XY What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokémon based on?

AdamLambert

Aspiring Potato
We've gone from Magnets to Gears. From Pokeballs to Ice cream. Are there any inanimate objects that you want to see made into a Pokemon? Or do you dislike object Pokemon?

RE: What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokemon based on?

I love object Pokemon. I was actually thinking about this on the way to the bank today, and I saw a chunk of the road, and I thought: Tar. We need a really cool tar monster Pokemon. Either modern (based on roads/highways and such), or ancient (something to do with those old tar pits we keep finding fossils in? Good idea for a fossil Mon.)
I would also love a Pokemon based on a sprite. Like, maybe it has a concrete base, but the actual form of it is a 2-dimensional blocky projection. The base form would look like primitive Atari graphics, then the next evolution would be 8-bit, then 16-bit. Or even polygonal.
Those are just my ideas so far; I'll probably come up with more d:

Re: What are some inanimate objects that you want a Pokemon based on?

I had the thought of having some sort of pot or pan that was fire/water type. Would be weird, but definitely interesting to see xD

frezgle said:
I love object Pokemon. I was actually thinking about this on the way to the bank today, and I saw a chunk of the road, and I thought: Tar. We need a really cool tar monster Pokemon. Either modern (based on roads/highways and such), or ancient (something to do with those old tar pits we keep finding fossils in? Good idea for a fossil Mon.)
I would also love a Pokemon based on a sprite. Like, maybe it has a concrete base, but the actual form of it is a 2-dimensional blocky projection. The base form would look like primitive Atari graphics, then the next evolution would be 8-bit, then 16-bit. Or even polygonal.
Those are just my ideas so far; I'll probably come up with more d:

I've actually created a tar monster Pokemon of my own. It looked a bit like Muk. I would assume the type would be either pure Poison or Poison/Dark

AdamLambert said:
I've actually created a tar monster Pokemon of my own. It looked a bit like Muk. I would assume the type would be either pure Poison or Poison/Dark

My idea was Rock/Poison, which hasn't (I think?) been done before. 4x Ground weakness be damned; it'd still be cool.

A tar pit would be an awesome area to find a few prehistoric pokemon as well as this new proposed tar pokemon and maybe even the region fossils. I am all about this idea! Maybe post national dex, you could excavate an area in it and find old fossil pokemon...

I really want a mirror based Pokemon. I can see it being the 'Bronzong/Claydol' of this generation, with it being a Psychic/Steel.
Or have two mirrors as a duo and have one Psychic/Steel and one Psychic/Water.

A grandfather clock would be good as well.

Also, I want a croissant Pokemon. I don't care if food based Pokemon are 'uncreative'. They are cool. I can kind of see a croissant being used in a Parisian bakery styled Gym.

In the spirit of Paris, France and related things I have a few

*Perfume Bottle poison/water -poison/normal
*stuffed animal (different from banette) psychic/dark or psychic/normal
*beret normal
*coffee pokemon water/dark
*fashion pokemon (may not necessarily be inanimate, but you never know)

I know it's probably too weird to actually happen, but I'd love a Crane pokemon, I think that'd be pretty awesome.

Thief said:
In the spirit of Paris, France and related things I have a few

*Perfume Bottle poison/water -poison/normal
*stuffed animal (different from banette) psychic/dark or psychic/normal
*beret normal
*coffee pokemon water/dark
*fashion pokemon (may not necessarily be inanimate, but you never know)
A coffee Pokemon would make my life complete

I can see a fashion Pokemon as being veryyy creative. although every genwunner would label it as lazy and uncreative because genwunner logic
One idea for it:
-Pure Normal type mannequin
-We get type themed outfits for each type (eg Poison Suit, Grass Dress etc)
-When attached to the mannequin Pokemon, its appearance changes to include the clothes its wearing.
-It becomes a dual type, with the first being Normal and the second being the type of its outfit (eg. a Poison Suit mannequinmon would make it a Normal/Poison type). It could have a signature move ala Judgement where its type changes depending on the held item.

edit: added sentence onto last point about signature move

P.DelSlayer said:
I really want a mirror based Pokemon. I can see it being the 'Bronzong/Claydol' of this generation, with it being a Psychic/Steel.

We already have Bronzor, though. Bronzor is a mirror. Also Cryogonal seems to be partially based on a mirror.

A chair Pokemon. There was another thread somewhere here that was "New pokemon you want to see in X and Y", and I remember someone posting a picture of a pretty badass chair pokemon.

a baguette

Object Pokemon are a bit odd to me...they don't really feel like much of anything. But I'd like to see something involving food in some way, considering that France is pretty well-known for its cuisine.

iTeruri said:
P.DelSlayer said:

We already have Bronzor, though. Bronzor is a mirror. Also Cryogonal seems to be partially based on a mirror.

I mean an actual line(s) that you can look at and say 'mirror'. Before I Bulbapedia'd it, I thought Bronzor was a plate or something.
And its not like we can have different Pokemon with similar basis (see: all the Fire canines).
They could have different frames as a thing similar to gender differences, but not actually have genders. (eg. you have a 50% chance of finding a circular one, and a 50% chance of finding a rectangular one)
And I never really saw Cryogonal as a mirror, just a rubbish ugly snowflake.

A tree Pokemon would be nice too. It could even branch off into different evolutions:
-basic one has purpley smokey stuffs coming out of it, pure Grass
-use a Fire Stone and you get a Grass/Fire burning tree, with purple flames.
-Use a Dusk Stone and you get a Grass/Ghost haunted tree, with purple smoke forming a creepy face.

Also, the same typings but on different Pokemon
-jack o'lantern, seems like a good candidate for either: a) a pumpkin with a huge flame coming out of its head, or b) a possesed pumpkin which looks like a classic halloween pumpkin

Fruit pokemon = yes
We have a pineapple already; Ludicolo

Otherwise, i'm 'meh' towards object mons.

Magnemite, Muk, and Chandelure are my favorite inanimate object Pokemon, so I would like to see something similar to them. I think a Pumpkin Pokemon has the potential to be really cool.

I'd like to see some sort of origami based pokemon. Maybe it could start as a simple paper and then evolve to differently colored origami animals? They could keep some of the papery look and gain some type specific extras.

An electric-type or electric-steel tesla coil Pokemon. 2 stage would be cool

I would also love to see a Pokemon based on an incandescent light bulb that evolves into a neon light, and its last stage is based off LEDs (looks like a robot covered in LEDs or something? I don't know) for a pretty powerful pure-electric line and to show off how lighting has evolved through time.

Last but not least, I think a Pokemon based off old-school vector graphics that would be interesting, it should have two stages of evolution. Electric type, of course. Why should Porygon be the only digital Pokemon?

Can you tell that I like the electric type? I just think that there is so much you can do with that type...

I'd love to see some sort of Mirror-like Pokemon, an Incubator (the things that keep eggs or something warm), and a Christmas Tree Pokemon.

Nightingirle said:
I'd like to see some sort of origami based pokemon. Maybe it could start as a simple paper and then evolve to differently colored origami animals? They could keep some of the papery look and gain some type specific extras.
An origami mon would be cool. I remember seeing a Fakemon somewhere of an origami paper swan line. If I find it, I'll put it here.

As posted by CyberCat, Electric type has a lot of potential. I'd love to see them make an electricity generator Pokemon (think Helioptile but a LOT more robotic), which evolves into something looking like a small living power plant. It would be the perfect candidate for Electric/Steel, a typing which I think hasn't had its true potential out yet.

Back