BW/BW2 What new HM's do you want to see?

imsocool4321

Dawn - Wutta Stunna! :P
Personally I loved Dive NOT being in Gen IV. It was stupid and a waste of time. Now for Gen V I would love to see an HM that allows you to move objects telepathically, very much like physic would if used outside of battle. It could be used to complete puzzles in game which would be loads of fun.... imo... so what do you guys think? :p

I think Dig should be an HM, instead of a TM. Any other ones would be Bounce, so you could move over objects in your way.

sturtle said:
I think Dig should be an HM, instead of a TM. Any other ones would be Bounce, so you could move over objects in your way.

That actually sounds sooooo cool! Great idea :p

imsocool4321 said:
Personally I loved Dive NOT being in Gen IV. It was stupid and a waste of time. Now for Gen V I would love to see an HM that allows you to move objects telepathically, very much like physic would if used outside of battle. It could be used to complete puzzles in game which would be loads of fun.... imo... so what do you guys think? :p

Sounds like Golden Sun. Errrr...yeah, it could work I guess. I do wish Pokemon had some more challenging puzzles. However, I think a lot of people are getting tired of HMs, me included. They're okay, but I really don't like being stuck with an awful move for most of the story (Whirlpool, Defog, Cut, etc).

If I was to think of a new one, how about a TM that freezes small pools of water making them traversable? (the water level could be too low for Surf, but expands upon being frozen)

[Edit] AND freezes puddles and makes them into movable blocks? (Wait, I'm influenced by Golden Sun with this...but hey!)

I really think that Dig should be an HM now to travel underground instead of having a kit to travel underground. It actually saves time and is easier. Make a Pokemon learn dig and then command it to use dig and then your underground. :)

Mangriff said:
Sounds like Golden Sun. Errrr...yeah, it could work I guess. I do wish Pokemon had some more challenging puzzles. However, I think a lot of people are getting tired of HMs, me included. They're okay, but I really don't like being stuck with an awful move for most of the story (Whirlpool, Defog, Cut, etc).

If I was to think of a new one, how about a TM that freezes small pools of water making them traversable? (the water level could be too low for Surf, but expands upon being frozen)

The water thing sounds cool, but no water is so small that surf won't work.

No more HMs, please! Defog was bad enough!!

I do love Dig though. But that's what Escape Ropes are for I supposed.

Mangriff said:

[Edit] AND freezes puddles and makes them into movable blocks? (Wait, I'm influenced by Golden Sun with this...but hey!)

Ya I agree, it sucks having to teach your pokemon some of the crappier HM moves. What would be cool if you could teach them the HM move but it didnt count as one of your 4 battle moves... somehow ... :p

As I've said before, HMs should be changed to simply items you keep in your bag. Should you need to use said HM, the game does a check to see if you have a pokemon in your party which can use it. Then it uses it. You shouldn't have to have them learn it.

cocowoushi said:
As I've said before, HMs should be changed to simply items you keep in your bag. Should you need to use said HM, the game does a check to see if you have a pokemon in your party which can use it. Then it uses it. You shouldn't have to have them learn it.
Ya thats a great idea and would work well. But you should still be able to teach your pokemon the moves if you want to. Like waterfall for example, its kickass and wouldnt like not being able to teach my gyarados that amazing move :p

imsocool4321 said:
Ya thats a great idea and would work well. But you should still be able to teach your pokemon the moves if you want to. Like waterfall for example, its kickass and wouldnt like not being able to teach my gyarados that amazing move :p
Or they could just create better moves instead of the HMs. ;) Or just have them be the same thing, just a different name. Then pokemon could learn decent moves OR make them TMs so that not everyone and their Ditto knows it.

i like the idea of the freezing hm although i would also like to see dive again i think that was an awesome feature in generation 3
so i basically think they wolud have all the necessary hms like fly and surf but i think rock smash and strength are a waste of time to have both they should delete one and put in an awesome new hm like the sychic one or the freezing one i think they are both awesome

Personally, i want to see dive again! it would be fun findin pokemon under the sea!
I also like the idea of dig instead of explorers kit. Fly could be you flying on the back of a pokemon through the air properly, like in that new ranger game ;)

How can you hate dive? I loved Dive. It was a nice idea but was unfortunately not put to its potential in RSE. I'd say it is pretty much guarenteed to be back by looking at the map. Those dark spots in the ocean just scream dive. After all, the Hoenn map had the same dark shaded oceans on the region's map. Looks very promising.

If they can just make something that makes its reappearance worthwhile, then people might be more open to it. Maybe like an underwater cave? You could enter it and walk around finding pokemon stranded in the cave. (they would be stranded inside the cave since the ocean covered it up over time, making it their new home. You could also find fossils there).

Another idea could be a sunken cruise ship. SS Anne? You'd be able to discover the sunken cruiseliner form Kanto, and find rare items, and maybe a pokemon left behind in its pokeball?

Of course just diving and find ing pokemon in the seeweed would be in as well. That was always fun. Hopefully they will have more pokemon catchable down there if Dive is indeed in the game.

These are just some ideas to give the HM Dive some life.

But to as what HM's I'd want to see-
Cut
Surf
Fly
Rock Smash
Rock Climb
Strength
Dive
Waterfall

It seems we get a new HM every generation, so as to what it could be, i have no clue.

Make De fog a tm like they did with flash.

konter_j8902 said:
I want to see fly become interactive.. Like a minigame or sometning

If it were optional, maybe. I would hate if you had to do a minigame to get from one place to another everytime. Waste of time.

cocowoushi said:

It is an amazing idea!!!I like it a lot!!!Really really great!!!I hate Hm`s.They are so annoying .I don`t want that my pokemon that have in the party learn that moves ... I hope in B/W will be like this

I'd like an HM that allows you to drill through solid objects (like the walls in caves) to open new passages. They should also consider boosting rock smash and cut's power.

They should get rd of useless HMs, like Dive and Defog. Also to stick wih the useful HMs, like surf, fly, strenght, etc.

I don't really care about the HMs as long as they include Defog. Add some more locations and a fog-inducing move and the usability is upped by 9001%~ :3

And dear God, no "getting rid of HMs" crap.
Seriously. It won't happen. <_<

Back