What Can Be Done to Improve PokeBeach Forums?

We have fixed them. The clans now have general discussion (Like the Champions now have the Sports thread) over in 'The Real World'
Pokemon trading now has "The Master Wi-Fi Thread"

Ok I have a small suggestion. Remembering how a lot of people on this thread complained that mods didn't know jack**** about the TCG and VGC, I thought of the idea of maybe having two more user groups. They could be called the "TGC Advisors/Experts/Pros/[Insert Custom Title]" and "VGC Advisors/Experts/Pros/[Insert Custom Title]". Anyways, the distinguished individuals in these user groups could help moderate the respective forum they belong to and could give good advice to newcomers who seek it. Of course, anyone who wants to belong in any of the two user groups would have to meet certian criteria, just like our professors do, that would have to be decided by the mods. I don't know, it's just an idea.

Most of our TCG and VG mods are highly skilled in the area they moderate. I think now more so than ever before, despite losing KG and LL. I really don't see the need for additional moderators at this time.

safariblade said:
We have fixed them. The clans now have general discussion (Like the Champions now have the Sports thread) over in 'The Real World'
Pokemon trading now has "The Master Wi-Fi Thread"

No that was not fixing them. That was making it worse. What I mean is what are your plans for creating space to allow room for these threads so they can be moved and unlocked? That is what I am talking about XD.:)

Ash, I don't think the problem was space, it was just that clans were unneeded. Just make a thread, and bam. The exact same thing as a clan, minus the joining the group and "members" (which, if you think about it, was also pointless). At first, I objected the nuking of Groups, but if you sit and think about it, they're really just threads. From what I've heard, the staff has no plans to "move and unlock" the Groups.
EDIT: Also, they were inactive. Look at the interval between Shiny Clan posts.

xxashxx said:
No that was not fixing them. That was making it worse. What I mean is what are your plans for creating space to allow room for these threads so they can be moved and unlocked? That is what I am talking about XD.:)

They have no plans for moving them. They had no activity, so they have all been moved into one big Trading thread.

Bring back the "card combo's" thread.

ie: the list f all known card combos- typhlosion prime+reshiram etc.

Don't those advertisements pay for the site? Also, I don't see why they are an issue in the first place.

All you guys need to do is make an account. You don't have to post after you make one. Just make one to view the forums without the ads. The ads for non members or not logged in members are there to pay for the website as members have stated above. Before you can make an account you need an email address to be able to make one XD. After that the ads will be gone. After you make your account check the box to stay permanently logged in. Only do this if you are the only person using the computer or if it is someone you trust will not hack your account. If you are afraid that someone will hack your account just don't check the box XD.:)

Or why not just stay away if you aren't a member? Most members make a account just to avoid the ads. Does it make sense? No. They are making bots who clog space for other members that actually post, and in the future, the browser that runs Pokebeach will be slower.

If you disagree with me, I was just trying to answer xxashxx's question. I'm not sure if it's a true answer. But it could happen someday. :)

So you are saying that a few tiny ads make people join?

People join to share there input and help other people.

Ads are just fine, plus they pay for the website. I'm guessing the site costs over $500 to maintain.

It was only a guess. Suppose we had members join to avoid the ads.

Now do you see? They could be bots anytime. :)

If they join to avoid the ads then the inactive user deletion that takes place once a month, or every 2 weeks I cannot remember gets rid of them and they have to do it again. We have that system to clean out bots and ultimately save space.

All I was saying was to avoid ads then to make an account and not post if you wish not to or you can post and help others but that is your decision though. Just trying to solve the solution if you don't want ads. It is not taking up space. As long as you only have 1 account then there should be no problems. That is the only way if you want no ads XD.:)

Uh...

I think if the people posted here in the first place to complain about the ads in the first place... it means that they already have an account. It just depends on whether they want to login or not.

I think we should have a Roleplaying Section. Not a Forum Games sect, but Roleplaying. All great Forums that I have been to have one.

Back