What Kind of Pokémon Do You Want to See in Sun & Moon?

I would love to see some sort of water mine / buoy Pokemon.

It's appearance would be round, similar to Voltorb except the thing would be dark grayish colour, covered in algae. It would have deep hollow black eyes and from it's bottom side there'd be a chain leading to the floor of the ocean. xD

Idk why I'm imagining this. Maybe because I am deeply terrified of buoys. But I guess a Pokemon like this would be cool. xD

It's appearance would be round, similar to Voltorb except the thing would be dark grayish colour, covered in algae. It would have deep hollow black eyes and from it's bottom side there'd be a chain leading to the floor of the ocean. xD

Idk why I'm imagining this. Maybe because I am deeply terrified of buoys. But I guess a Pokemon like this would be cool. xD

I was kind of hoping for a little more general of a mine Pokemon that could appear in not just water routes, but deserts as well. Maybe make it Steel/Poison, we could use that type combo right about now.

Personally, I just have a few wishes for pokemon to be added.

A wallaby and kangaroo Lucario clone being Ground/Fighting
Some dancing pokemon that stays in sync with the music
A cat or dog pokemon with lots of forms that are simply cosmetic to resemble cat and dog breeds irl.
A super powerful pseudo-legendary alligator snapping turtle
A bipedal dragon-type with an evolution or mega that turns it into a robot as a reference to Godzilla and Mechagodzilla

The one thing I wanted for last gen was a mermaid fairy pokemon, and they never...

F3cmfhB.jpg

Oh, hello. Assuming you're real.

But okay, then, how about a beetle pokemon that, for a change, looks like a beetle? Huh? you didn't make it in six generations, you'll never...

vikavolt.png

Oh, and you made it sleek, electric and fast, too.
I mean, Fine.

Ah, okay, I got it, I got it. How about a beautiful and elegant ice type? I know I have articuno, glaceon and aurorus, but there's still a long way to go before I can ignore nightmares like abomasnow or jynx.

alolanvulpix.png
alolanninetales.png

Ooooh. Okay! And it's fairy too? you shouldn't have.

lurantis.png

Oh, and you're even throwing in a sixties' pink grass-type mantis? Sure, why not. Love the pants.

So yes, I must (reluctantly) admit that, for how disappointed I've been by all the other designs, the ones that didn't disappoint me are things I like a lot... and ice ninetales (nicetales?), which I adore with all my heart because look at it.

You forgot about Breloom.
I honestly thought Breloom was based of a Pachycephalosaurus, and not a kangaroo?

Speaking of dinosaurs, for the fossils I'd love to see Therizinosaurus and Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus based Pokémon!

I honestly thought Breloom was based of a Pachycephalosaurus, and not a kangaroo?

Speaking of dinosaurs, for the fossils I'd love to see Therizinosaurus and Stegosaurus or Ankylosaurus based Pokémon!
Yeah, Breloom isn't a kangaroo. :p

TBH, I don't think I really want another kangaroo Pokémon. It's a common request, but I think that Kangaskhan is more than enough and represents it well. Maybe some of the charm has worn off because it was Generation I, but even still, I don't think another kangaroo Pokémon would be different enough without a random element shoved onto it somewhere. :U

Fossils have a lot of potential, though. I really want to see some more fossilised plants or even extinct elements (if those exist, ihani :x). Cradily is my favourite fossil besides the Amaura line, so having another fossil plant would possibly be something super special.

It IS a Kangeroo, since it jumps about like one. I don't think there are any Dinosaurs that are well-knows for bouncing around.

BTW, isn't the Cranidos line supposed to be Pachycephalosaurus'?

It IS a Kangeroo, since it jumps about like one. I don't think there are any Dinosaurs that are well-knows for bouncing around.

BTW, isn't the Cranidos line supposed to be Pachycephalosaurus'?
Yup, the Cranidos line is based of the Pachycephalosaurus. I think Breloom could be considered a mix between a mushroom, a kangaroo and a Pachycephalosaurus, since it kinda has elements of all three in it.

Back to topic though, I think another line of pitcher plants (or another kind of carnivorous plants) would suit well for Alola, as well as a volcano Pokémon since there's quite a few volcanoes in Hawaii :p

Yup, the Cranidos line is based of the Pachycephalosaurus. I think Breloom could be considered a mix between a mushroom, a kangaroo and a Pachycephalosaurus, since it kinda has elements of all three in it.

Back to topic though, I think another line of pitcher plants (or another kind of carnivorous plants) would suit well for Alola, as well as a volcano Pokémon since there's quite a few volcanoes in Hawaii :p
Isn't Volcanion a Volcano?

Isn't Volcanion a Volcano?
I don't think so. Volcanion's basis seems to be inspired by "lion-dogs," tanks and/or geysers. The only volcano thing about it, is its name.

Maybe the volcano Pokémon could be a combination between a volcano and a volcano rabbit?

Camerupt is a volcano and it isn't a legendary or starter.

I really want those shrimp that live in underwater volcanoes to be in this game, but the Pokémon world only seems to have above ground volcanoes.

Yeah, Breloom isn't a kangaroo. :p

TBH, I don't think I really want another kangaroo Pokémon. It's a common request, but I think that Kangaskhan is more than enough and represents it well. Maybe some of the charm has worn off because it was Generation I, but even still, I don't think another kangaroo Pokémon would be different enough without a random element shoved onto it somewhere. :U

Kangasskahn doesn't represent roos very well. Kangaroos are fast (when they aren't lazy) they jump, they kick. They are sleek, slender.

Kangaskahn is an ugly dinosaur thing and the only Kangaroo-feature it has is the pouch (which is a marsupial trait). It really looks more like an overgrown reptilian Tasmanian devil than a Kangaroo (except that it only has one baby in that pouch...that we know of)

A proper kangaroo pokemon should be a fast, physical fighting type. Possibly Fighting/Ground.

Breloom is more a kangaroo than Kangaskahn in my eyes.

No offense to kangaroo and dolphin fans, but I don't care if they never (or don't again) make Pokemon based on some of these animals that are already ingrained in pop culture and people's awareness. Every kid knows what kangaroos and dolphins are, and there doesn't need to be a pokemon analog for every popular animal. I love seeing new pokemon like Bounsweet and Bruxish and not immediately knowing what they're based on.

That said, I would still like those pokemon if they're taken in some unexpected direction. For instance, elephants and giraffes are really iconic, but Donphan and Girafarig are unique and kinda bizarre designs. In comparison something like Komala is a little too on-the-nose for me.

Prior to unveilings of new Pokemon, I would've said a red panda Pokemon without a doubt. Of course, that's now a thing.

Still hoping for an electric/dragon type that isn't a legendary or a mega, though. (I do like Zekrom and Mega Ampharos and all, but they're not exactly what I have in mind.) I'm still a bit bummed out that the rumor that Helioptile would evolve into being part dragon type was false. :(

Oh man, an electric dragon eel would be cool! Well, I mean if it were like a sea serpent especially! Now I totally want to see that! I do think it'd be better to see a Dragon/Fighting-type and a non-Mega Dragon/Fairy-type though, or another Dragon/Steel.

I like to see a humanoid final evolution, whose mega evolution could be a humanoid wolf, swan, or llama.

A corn pokemon is nice. So are some based on sporting equipment.

I would go the other way around to reference Michael Jordan, unless you are talking about him coming out of retirement and returning to basketball.

If anything a Pokemon should represent a young athlete's career, and evolve, like Eevee, into one of the following sports related Pokemon:

Association Football
American Football
Baseball
Basketball
Ice Hockey
Tennis

Another idea of mine, intern --> employee --> president. The way the Pokemon would look like is to find features that would make an intern, an intern, such as novice, starting out, etc. and make a visualization of it.

Most of the ideas in this thread are only animals and a few plants. I'm coming up with some "from left field" ideas.

If Gamefreak made a Pokemon that they can't visualize, because it isn't based on any real life thing, living or not, they can come up with some abstract ideas.
Wow. your ideas are interesting, to say the least. I got thinking about your intern->employee->president line, and i came up with an idea. maybe pure grass type? or grass bug? name them Mintern (Mint, intern, fern) and Grassidant (Grass, president, ant). as for employee, I'm not so sure about a name for it.

not sure about the design either...

I was kind of hoping for a little more general of a mine Pokemon that could appear in not just water routes, but deserts as well. Maybe make it Steel/Poison, we could use that type combo right about now.

I always imagined Qwilfish getting an evolution like that; a Steel/Poison water mine.

Maybe the volcano Pokémon could be a combination between a volcano and a volcano rabbit?
I've seen a couple of awesome fakemon that sort of resemble your suggestions. One was a Fire/Rock walking volcano creature, and another was a Fire/Grass chili pepper rabbit... *sigh*... sometimes I do wish GameFreak would consider adding some of the fan designs out there... they can be really, really awesome sometimes.

Last edited:
Back