison for Toxic Spikes.

I was also hoping they'd get a nerf along the rest of spikes by only lasting a specific number of "activations"...with status ones Id say 4 times or 6 if laid down by STAB pokes?

And its probably time for them to start adding alternatives to Rapid Spin..

They could do "bomb"-like entry hazards that only work once, but do a little more damage.

Also wouldn't it be hilarious fun to have a suicide move that uses *another* pokemon?

Like, instead of your pokemon exploding, it expends one of its team-mates to do a ton of damage. It'd just have to be a dark move. The darkest.

Signature move for some new cannon-like pokemon (launches other pokemon!)

Bogleech said:
They could do "bomb"-like entry hazards that only work once, but do a little more damage.

Also wouldn't it be hilarious fun to have a suicide move that uses *another* pokemon?

Like, instead of your pokemon exploding, it expends one of its team-mates to do a ton of damage. It'd just have to be a dark move. The darkest.

Signature move for some new cannon-like pokemon (launches other pokemon!)

You want lots of explosions!

The first one, could just be get back again and you couldn't Rapid Spin it unless your spinner is active. So about how much damage would it do? 25% maybe? You only need to use it once not like spikes which are thrice for you to get the KO. Poor Volcarona unable to survive all that. Spinners would have a hard time to get through all that damage. What would it not hit/hit for less damage?

The second one. Throws Blissey = OHKO.

Hot Coals
Fire
Other
Places hot coals around the enemy to inflict damage.

Fire version of Spikes/Stealth Rock,

Ysmir said:
Hot Coals
Fire
Other

LOL just had an idea.

What if sending pokemon out on the field when the battle takes place on water would work like a Water type stealth rock? xDDD

Throwing a Golem into the sea...whooops 50% HP gone.

I'd actually just like a small tweak to the damage formula to make Pokemon slightly more durable. I want to see defensive styles of play become more viable in the 6th generation.

Ysmir said:
Hot Coals
Fire
Other

I don't really like this idea of other type Stealth Rock unless it gets rid of the previous set. Otherwise Pokemon that are weak to these moves would have no health when it is sent out, especially with Spikes. Parasect is an example of why that would be a bad idea.

Thanks for all the responses, everyone!

One thing that I agree with is the inclusion of more physical moves that were special types and vice versa.

I also like the idea of moves which inflict status effects that seem unlikely for the type such as Scald. But I do not want to see nonsense of such things, such as an Ice-move that causes burn(wait...)

I would also like to see more High risk/reward moves such as Belly Drum, Curse, etc.

What do you guys think?

I would like to see some pokemon that have the ability/move to swap things like Spike, Stealth Rock, etc. to the other team. I think that may have been done before but it needs to be more prevalent.

frostwind said:
I would like to see some pokemon that have the ability/move to swap things like Spike, Stealth Rock, etc. to the other team. I think that may have been done before but it needs to be more prevalent.

Magic Bounce ability.

Yeah but that's only used a little bit. And I would like to see more pokemon take advantage of the ability, and maybe another one that works the same but for more common pokemon.

Magic Bounce has WAY MORE usefulness than mere hazard backfiring.

What we need is more moves that are made with the sole purpose of dealing with hazards, and can therefore also be more widely available.

Magic Bounce is an amazing and rare ability which happens to affect the hazards too, not a casual counter or something.

Bootortle said:
Ysmir said:
Hot Coals
Fire
Other

Parasect is an example of why that would be a bad idea.

Who uses Parasect anyway?

But yeah, I get what you're saying and I agree, it kind of makes particular type combinations inherently useless.

Bolt the Cat said:
Bootortle said:
Parasect is an example of why that would be a bad idea.

Who uses Parasect anyway?

But yeah, I get what you're saying and I agree, it kind of makes particular type combinations inherently useless.

Not as bad as if they made a Bug/Ice. 100 % HP is done already.

More special Flying and fighting type moves
More physical Ghost or psychic moves
I hope they bring back pokemon being poisoned outside of battle

Back