What Books are You Reading & What Do You Like About Them? Book Reviews Encouraged!!

RE: What books are you reading?

I could see people seeing it as that...I honestly don't believe that 100%.

I consider female characters being the main focus, but the majority of the chapters where character's actions are discussed are male. Even if you might think that and get turned off by that kind of thing, the deck itself deals with themes that aren't "girly" lol. The action is pretty tense, but I would give it a shot at the very least.

dmaster out.

I'm reading The Odyssey by Homer for Ren. English.
I'm not really reading it, i just watched the movie, went on sparknotes, and listened to my girlfriend talk about it.
;3

Legos, while it may not be the easiest thing to read, you are missing out on a classic that's actually halfway decent.

Mudkip- Really, I actually liked the Book Thief. I thought it was cool the way death told the story, however the end was a little too sad, even for me. I have not read Night, so I cannot comment on that.

As for my reading currently, I read I Am Number 4 and Tuesdays With Morrie over my summer break. They were both extremely good, regardless of the fact that my English teacher pretty much ripped both apart, mainly Number 4 because the authors (James Frey and someone else) were in it for the money, well, James Frey was.
Since they worked out their issues and got another book out, The Power Of 6, I am currently reading that, and so far, it is decent and a good start to the sequel. There is an improvement in the writing style, and I recommend it.

MrGatr said:
I am currently reading Maximum Ride, the only book in the world that I will ever read, and not get bored.
Haha, I read those when I was like eight, and I completely forgot what they were about. (Except the general concept, I know they're hybrids and stuff but the rest is kinda blank. I should re-read those.

pokemon99 said:
Just finished Theodore Boone 2 (The abduction)

Theodore.... Boone....

That was one of the only books I ever read that bored me to death. Ugghh

Right now I'm reading the Second Maze Runner. The only reason I am is because Darkvoid57 constantly talked about it. I figured Wynaut.

I finished reading Matched, and it's a good book if you liked The Hunger Games.

Just started reading The Count of Monte Christo. Good book... ;D

"American Gods" by Neil Gaiman. Really enjoying it, hoping the television show they make is just as good.

HypnoticLuxray said:
Haha, I read those when I was like eight, and I completely forgot what they were about. (Except the general concept, I know they're hybrids and stuff but the rest is kinda blank. I should re-read those.

Theodore.... Boone....

That was one of the only books I ever read that bored me to death. Ugghh

Right now I'm reading the Second Maze Runner. The only reason I am is because Darkvoid57 constantly talked about it. I figured Wynaut.

I actually like them a lot. What's boring about them?

@HypnoticLuxray
You should they are getting much better than before, I am stuck on the second book though, until V

I don't like English honors, I have to keep changing my book, I am now going to read Diamondback Cave.

The book is great, it is the third book in the series, Serpents tide. I have only read 10 pages, but it is pretty good. The text is like size 8, It takes 5 minutes reading 130 words a minute to read one page, I hate that, but the book is gread.

^Explain what that book is about, I don't recognize it.

Had to change again, Now I am reading the second book of Maximum ride, called Schools out forever.

Zero said:
Just started reading The Count of Monte Christo. Good book... ;D
I read a shortened version of that book before, loved it. I tried getting my hands on the real version, but to no avail. Eh, shortened version's good enough.
pokemon99 said:
I actually like them a lot. What's boring about them?
Eh, just not my style , I guess.
MrGatr said:
@HypnoticLuxray
You should they are getting much better than before, I am stuck on the second book though, until V

I don't like English honors, I have to keep changing my book, I am now going to read Diamondback Cave.

The book is great, it is the third book in the series, Serpents tide. I have only read 10 pages, but it is pretty good. The text is like size 8, It takes 5 minutes reading 130 words a minute to read one page, I hate that, but the book is gread.

I actually read the first six, I think. Like I said, I forgot mostly everything about them. I know I have at least the first one, probably a couple more, lying around my house somewhere. We'll see.

MrGatr. I have read that book, I really didn't like it. I am a Alien/ Paranormal activity freak. So I mostly read about Aliens and Paranormal activity, I only read about the non fiction alien books

I really want to read:

Area 51: America's most secret base.
Area 51: Alien Interview
Secrets of the unknown: UFO's
UFO's and the Alien presence.
The gulf breeze sighting.

I have been reading ones about Bigfoot, Slender Man, 3 Cloak Men, Moth Man & some of my favorite, La Zona del Silencio and the Brumuda Triangle.

I read alot about books about that stuff. Most of you will say reading that kinda stuff in a wast of time, but 99% of books that other people are reading, are Fiction and not helping anything.

Techdeck101 said:
MrGatr. I have read that book, I really didn't like it. I am a Alien/ Paranormal activity freak. So I mostly read about Aliens and Paranormal activity, I only read about the non fiction alien books

I really want to read:

Area 51: America's most secret base.
Area 51: Alien Interview
Secrets of the unknown: UFO's
UFO's and the Alien presence.
The gulf breeze sighting.

I have been reading ones about Bigfoot, Slender Man, 3 Cloak Men, Moth Man & some of my favorite, La Zona del Silencio and the Brumuda Triangle.

I read alot about books about that stuff. Most of you will say reading that kinda stuff in a wast of time, but 99% of books that other people are reading, are Fiction and not helping anything.

I don't see how you don't like it, it is in your alley, in some of the books, but I know a perfect book for you... You should read Daniel X... They are also great.

I am reading two books(Yes I can do that) Schools out, and the third book of Daniel X.

@HypnoticLuxray
I think there is E books available on the internet, If you can't find your books.

I'm reading A Separate Peace for AP Lit and also The Power Of Six (sequel to I am Number Four).

ESP said:
I'm reading A Separate Peace for AP Lit and also The Power Of Six (sequel to I am Number Four).

Power of Six was an amazing book, just finished.

I'm now reading Divergent, and when finished with that, I'm moving onto Gone.

Last book in Maze Runner series in October :D

Wow, English honors gave me a list of books that I must read...

The city of ember, is the one I am reading first, They all have urban settings, and then next term I have rural settings.

And is everyone reading I am #4, it is kinda weird, and different story structure than I am used to.

Mr. Gatr. Thank you! I'll try it, I am now reading Alien Abductions. :) I'm 14 but I really like that kinda stuff. :p

i just finished Dark Life by Kat Falls, soon i will be reading Fallout by Ellen Hopkins.

I don't know what everyone else thinks of The Power of 6, but I'm not too terribly far into it, and am finding it a little too close, plot structure wise to Cirque du Freak when those characters are wanted by the law for supposedly murdering people. I'll let you guys know when I finish it.

Currently, for school, I'm reading the Hunger Games and LOVING it! We were only supposed to read Part 1 by this Tues, but I will be done by then! Is it true that the rest of the series isn't as good?

Back