ORAS What Significance Could Alpha & Omega Have in OR / AS? - Groudon / Kyogre Designs

Aerodactyl said:
CMP said:
While it makes some sense, I'm not completely sold on the idea that Omega Groudon and Alpha Kyogre are Mega Evolutions (as opposed to just new forme changes). If they do turn out to be Megas, though, I like the idea of using the red/blue orbs instead of new stones.

I believe Latiosite and Latiasite have been found via hacking, so I'm not as sure regarding Soul Dew's effect, but that's neither here nor there.

Even if the're just form changes instead of Mega's, aren't they really just the same thing??? Like, they have slightly varied art with slightly boosted stats. Or is their a larger difference that I'm not understanding???

Yes, I believe Mega Evolutions are more akin to form changes (and not, as some believe, completely new Pokémon). Mega Evolutions are essentially Gamefreak's way of giving 25+ 'mons new forms without having individual (oft storyline-related) reasons, being covered instead under one blanket idea. However, Mega Pokémon do require two specific items -- the individual Mega Stone, as well as the trainer's Mega Ring. This can be important, especially since some Pokémon don't require a specific held item for the changes to occur. Additionally, Mega Evolutions are activated in-battle (with a choice of whether or not to do so), whereas most form/forme changes exist out of battle and the Pokémon in question will already assume that form/forme when sent into battle.

If the blue/red orbs are in fact implicated in these new formes, I agree that they would now likely be used as something other than Key items -- probably Held items. As Drohn pointed out, since the orbs were Key items in past games, they weren't able to be held...which I think could make a big difference in ORAS.

I think that Alpha and Omega are following on from the letter titles X and Y (at a time we had color titles, gem titles)
Also, I think these letters refer to the R/S Teams' symbols.
We can see Team Aqua's symbol under the Alpha on Kyogre's fins.
And we can say that the base of Team Magma's symbol is an Omega (which can be seen on Groudon's hands)
Thus, I think those Groudon/Kyogre forms are due to the stones represented on Japanese boxes probably created by the Teams.
But I don't think that they are Mega Evolutions because there are almost no changes on their design.

Palace Maven Spenser's cane has the same coloration and markings as Kyogre. I came up with a possibly unlikely idea that he'll have something to do with the new forms in the remakes.

Whoa!

I never noticed that before O_O

http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/d/de/Emerald_Palace_Maven_Spenser.png

Could he have more to do this time than sitting in the Battle Pallace?

Alpha and Omega could just be something continuing the letter theme in the games, you know. Take a look at X/Y. The letters have no significance except influencing the designs of the mascots. We may or may not get an alternate form; we may or may not see a remade region. What I believe is that the orbs will probably just react this time. The story itself won't change much-it's a remake after all, making a new story/world from scratch isn't something I'd expect for a remake.
In case we're getting Mega Evolutions though, I'm looking forward to see usurper Xerneas being taken down by Mega Kyogre in Ubers.

Confirmation of the new names of Groudon and Kyogre! They are called Atom Groudon and Atom Kyogre and are apparently some form of "atomic regression". No clue what that means but cool! Also they are technically "mega evolutions" but I dunno really as the actual thing has quotation marks around them.

ScorchingShock said:
Confirmation of the new names of Groudon and Kyogre! They are called Atom Groudon and Atom Kyogre and are apparently some form of "atomic regression". No clue what that means but cool! Also they are technically "mega evolutions" but I dunno really as the actual thing has quotation marks around them.

I imagine that means they'll function the exact same way as Mega Evolutions (equip them with an item that gives them an inbattle transformation), but with a fancy name (since they're not just any old form change, they're an important part of the story).

But aren't their new forms like pre-evolutions? Why else call it a form of regression?

Blob55 said:
But aren't their new forms like pre-evolutions? Why else call it a form of regression?

Well, no.
If they were pre-evolutions, they would be considerably weaker.
When they were at their prime, they were extremely powerful and had a different, younger look. Now they're older with the change of appearance and power. They're changing back to when they were more powerful, when they were younger.

98Greener said:
Blob55 said:

Well, no.
If they were pre-evolutions, they would be considerably weaker.
When they were at their prime, they were extremely powerful and had a different, younger look. Now they're older with the change of appearance and power. They're changing back to when they were more powerful, when they were younger.

Ah, it just made it seem like they'd be turned back into babies.

Anyway, I like to name them Kyogre Core and Groudon Core, as it looks like their insides (cores) are glowing.

ScorchingShock said:

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, not 'atom'. Also it's Primal Regression.
They were huge and Groudon apparently used to be Ground/Fire. Yay for 4x weakness to its rival. Man, why even bother Groudon go home.

Whitefire said:
ScorchingShock said:

Primal Groudon and Primal Kyogre, not 'atom'. Also it's Primal Regression.
They were huge and Groudon apparently used to be Ground/Fire. Yay for 4x weakness to its rival. Man, why even bother Groudon go home.

They were originally translated from corocoro as atom. This was posted before they were confirmed to be Primal.

New footage of the Primals on the japanese site!
Clips showing them use new signature moves

http://www.pokemon.co.jp/ex/oras/pokemon/04.html

Back