XY What Cool New Pokémon / Evolution Do You Want to See in the 6th Generation?

RE: What cool new Pokemon/evolution do you want to see in the 6th generation?

Sky Pillar said:
professorlight said:
And how exactly would this other whales would be different from wailmer and wailord? there's not that many spins you could give to a whale. It will be always giant, it will always be water type, and there aren't too many different moves it would be able to learn.

When there's several pokemon based on the same animal, there's always major changes, focusing on other defining characteristics, changing types, moves, etc. there's just not many chances to do that with a whale.

Narwhals, Belugas, Sperm Whales, etc. we still have some unique whale designs to choose from.

On the subject:
I'd like a Water/ Dark Sperm Whale and for it to have a Water colossal squid version exclusive counterpart like Durant and Heatmor

No better, a water/dark sperm whale and a water/psychic giant squid like pokemon.

Shining Suicune said:
I want something that's totally out of left field. Like a Dunsparce evolution that's not a snake or something, but maybe a biped.

OhhhHHH gosh, no; literally anything but that.
Even the weirdest evolutions (Magikarp->Gyarados, Remoraid->Octillery, etc...) have some reasoning to them. I can think of absolutely nothing to justify Dunsparce becoming a biped. Augh, no.

Frezgle said:
Shining Suicune said:
I want something that's totally out of left field. Like a Dunsparce evolution that's not a snake or something, but maybe a biped.

OhhhHHH gosh, no; literally anything but that.
Even the weirdest evolutions (Magikarp->Gyarados, Remoraid->Octillery, etc...) have some reasoning to them. I can think of absolutely nothing to justify Dunsparce becoming a biped. Augh, no.

Dunsparce_Evo_Krilsparce.png

Does this not tickle your fancy?

Sky Pillar said:

It took my fancy out behind the shed and shot it three times.

Oh, and I just remembered: Tardigrades! Why don't we have a tardigrade Pokemon yet?
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H0E77TdYnY[/video]
Lotad's kiiiinda close, but not good enough.

Arami said:
I want to see an electric/dark type like this one.

tumblr_lh3na4rjTn1qg1lfko1_500.png

red panda =/= electric
i'm pretty sure the artist said they just made a random fakemon, but then again squirrel =/= electric either...

i'd very much so would like to see Pancham evolve into a red panda, even though it's related to raccoons and not bears.

FloodBadge said:
red panda =/= electric
i'm pretty sure the artist said they just made a random fakemon, but then again squirrel =/= electric either...

You know this is pokemon right? They can bend any concept into a type, bat's aren't venomous and primates can't swim but we have a water-type monkey and a poison-type bat.

Sky Pillar said:
FloodBadge said:
red panda =/= electric

You know this is pokemon right? They can bend any concept into a type, bat's aren't venomous and primates can't swim but we have a water-type monkey and a poison-type bat.

japanese monkeys bathe in hotsprings

vampire bats exist, and i can't find any other type that fits the effects of losing that much blood

As a matter of fact, none of the electric type pokemon are based on animals actually associated with electricity.

Eelektross isn't actually an electric eel, but a lamprey.

Stunfisk is mostly a flounder, with only some traits of an electric ray.

Electric catfish exist, but not the same kind of "iconic" catfish as Whiscash.

The majority of other electric types are mammals.

Arami said:
I want to see an electric/dark type like this one.

tumblr_lh3na4rjTn1qg1lfko1_500.png

That gives off much more of an Electric/Fighting vibe than an Electric/Dark... But either one of those types is good to me!

More wants:
-A Water/Bug type, one possibility I thought would be that it's a millipede with the body made up of bubbles
-A spider (Bug/Dark), for an evolution line I had an idea that it would start off as a spiderling, then the 'cocoon' stage would have a spider body but covered in web, with legs coming out and have its face uncovered, and then the last stage would be a large spider with some web still on it from the previous stage.
-A Psychic/Electric (if Xern isn't this type), which have cosmic designs
-A Steel lizard

Frezgle said:
Sky Pillar said:

It took my fancy out behind the shed and shot it three times.

Oh, and I just remembered: Tardigrades! Why don't we have a tardigrade Pokemon yet?
[video=youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6H0E77TdYnY[/video]
Lotad's kiiiinda close, but not good enough.

I would love that so much! I also love that show!

FloodBadge said:
Sky Pillar said:

vampire bats exist, and i can't find any other type that fits the effects of losing that much blood

Bathe =/= swimming, most mammals bathe themselves in some fashion

That doesn't relate to poison. They could have been normal/ flying and still give off their desired bat effect just like how Whimsicott isn't part flying but still manages to pull off a cotton spore vibe.

I really want a virus based pokemon. Maybe poison/dark type. I also want a psychic/dark type pokemon and a grass/dragon type pokemon.

Sky Pillar said:
FloodBadge said:
red panda =/= electric

I am pretty sure a monkey can swim if it wants to or if it knows how to, also the poison type bat (zubat line) are practically vampire bats and there is kind of a reason why you won't know the damn things are there until you wake up the next morning and see the wound (their saliva) and also the fact that their bits can cause infections and diseases probably helps with my point. An electric type red panda like pokemon would be awesome to see though.

Psychic Bats, Electrical Lions, and sorry Bog, Whiscash is Water/Ground, not electric, Fire Pigs, Drunk Pandas, etc.

Honestly i dont care about the current conversation, just pointing junk out. -poofs-

Raptor9229 said:
Sky Pillar said:

I am pretty sure a monkey can swim if it wants to or if it knows how to, also the poison type bat (zubat line) are practically vampire bats and there is kind of a reason why you won't know the damn things are there until you wake up the next morning and see the wound (their saliva) and also the fact that their bits can cause infections and diseases probably helps with my point. An electric type red panda like pokemon would be awesome to see though.

Technically you're right, they can swim but they are notably bad at it. Being able to swim hardly justifies giving it water-type, otherwise many other pokemon would have the type. Also just having toxic saliva doesn't make you anymore venomous than the next disease ridden animal. I'll admit my example was too close to true but the main idea gets across.

Sky Pillar said:
FloodBadge said:

Bathe =/= swimming, most mammals bathe themselves in some fashion

That doesn't relate to poison. They could have been normal/ flying and still give off their desired bat effect just like how Whimsicott isn't part flying but still manages to pull off a cotton spore vibe.

so most mammals take baths? i had no idea most mammals knew how to, or were even able to.

and whimsicott isn't flying because dandelions don't fly on their own. they need wind. hoppip's line is based off of leaves, petals, and dandelion seeds flying through the wind. cotonne is based off of cotton (who it's whiter), and whimsicott a dandelion, not a blown one.

FloodBadge said:
so most mammals take baths? i had no idea most mammals knew how to, or were even able to.

and whimsicott isn't flying because dandelions don't fly on their own. they need wind. hoppip's line is based off of leaves, petals, and dandelion seeds flying through the wind. cotonne is based off of cotton (who it's whiter), and whimsicott a dandelion, not a blown one.

They might have just meant that most mammals can swim? I dunno. I don't think bathing is enough to make something a Water type either way; I'm certainly not a Water type :y
Also, you might need to see an optometrist if you think Whimsicott looks more like a dandelion than a cotton ball:
Bales-of-Cotton.jpg

Let's be honest guys, you don't get electric mice, living rocks, rock snakes or dragons. Pokemon is allowed to be as unrealistic as it likes

Frezgle said:
FloodBadge said:

They might have just meant that most mammals can swim? I dunno. I don't think bathing is enough to make something a Water type either way; I'm certainly not a Water type :y
Also, you might need to see an optometrist if you think Whimsicott looks more like a dandelion than a cotton ball:
Bales-of-Cotton.jpg

so that's what cotton looks like irl...

but, from the start, i was talking about the monkeys in japan that take literal baths in the hotsprings. that's something no other wild animal in the world does naturally.

FloodBadge said:
Frezgle said:
Bales-of-Cotton.jpg

so that's what cotton looks like irl...

but, from the start, i was talking about the monkeys in japan that take literal baths in the hotsprings. that's something no other wild animal in the world does naturally.

Umm....

http://www.treehugger.com/slideshows/natural-sciences/its-bathtime-animals-and-their-unique-bathing-rituals-in-stunning-photos/page/2/#slide-top

Back