XY What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokémon based on?

RE: What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokemon based on?

I just remembered another fakemon that would make an awesome addition, a Ghost-type picture Pokemon... the base form resembled an old photograph from those instant photo making cameras from way back when, with a ghostly image on the front, that evolved into a wall-hanging painting, again with a ghostly figure...

Bogleech said:
Oh god you people can be freaking ridiculous sometimes.

I cannot believe anybody is bothered by the fact that a pokemon just happens to look like ice cream instead of another redundant, pandering anthro fox or cartoon dinosaur.

All pokemon are innately childish, ridiculous, absurd, impossible things. That is their entire appeal. No matter how hard you may want to deny it, you are attracted to pokemon primarily because of its absurdity and childishness. You are fans of a franchise where electric rats and flaming chickens are collected in vending machine eggs. An ice monster that accidentally resembles an ice cream cone is not, in any way, a stupider or less believable concept than any fire-breathing dragon, steel plated bird or a giant, intelligent insect with eye beams. Some of you are just stuck in an incredibly narrow, uptight, stuffy ideal of what's allowed to be considered "cool."

It's downright saddening how much modern fanboys and fangirls can hate on whimsy because they want to shoehorn everything behind some arbitrary line of what makes "sense." Who cares?

I hope Sixth gen finally gives us a fire/water pokemon and it's a crock pot full of chicken noodle soup with sunglasses and a skateboard named ChiknDudle just to shut people up about how ice-cream-shaped ice-monsters ruined everything forever.

Now that I've said it I really do want that as a pokemon that would be awesome.

Garbodor is just a pile of garbage

And why the hell do people keep saying this?

Here is a pile of garbage:

stock-photo-pile-of-metallic-waste-on-a-recycle-site-37622377.jpg

Here is Garbodor:

garbodor.jpg

You wouldn't even know Garbodor was made of trash if you weren't told. It's a bulky biped, roughly resembling some sort of stone or clay golem, with an underlying metal skeleton, a face like a shark's and it wears its prevolution's "skin" like a mask. There is no mistaking Garbodor for any other drawing of garbage or any other monster made of garbage. It's completely unique, thoughtfully designed and unmistakable at even a glance.

No offense but that kind of came off like a jerky or pissed off attitude. Sorry but I hope your okay :(

Anyway, I really don't think he meant any of the things he said guys. But if you did I am sure we are all offended and you too (considering you have been on the site as a member and I have seen you around and you've acted nothing like this).

Vanilluxe and the whole family are admittedly kind of ridiculous :p and it actually is just fine. I think we all love ridiclous Pokemon. It's what makes us the uber and awesome pokegeeks we are. I just think we need to get back on topic.

BTW, a ramen (fire-water) Pokemon would be f***ing sweet!

Also, I want an evolution for Kricketune, Lunatone, Solrock, etc.

I meant everything and I think it would be really silly for someone to get offended by it. It's just a tangent about cartoon animals in a children's game. That's all any of this forum and fandom is about :)

My friend Saturn drew my horrible pokemon suggestion:

chikndudle.png

(rest of her art, with includes some hilarious pokemon stuff: http://sixthrock.tumblr.com/tagged/my_art )

Bogleech said:
I meant everything and I think it would be really silly for someone to get offended by it. It's just a tangent about cartoon animals in a children's game. That's all any of this forum and fandom is about :)

My friend Saturn drew my horrible pokemon suggestion:

chikndudle.png

(rest of her art, with includes some hilarious pokemon stuff: http://sixthrock.tumblr.com/tagged/my_art )
Okay, well then you should know Pokemon isn't just a children's game and is based for people of all ages. Otherwise, the text in the games would be much more toned down, as a lot of children's games are more instructive. A lot about Pokemon games is strategy, and I'm betting 3 - 9 year olds would have a hell of a lot of trouble with it. Heck, even about all of us on here have trouble with the game, enjoy trading cards, making cards, and more is to it than just the pretty basic storyline. There, I'm done. I won't flame anymore :(

Continuing on with more Pokemon ideas:
. Headphones
. Branch
. Gameboy Color (Use AncientPower XD)
. Glass of Milk
. Vending Machine
. Boombox
. Television (Unless you count Rotom)
. Rotom with more type forms (because technically Rotom is Electricity and Gas, which if I'm correct are inanimate objects (or not, IDK))

GoobieDoob said:
[...]
[...]

That gave me an idea. Kind of ... backwards evolving. A laptop or a GBA or something, with using Ancient Power, it evolve "backwards" to an old fashioned PC or a GBC/classic GB xD It makes kind of sense, as the machine would get bigger and more intimidating by evolving.

Okay, well then you should know Pokemon isn't just a children's game and is based for people of all ages. Otherwise, the text in the games would be much more toned down, as a lot of children's games are more instructive. A lot about Pokemon games is strategy, and I'm betting 3 - 9 year olds would have a hell of a lot of trouble with it. Heck, even about all of us on here have trouble with the game, enjoy trading cards, making cards, and more is to it than just the pretty basic storyline. There, I'm done. I won't flame anymore

You completely misunderstand. When I call something childish I'm praising it. Childish is not the same as "immature." Childish means imaginative, lighthearted, fun, heartfelt, innocent, everything good and wonderful in entertainment. The opposite of a childish game is all that brown, gritty, ultra-realistic Microsoft barf that all looks and plays the same.

Pokemon is, however, primarily marketed to kids and the text definitely couldn't be any more "toned down." Everything in the games and anime has always been completely G-rated. Even Disney's Snow White was darker and more terrifying :p

GoobieDoob said:
Continuing on with more Pokemon ideas:
. Headphones
. Branch
. Glass of Milk
. Vending Machine
. Boombox
. Television (Unless you count Rotom)
. Rotom with more type forms (because technically Rotom is Electricity and Gas, which if I'm correct are inanimate objects (or not, IDK))
Isn't Noivern partially based off a boombox or a speaker/subwoofer at least? (look at its ears)

But anyway, I would love to see an electric type keyboard that evolves into a standard synthesizer or a vocoder, then into a massive modular synthesizer as a final evolution. That would be awesome.

Having body parts based on objects isn't the same as the pokemon itself being based on that object.

emmah said:
Bogleech said:
Pokemon is, however, primarily marketed to kids and the text definitely couldn't be any more "toned down." Everything in the games and anime has always been completely G-rated. Even Disney's Snow White was darker and more terrifying :p
pokemon x&y are actually rated PG.

You're confusing film ratings with game ratings. PG, in the context of games, is used in Australia to mean games that are intended for an audience of about 8-12. It's basically the same as America's E game rating and G film rating.

Frezgle said:
emmah said:

You're confusing film ratings with game ratings. PG, in the context of games, is used in Australia to mean games that are intended for an audience of about 8-12. It's basically the same as America's E game rating and G film rating.

umm... no im not confused at all.... the original quote stated "games AND anime" which would mean games AND movies... seperating them... into two categories, i only spoke about the games... sooo.... dont see how that shows im confused at all???

and also, a rating of 8-12 is not a G or E rating at all. That would consitute PG, seeing as it omits ages 1-7, thus NOT including "E for everyone"

EDIT: Not sure if thats how it is over in australia but i can only speak on what i know which is north american.

emmah said:
Frezgle said:

umm... no im not confused at all.... the original quote stated "games AND anime" which would mean games AND movies... seperating them... into two categories, i only spoke about the games... sooo.... dont see how that shows im confused at all???

and also, a rating of 8-12 is not a G or E rating at all. That would consitute PG, seeing as it omits ages 1-7, thus NOT including "E for everyone"

EDIT: Not sure if thats how it is over in australia but i can only speak on what i know which is north american.

The link you gave as evidence for Pokemon being PG was for the Australian rating system. Maybe you shouldn't link to things as evidence when you state outright that you don't know about them.
Pokemon movies have ALWAYS been rated G in North America, and the games have ALWAYS been rated E. Just accept the fact that they're geared towards kids and move on; there's nothing even wrong with them being that way.

^this is why bbfo and pegi are superior, it's just done by age.

Frezgle said:
emmah said:

The link you gave as evidence for Pokemon being PG was for the Australian rating system. Maybe you shouldn't link to things as evidence when you state outright that you don't know about them.
Pokemon movies have ALWAYS been rated G in North America, and the games have ALWAYS been rated E. Just accept the fact that they're geared towards kids and move on; there's nothing even wrong with them being that way.

LOL i have no problem with it being UNDOUBTEDLY a game geared towards youth (as im pretty sure i already said that), its not like we are talking about COD or something here. I didnt realize that i posted an australian link, i didnt mean to obviously. http://www.pokemon.com/us/pokemon-video-games/ i see here that its clearly rated E with mild cartoon violence etc

I never said there was anything wrong with it either, you need to calm yourself down behind your keyboard there hotshot.

That does not take away from the fact that 8-12 is not ..." Everyone" :p ( i know thats in reference to the australian rating but still, i think it may have some merit - maybe they have it right in terms of the game rating? who knows, the game isnt even out yet)
my 3 year old cousin would not be able to play such a game purely because he wouldnt be able to READ all that talking, the battling/walking around stuff itself would probably be easy, but he wouldnt be able to comprehend the story line in full, which is why dont PERSONALLY see it as something "everyone" can play. Pokemon is the type of game i'd categorize as a "mom i need help with this part" kind of game, and im not saying theres anything WRONG with that im just saying i dont think a 5 year old would be able to get the entire concept unless they were very smart little kid.

(that being said i dont even really condone kids that young playing too many video games, unless of course they were educational of some sort - its all too often i see children with their faces stuffed in video games that are not educational at all, or not even appropriately rated, when they could be outside playing or reading. js. )

Elite Stride said:
Because the personification of a piece of food is stupid. It's just a ridiculous idea to make food into Pokémon because then you are basically talking, giving commands, making friends, and training with a food product. If Vanilluxe was real I would be eating it, not catching it in a Pokeball. It just gets to a point where it's weird.

At least animals respond to human speech and interact emotionally.
Japanese people do this ALL the time. The personificate literally EVERYTHING, from vending machines to signs to computer programs (Vocaloid & several others) to companies (mascots) to food. Especially food.

For%20Food%20With%20a%20Face%20Contest__600_450_q50.jpg

vendingmachine06.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

Illu_KEI_Vocaloid_Hatsune_Miku-img4.jpg

87a05d12.jpg
What's so wrong with that?

Oh, and the only lazy inanimate Pokémon that come to my mind are Exeggcute, Grimer/Muk and maybe Cherubi. Saying that the ice cones or trash Pokémon or gears are uncreative just blows my mind. Just as creative as any animal based mon... they have design.

Oh my god, leafchu i remember that! ^

I kinda would want to see a cannon based Pokemon made but not a cannon as the whole body but more like its arms or something

http://nintendoeverything.com/122720/pok...c-ratings/

And i really dont think that this game is primarily targeted at children, Crayola treasure adventure, now THAT is directed towards children.

Pokemon is geared towards an older youth audience, not CHILDREN.... if it were so, there would be less dialog, there would be none of this talking around for hours about stuff-it would be direct and straight to the point. I disagree that the text couldnt be toned down more, im not a child myself and I even would like them to bring down the text, less talking more play !

"PG" normally denotes movies for 8-13 year olds. Children who can handle a few more mature themes, but still squarely in the "children" category. That's also pokemon's core demographic, and I don't see why that's controversial to say. There is nothing wrong with adults enjoying things made with children in mind first. Older audiences are still kept in mind a close second.

My only point is that pokemon is a WHIMSICAL franchise. Lighthearted, silly and cute, something anyone can enjoy. When older fans whine that a pokemon is "stupid" or "makes no sense" they apparently lack any sense of imagination or wonderment.

Teal said:
Elite Stride said:
Because the personification of a piece of food is stupid. It's just a ridiculous idea to make food into Pokémon because then you are basically talking, giving commands, making friends, and training with a food product. If Vanilluxe was real I would be eating it, not catching it in a Pokeball. It just gets to a point where it's weird.

At least animals respond to human speech and interact emotionally.
Japanese people do this ALL the time. The personificate literally EVERYTHING, from vending machines to signs to computer programs (Vocaloid & several others) to companies (mascots) to food. Especially food.

For%20Food%20With%20a%20Face%20Contest__600_450_q50.jpg

vendingmachine06.jpg

IMG_1623.jpg

Illu_KEI_Vocaloid_Hatsune_Miku-img4.jpg

87a05d12.jpg
What's so wrong with that?

Oh, and the only lazy inanimate Pokémon that come to my mind are Exeggcute, Grimer/Muk and maybe Cherubi. Saying that the ice cones or trash Pokémon or gears are uncreative just blows my mind. Just as creative as any animal based mon... they have design.

How did you forget ANPANMAN?

anpanman3.jpeg

This is one of the biggest, most beloved cartoon series in Japan, easily up there with Pokemon and Doraemon in fame.

The main characters are not only all food, but Anpanman's signature "superpower" is that his head, a bun filled with sweet bean paste, can be fed to people in need. He tears off chunks of himself to save hungry children or give strength to anyone who needs it.

The bakers who created him then have to bake a new head every time.

It's hilarious and magical.

There are even some creatures in ancient Japanese folkore who are edible, though I can't recall their names.

It's just absurd that anyone thinks a food-monster makes less sense than any other monster.

And how many times will people miss the fact that Vanilluxe only aesthetically resembles ice cream? It's really a living icicle, covered in snow. They've even shown vanillite in an official comic with all his snow blown off:

14vpb0j.png

They're ice creatures, which we've always had in pokemon with nobody complaining.

In fact, the largely accepted Glalie is also meant to resemble food. Its Japanese name, and its design, are both puns on Onigoori, a kind of rice ball.

A "present" Pokemon that is given to you on your birthday (which is registered into the 3DS already). Not a super great Pokemon for online battling, but it would be a cool thing just to have. It could even evolve into something? Goes from a present to a ______ Pinata? Party hat? Cake?

Rob234111 said:
A "present" Pokemon that is given to you on your birthday (which is registered into the 3DS already). Not a super great Pokemon for online battling, but it would be a cool thing just to have. It could even evolve into something? Goes from a present to a ______ Pinata? Party hat? Cake?

Thats actually a really cool idea !!!

it'd be neat if you could choose the design for it too!!!

That way we could all have the same pokemon but we could all have different looking ones, imagine being able to draw a design with your stylus and have that be the "wrapping paper"

!!!! oh man!!

Now that they've gone 3-d it'd be easier than ever to let players draw their own pokemon and translate it into a model.

Unfortunately every time a game lets people do this, millions immediately draw inappropriate things.

Back