BW/BW2 What new HM's do you want to see?

SQUIRTLETamer08 said:
Please explain/show to me which parts aren't.
Ok. So, say I have apple. It fits into my bag fine. Now say I have 99 apples. There's a problem. My bag is not big enough. Because obviously, according to basic logic, if I have more than one apple, it will be represented by more than one apple. I don't have a problem with the game not fitting logic, but don't talk about how the game should be logical and then use examples that are obviously something that could only be true in a game.

Just get rid of Cut/Rock Smash as an HM and don't bring back Flash and I'll be happy.

cocowoushi said:
As I've said before, HMs should be changed to simply items you keep in your bag. Should you need to use said HM, the game does a check to see if you have a pokemon in your party which can use it. Then it uses it. You shouldn't have to have them learn it.

That makes a lot of sense. I like that idea.

Surf (and Strength) was the only good HM anyway, and they messed it up by making it hit your own Pokemon too.

Fiveoclock said:
This was said on a Pokemon fan-based website.

“Unfortunately, Pokemon do not follow you anymore. The upside to this however is that instead of HM type moves, Pokemon have a talent along with an ability. You still need to beat gyms to use certain talents, so you can’t catch a bird Pokemon and use fly right away. A new talent called “Saddled” allows you to ride certain Pokemon at the speed of a Bike, with the added benefit of making your Pokemon grow friendlier. As for HM moves with good usage in battle, they have become TM moves, so you can still hide using Fly. The Poketch also returns, with added phone functionality. You can also choose the screen’s color theme this time around; I prefer the Team Rocket red and black style.”

I don't know how legit the info is, since this was said a long time ago and Pokebeach hasn't reported on it, but I decided to say it anyway.

While that first part about pokemon not following you stinks, the fact that HMs could be replaced is a plus IMO.

i think it would be cool if you got a HM for pokemon like ponyta/rapidash/girafarig etc where you could ride them around isshu

Actually, I don't want new HMs, I want less.
You can easily cut those baby trees with shears, break a rock with a hammer, climb rocks with... rock climbing gear, see in the dark with a flashlight... I really only see the need for fly and surf, and maybe dive if it comes back.

Giuseppe said:
Actually, I don't want new HMs, I want less.
You can easily cut those baby trees with shears, break a rock with a hammer, climb rocks with... rock climbing gear, see in the dark with a flashlight... I really only see the need for fly and surf, and maybe dive if it comes back.

I agree, I hate having to teach my pokemon the crappy HM moves. I love teaching them the good ones. (Surf and Waterfall)

tyking16 said:
While that first part about pokemon not following you stinks, the fact that HMs could be replaced is a plus IMO.
Actually i think it is confirmed that Pokemon follow you. Also i think surf and fly coming back are sort of a given seeing as they have been in every game. http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/zorua.shtml

Playerking95 said:
Actually i think it is confirmed that Pokemon follow you. Also i think surf and fly coming back are sort of a given seeing as they have been in every game. http://www.serebii.net/blackwhite/zorua.shtml

A more recent serebii update shows that this isn't proof. Actually, it does the exact opposite, proving, at least probably, that pokemon don't follow you in Black and White.

Giuseppe said:
A more recent serebii update shows that this isn't proof. Actually, it does the exact opposite, proving, at least probably, that pokemon don't follow you in Black and White.

Sorry, my mistake. What update can you show me?

It's the most recent one, third sentence under "in the games department". There's also a video of it on PokeJungle.

It could be very nice with a return of Dive. It is so fun and mysterious to dive under the water.
It could also be nice with a new HM called Lavasurf, or something, that makes your pokémon able to create an energy plate, so you and your pokémon can surf on lava!

Blue Cobra said:
It could be very nice with a return of Dive. It is so fun and mysterious to dive under the water.
It could also be nice with a new HM called Lavasurf, or something, that makes your pokémon able to create an energy plate, so you and your pokémon can surf on lava!

well thats not a bad idea but i can improve that. u use surf on lava and whenthe wave hits the lava and the lava hardens to create a bridge.

Don't report this post. I'll leave this open for more discussion.

dmaster out.

i just want the hm's to be in the bag and once you beat a gym leader, and you have a pokemon that CAN learn cut, you can cut down trees without the crappy move.

Surfing over lava!!! XD
We've never had a fire-type HM before.
Of course, now with reusable TMs the only thing to distinguish them from HMs is that they can be used outside of battle. I like the idea of Psychic. I want powerful HM moves that don't feel like a waste of movepool space i.e DEFOG :C

imsocool4321 said:
Heatproof is an ability. And I don't get how that would help you surf on lava. :p

I forgot about the ability. Heatproof as in you could make a Pokemon surf on lava without getting hurt or burnt...

How about...Lava Raft? I don't want to say Lavasurf because that sounds too boring and usual.

I dont even remember seeing any lava spots on the isshu map so ya dumb HM. Personally id like to see the HM fly just being used in a different way, maybe with more user interaction involved.

imsocool4321 said:
I don't even remember seeing any lava spots on the isshu map so ya dumb HM.

Lava could be in caves, then again, there wasn't really any lava in DP either, just a suggestion though.

I think they should make HMs that are all moderatley strong, so my HM slave doesnt just have weak moves such as cut and rock smash that barely does any damage, and no more flash or defog, yu barely use them in the games and it gets sorta annoying cause yu have to give a poke at HM that thier only gonna need to use 1 or twice in the entire flippin game!!

Back