Finished Werewolf XXIV: The Wizarding War - The Order of the Phoenix is the Winner!

Status
Not open for further replies.
RE: Werewolf XXIV: The Wizarding War - Day 9 ends February 4th, at 23:59 GMT

Celever said:
KoN, who else would you put in the Ministry chat before Mafalda?

Not sure, don't care enough to look it up. It's down to either you or TT, and TT has a far more believable claim.

The last few wizards were eager to find the final Death Eaters amongst them. As a clever idea, one of them thought that his spell could help them narrow the suspects.

"It needs to be done... Silencio!", cried the wizard.

A flashing light flew from the wizard's wand and landed on his target.

Current Vote Count:

• TwistedTurtwig: 1 (Celever)
  • Celever: 3 (TwistedTurtwig, Keeper of Night)

Notes:
  • 4 votes to end the day before time, with a Lynch.
  • Current lynch candidate(s): Celever.
  • ~53 hours remain before Day ends.

Game Continues

TwistedTurtwig said:
Celever said:
Please note, Hagrid, that you are not clean by any means. Whether you have claimed Hagrid or not, he's not Dumbledore or any of the others, so he is a feasible wolf safe claim.

Says the guy who claims he's Mafalda Hopkirk. She was mentioned, what, maybe once in the entire series? You must have had to pick a pretty vague character to avoid being suspected, Death Eater. On the other hand, I'm Hagrid. Hagrid, the guy who's a major figure among the Hogwarts faculty and an important character in all seven of the books. Saying that Hagrid is a feasible wolf claim when you've got people like Mad-Eye Moody, Horace Slughorn, and Narcissa Malfoy in the game is absurd. Luis and SF would have had to be insane not to have included him among the town's players.
Says the guy who was name-claimed by scum. Come on, TT, you can play hugely better.

Celever said:
Your actions aren't overly towny (silence is a widely used scum role) and you are not confirmed town in any other way. Note that the only person who tried to confirm you as town was MtC: scum. As such, I also don't consider KoN clear (could have been a gambit by you to gain his trust, TT) because only an indie was revealed on the list. It was a huge gambit to make, but with huge pay off.
How is KoN not clear? The person in question on his list that wasn't aligned with the Order was a member of the indie faction, which KoN had no way of knowing. He would have had to been extremely lucky to make a guess that accurate with such a large list.
Err what? How do you know that KoN had no way of knowing? Cause you are the last scum? Are you sure KoN had to be extremely lucky? If he is scum, he has the whole death eaters in his knowledge, and probably can guess the one or two remaining Indies. Only mild luck here. Futhermore, this point of Celever's was based off this post in the QT of mine:

bbninjas said:
I think TT may be scum. I can imagine a elaborate set up between MtC and TT to make TT's role name 'proven' town. There is also the possibility of Keeper being the last scum, since only an Indie was on the list.

Now, Keeper is certainly acting in a townier way than the previous Day, so I'm more inclined to believe him. I know that Celever is town, Wailord and Brave are cleared. Making the last scum you.

There's also this to consider, which I'd forgotten about until recently:

The Game Master said:
George Weasley (Vom)

Alignment: Order of the Phoenix
You’re one of the Weasley twins. You obviously care about your family, but your brother more than anything. Together, you’re to battle along the Order against the Death Eaters.

Passive Ability: Marauder’s Map
You can spot everything that happens in the castle with the Marauder’s Map. Once every even-numbered night you’ll receive a random action that was performed. However, the performers will be described with their role names instead of their actual names.

Affiliation: Twin Thoughts
You are extremely close with your twin brother. Thus, you’ll be able to talk to him freely in a separate chat (You’ll receive the link to the Quicktopic in a separate PM).

Single-use Spell: Confundus
The confusion spell. Once during the game at night, you may PM me a player name. A dull light will fly up to the player and confuse him. Every vote that player casts during the following day will randomly be assigned to someone else instead of their initial target.

Win Condition: All Threats to the Order are eliminated.

Vom's role confirms that Fred Weasley is still among the six living players for sure, and Wailord has claimed him. Fred Weasley is 100% a member of the Order, and no one has counter claimed him. Wailord is also clear.
Thankyou for pointing that out and trying to gain more trust. I would like to know why you didn't reply to KEEPERS post that seemed to point at Wailord being scum.

That means that I know for a fact that you're the last scum. There's no other ways around it, Celever. Squirm all you want, but you're not going to get away from me.
Nor you getting away from me.

##VOTE: Celever

Try to counter me with more faulty arguments, and I can and will silence you. There's only two more votes needed for us to win the game. Keeper, bbninjas, Wailord, Brave, I'd recommend you all follow my lead.
What is the problem with you silencing him? I can speak for him. And, no, I'm not following. Your case is pathetic.

Celever said:
TwistedTurtwig said:
Says the guy who claims he's Mafalda Hopkirk. She was mentioned, what, maybe once in the entire series? You must have had to pick a pretty vague character to avoid being suspected, Death Eater. On the other hand, I'm Hagrid. Hagrid, the guy who's a major figure among the Hogwarts faculty and an important character in all seven of the books. Saying that Hagrid is a feasible wolf claim when you've got people like Mad-Eye Moody, Horace Slughorn, and Narcissa Malfoy in the game is absurd. Luis and SF would have had to be insane not to have included him among the town's players.

Why would I have picked a "pretty vague character"? If I were a Death Eater, I would have a safe claim, surely? Besides, when you design a game with mason groups, you design those first (or I do, anyway, alongside most other game hosts). Give me a bigger ministry worker in the franchise. Oh, you can't? Hell, Luis brought Barty Crouch Sr. back from the dead to use him as a role in the ministry; me being a minor character is hardly farfetch'd. Furthermore, Alastor Moody is iconic to the franchise (just as much as Hagrid) and Narcissa Malfoy would have been a role to cater for having the Malfoy Manor QT, which actually contributes to my theory of why I'm an obscure character. Horace Slughorn is an interesting pick, however you ARE forgetting about the fact that the town also needs to have some obscure characters in a flavour locked game, so that the town can't just massclaim and confirm all of their town players, and Slughorn fits the bill for that role pretty well (obscure enough to not be confo-town, but also important enough to not be a completely obscure choice).
This. Luis is not stupid and would not allow the possibility of the town to full claim.

The point of a wolf's safe claim is to be a believable town role. Hagrid is just that. At the start of the game I thought that Dobby, for example, was on the town for sure, as he is one of the single most iconic characters in the entire franchise, and he isn't. Hagrid is on about the same levels as Dobby.
Same though. Dobby and Hagrid are the same importance (heck, I know more about Dobby than Hagrid).

Hagrid said:
How is KoN not clear? The person in question on his list that wasn't aligned with the Order was a member of the indie faction, which KoN had no way of knowing. He would have had to been extremely lucky to make a guess that accurate with such a large list.

Not necessarily. TheGuy being indie was pretty obvious (even I could see it o_O) and AtA was already dead. bbninjas was confirmed, so that left Lenny, Vom and OAP, all of whom were pretty easy town reads to make. A gamble? Yeah, but it had a huge pay off, and they were easy reads to make. Not exactly luck, there, as I'd say he strategically chose some of the most likely townies for the list, and a clear indie.
This.

Wolf said:
There's also this to consider, which I'd forgotten about until recently:

Vom's role confirms that Fred Weasley is still among the six living players for sure, and Wailord has claimed him. Fred Weasley is 100% a member of the Order, and no one has counter claimed him. Wailord is also clear.

This is very true. I stated in my post earlier that the only three non-confo townies are KoN, TT and myself.

Desperate Death Eater said:
That means that I know for a fact that you're the last scum. There's no other ways around it, Celever. Squirm all you want, but you're not going to get away from me.

Try to counter me with more faulty arguments, and I can and will silence you. There's only two more votes needed for us to win the game. Keeper, bbninjas, Wailord, Brave, I'd recommend you all follow my lead.

You don't know for a fact that I'm the last scum. In fact, I'd say you know for a fact that I'm not, seeing as how you are currently the scummiest player. Don't think I forgot about your buss of PMJ, either!
This

If you silence me you will show that you do indeed have a spell found almost exclusive on wolf factions. In fact, looking at the theme of the spells found on the Death Eaters so far, I'd say it's actually fairly LIKELY for their spell to be a silence. They've had a second kill and a recruit, so if their spell isn't actually a silence this will be the first game I've played with two of those actions and not the third on one faction.

Furthermore, Hagrid has never used Silencio in his life, and it's not in-character for him to have it at all. My character has never used a spell in her life, but I was given Flagrate, a very clever spell for Mafalda to have because the whole point of her is writing. What connection does Hagrid have to Silencio, or silencing people as an act? Nothing!
In fact, it's the Death Eaters that used Silencio.

When I was typing out that paragraph, I actually remembered something. The town already has a silencer! We haven't had one flip yet, but in the mason chat, Teal posted this ages ago:
"You were sneakely given a Mute Potion during breakfast, and is finally making effect. You can no longer post in the Game Thread or in any of the Quicktopics you're part of. The potion's effect will fade at the end of the day."
A Mute Potion? Hmm... who could that be? Well, everyone has claimed besides Fred Weasley. A Mute Potion? Yeah, that sounds like the sort of thing which one of the Weasley twins would use: it sounds like a prank, and a fun little item to use for a prank as well, which is what the Weasley twins are all about. The Mute Potion isn't actually real, looking at the wiki, but I would be willing to bet that Wailord will claim said action when he appears some time today. Why would Teal lie, and why would a Death Eater have something as fun sounding as a Mute Potion? It just doesn't make sense!
This.

So follow TT and lose. Fun game, huh?

If TT silences me, please lynch him. I'm the only person attacking him, so silencing him is only in his best interests. With so few players now, we need everyone as active as possible.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Who wants to take bets on which Death Eater he is? I'm thinking Barty Crouch Jr.

P.S: This was dumb. bb's role makes it seem fairly likely that Barty Crouch Jr. is the last Death Eater, sure, but you CANNOT say it with such certainty. It just shows that you are in fact Barty Crouch Jr....

Keeper of Night said:
...Who the heck is Mafalda?
Mafalda is a member of the Wizengamot's Court. And if you did research, she did have a notable role. But you didn't research, and you are bandwagoning. Which you do not do unless you are scum.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Celever said:
If TT silences me, please lynch him. I'm the only person attacking him, so silencing him is only in his best interests. With so few players now, we need everyone as active as possible.

Consider it done. It'll save you the need to founder about.

Good game, Barty!
Please explain to me why Barty is in the Wizengamot Court?

Here is my tl;dr of TT's and Celever's cases:

TT (saying Celever is scum):
  • Mafalda is a weird name-claim, and (apparently) the least likely town claim of every name claim provided.
  • That's it.

Celever (saying TT is scum):
  • The Hagrid name-claim was confirmed by Scum MtC.
  • Silencing spells are scummy (particularly if the town silence has been used).
  • TT has not been confirmed by anything except for a nameclaim. Celever has been confirmed in-QT, Brave, bb and Wailord are all claimed by names and Keeper's ability, while Keeper is claimed from name and being hugely helpful to the town.

Now that is 1:3 ratio. Pretty under balanced. Now my points:

I have always found Hagrid being confirmed by scum MtC a huge problem. If MtC was playing at the strategy capacity he normally is, he would not go and name claim as many people as possible when scum. The ONLY reason he would confirm a name would be to provide a safe, 'confirmed' name claim for a SCUM. TwistedTurtwig.

And why would a town have a spell to silence, if there has already been a silence performed, obviously by Town? And Silencio? Luis could have chosen a better spell for 'Hagrid'. Silencio sounds more like a spell for Barty. Which I am certain is the last scum role.

Now, what, besides a nameclaim, has reliably confirmed TT? Nothing. There is more things that confirms Celever than TT (such as being in the QT, and the Aura Scan, for a start).

Next, TT has been going along is normal scum play. Active in the start and the end of the game, but really quiet in the Middle stages.

TT OMGUS'd Celever. Celever made a case and voted against TT, and then TT turned back and attacked Celever. OMGUS.

TT IGNORED ME. *GRUMBLEFOOT STOMP*
I specifically asked for the actions he performed and who on. He ignored this, and has failed to answer it. And I'm still waiting...

Twisted, Keeper, point out exactly what else makes Celever scum. His role is terribly useless for a scum (like, who would listen to his letters, and what makes his spell useful for the scum), and since Celever role claimed N3, he would have no idea if there was a role fisher in the house. Theoretically, if his is scum, he would need to claim as much of his real role, in case he is seer'd.

And... it looks like Celever name-claimed me. So I may as well role claim:
Luispipe8 said:

The Game Master said:
Bartemius Crouch, Sr. (bbninjas)

After the Tri-Wizard Tournament, everyone thought you were dead. However, you were just under a strong petrification spell that your son casted on you. Now that you’re all good, you’re ready to stop the Death Eater’s progress towards the Ministry. And even more importantly: see if your son is still somewhere out there.

Ability: Wizengamot’s Head Jury
You are the Head Jury of the Wizengamot’s court. If something extreme was to happen, you’ll be given the ultimate decision. Once a night, you may PM me a player name. If that player was to be lynched the following day, that lynch won’t happen.

Affiliation: Ministry of Magic
You are part of the Ministry of Magic. Hence, you’ll be able to talk to them freely in a separate chat (You’ll receive the link to the Quicktopic in a separate PM).

Single-use Spell: Mimble Wimble
The tongue-tying spell. Once during the game at night, you may PM me to cast this spell. This spell will fly all over the area, leaving those affected with an inability to talk. Because of this, all lethal effects that were to happen that night won’t go through.

I've used Mimble Wimble N3, which blocked a kill of the Indies (Bigfoot was killed N2, found dead N3) and the Death Eaters.

Next, Celever cannot be lynched. I used my ability on him last night, meaning he can't be lynched. Therefore, trying to lynch Celever will result in a no lynch, and that will be HUGELY detrimental to the Town and extremely helpful to the last Scum (giving the scum a free kill, which can allow the scum to get 2 more lynched and 2 killed). So, we should be lynching the other suspect, TT, and if he flips town (which I highly doubt), I will not use my ability and we can lynch Celever tomorrow.

tl;dr
  • TT has not been confirmed by anything except for a nameclaim.
  • TT is playing his normal scum walk.
  • TT OMGUS'd Celever.
  • Celever has very likely claimed is real actions, which are near no help to the scum.
  • TT ignored a role-related question that could help the Town.
  • Celever can't be lynched anyhow, today...
So, time to vote. And, if you're town, you would follow my lead.

##VOTE: TwistedTurtwig

And, gosh, that was long... >.>

Oh, and after all of that, I forgot to point out this:

Why did TT choose to silence someone this late into the game? In fact, why would you choose to silence the person you are attacking! If you where town, you would let your 'defender' talk, so you can analyse MORE of the defender's posts. You also are dropping the activity by a huge quantity. Both detrimental.

This, BTW, is the situation I can imagine if TT is scum (assuming we lynch Celever):
  • Celever is lynched. 5 players, 3 for majority lynch.
  • Scum kill. 4 players, 2/3 majority lynch.
  • Mislynch === game. If the majority is 2, all TT has to do is vote for a single person who is town, and win the game. If the majority is 3, he can easily trick one of the 3 remaining players to vote for a non-town, and then add his vote for game. Both HUGE risks.

If TT is town:
  • TT is lynched. 5 players, 3 for majority lynch.
  • Scum kill. 4 players, 2/3 majority lynch.
  • Mislynch === game. If the majority is 2, Town must be extremely careful who to vote and take huge care. If the majority is 3, then the town has more breathing space, and can make an easier and less risky decision.

Wailord, please role claim, tell us about this potion and vote for TT.

(and sorry about the quadruple post).

Okay, so like I said before I'm Fred Weasley. This is my full role.
Luispipe8 said:

The Game Master said:
Fred Weasley (Wailord_2)

You’re one of the Weasley twins. You obviously care about your family, but your brother more than anything. Together, you’re to battle along the Order against the Death Eaters.

Passive Ability: Marauder’s Map
You can spot everything that happens in the castle with the Marauder’s Map. Once every even-numbered night you’ll receive a random action that was performed. However, the performers will be described with their role names instead of their actual names.

Affiliation: Twin Thoughts
You are extremely close with your twin brother. Thus, you’ll be able to talk to him freely in a separate chat (You’ll receive the link to the Quicktopic in a separate PM).

Single-use Spell: Cistem Aperio
The unlocking spell. Once during the game at day, you may PM me to cast this spell. A flash of light will shine across the castle, opening every room you can imagine. Because of this, each player can hide easier, so it’ll take one more vote to lynch them.

I never used my spell, because I never really had the use for it. This past night. my action from Marauder's Map was Bartemius Crouch, Jr. targeted Luna Lovegood with an Ability. This means that Barty Crouch Jr is in the game and the last death eater.
I;d like to hear from Brave to see if he got alerted that anything specific happened to him last night.
I feel like TT is most likely to be Crouch, since he has the silencing ability, which makes no sense for Hagrid, or any townsmember. ##VOTE: TwistedTurtwig

Also, I'd like to say that I don't know anything about the Mute Potion that was mentioned earlier. I was not responsible for that, and I have no idea who was.

Ok, to start off, you make a lot of good points. I'm not surprised that you support Celever, given that he's had the entire game so far to manipulate you. Also, I somehow missed your post asking me to provide my results. I've got them all organized and ready to go, but it's going to take some time for me to fully reply to your own giga-post. I have to thank you though, while checking my PMs for my previous actions, I found another incriminating piece of evidence that points to Celever. I can't wait to drop this bomb.

Give me twenty-thirty minutes, and I'll have everything cleared up.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Ok, to start off, you make a lot of good points. I'm not surprised that you support Celever, given that he's had the entire game so far to manipulate you. Also, I somehow missed your post asking me to provide my results. I've got them all organized and ready to go, but it's going to take some time for me to fully reply to your own giga-post. I have to thank you though, while checking my PMs for my previous actions, I found another incriminating piece of evidence that points to Celever. I can't wait to drop this bomb.

Give me twenty-thirty minutes, and I'll have everything cleared up.
You don't miss posts. Sorry.
Now, people, watch out for this bomb. I still have a few pieces of knowledge up my sleeve, and I may have an explanation of why this 'thing' may have occurred...

Sadly, I will only be around for five, cause school is awesome.

Another thing I thought of...
Barty Jnr has had the ability to change his appearance. I can imagine Luis giving at least Hagrid as a safe claim, if not a full safe role, as a reference to this.

And please don't blindly lynch while I am at school...

Here's everything in regards to my ability usage and other messages I've received over the course of the game:

Groundskeeping Ability said:
N0: Did not use
- I submitted an hour after the deadline was due so it didn't go through.
N1: Targeted Machamp the Champion, MtC targeted Reinforce
- The only positive result I've gotten from my ability the entire game. I knew Reinforce was clear for a couple of days before he died.
N2: Targeted One Approved, OA did not target any members of the Order
N3: Targeted Squirtle Squad, Blocked
- This was the night everyone's actions were blocked. I still thought SS was Kreacher at the time and that he had an ability, so I "knew" I could get a result.
N4: Targeted Machamp the Champion, Blocked
- This was the night when the Dark Mark was cast. After getting this result, I tried leading a lynch against MtC the next day after revealing that I has gotten blocked. He wasn't lynched, but was killed the next night.
N5: Targeted Machamp the Champion, Blocked
- I'll explain why this happened shortly.
N6: Targeted PMJ, PMJ did no target any members of the Order
N7: Targeted PMJ, Blocked
N8: Targeted Keeper of Night, KoN did not target any members of the Order
- I already explained why I targeted KoN.

I also got this letter N5:

Luispipe8 said:
You have received a letter:

This is MTC. I target role names with my ability. I don't know why you were blocked when you targeted me. Unfortunately I don't have any other information to give you.

-Harry Potter

What really interests me is that when I used my ability on Night 5, I had this little exchange with Luis...

Luispipe8 said:
TwistedTurtwig said:
Luispipe8 said:
TwistedTurtwig said:
Tonight, I'd like to use my Groundskeeping ability on Machamp the Champion.

Action Report:
Groundskeeping: Celever: Blocked.

I'd just like to confirm that this is definitely my result, since I targeted Machamp the Champion, not Celever. Is this correct?

Huh... Must have seen something else.

Action Pending. Stand by.
Luispipe8 said:
Action Report:
Groundskeeping: Machamp The Champion: Blocked.

I went back to figure out why I wrote Celever in the first place, and it was because I was reading his PM along yours and my mind got twisted. :p The action was correct, it was just the name what was wrong.

It took me until now to realize why this happened. Celever must have used an ability that same night, since he sent in a PM... but in his claim, he has no abilities that he can be used before death. And I was blocked that night too. Here's what happened: Celever sent in his ability usage which roleblocked me, and Luis got mixed up and ended up giving me a bit of knowledge I shouldn't have had access to.

It gets better. Wailord just said that Barty Crouch (totally called this one) targeted Luna Lovegood with an ability. Brave is Luna. He was blocked last night, but thought it was a negative result from his ability. Need I remind you that when Brave targeted Celever on the night of the Dark Mark, he was similarly blocked? Everything adds up.

TLDR Version:
Celever is Barty Crouch Jr., the last member of the Death Eaters. He is a roleblocker, which accounts for why Brave has been roleblocked twice so far. I've confirmed this through my own ability usage and a conversation with the host himself.

(If you want, I can address your points about me as well, but I needed to get this information out ASAP)

HOLD ON A MINUTE

I FIGURED IT OUT

I KNOW EXACTLY WHY BB IS SIDING WITH CELEVER

This is bbninjas's role flavor:

After the Tri-Wizard Tournament, everyone thought you were dead. However, you were just under a strong petrification spell that your son casted on you. Now that you’re all good, you’re ready to stop the Death Eater’s progress towards the Ministry. And even more importantly: see if your son is still somewhere out there.

Read that last sentence carefully. Finding and reuniting with his son is more important than stopping the death eaters.

bbninjas has a second win condition where he allies with Barty Crouch Jr... AKA CELEVER

He's trying to get me lyched so that his son can survive. It also explains why he used his lynch-protection spell on Celever last night. Game over, you two. Just because we can't lynch Celever today doesn't mean that we can't lynch him tomorrow.

For a while there, I thought you might actually turn the tables on me, but your dad just slipped up big-time, Celever.

Stephen-colbert-celebration-gif.gif

I'm about to go eat dinner, but I see you there Wailord. I trust you to follow my lead.

Current Vote Count:

• TwistedTurtwig: 3 (Celever, bbninjas, Wailord_2)
  • Celever: 3 (TwistedTurtwig, Keeper of Night)

Notes:
  • 4 votes to end the day before time, with a Lynch.
  • Current lynch candidate(s): Celever & TwistedTurtwig.
  • ~49 hours remain before Day ends.

The words in quotations are Celever, the words in bold are bbninjas, and the words in italics are mine.

------------------------​

"Furthermore, Hagrid has never used Silencio in his life, and it's not in-character for him to have it at all. My character has never used a spell in her life, but I was given Flagrate, a very clever spell for Mafalda to have because the whole point of her is writing. What connection does Hagrid have to Silencio, or silencing people as an act? Nothing!"

In fact, it's the Death Eaters that used Silencio.

Nice try, throwing out facts that are completely baseless. There are four known uses of Silencio in HP canon. One of them is for dealing with a magical creature, another was in a Charms class, one was by Hermoine while fighting Death Eaters, and another was by Voldemort. Now tell me again how Silencio is a Death Eater-exclusive spell.
Source: http://harrypotter.wikia.com/wiki/Silencing_Charm
Besides, half of the players in this game have spells that their characters aren't known for. Hagrid isn't known for any spells at all, since he had magic banned for him, but everyone needed to have a spell.

"When I was typing out that paragraph, I actually remembered something. The town already has a silencer! We haven't had one flip yet, but in the mason chat, Teal posted this ages ago:
A Mute Potion? Hmm... who could that be? Well, everyone has claimed besides Fred Weasley. A Mute Potion? Yeah, that sounds like the sort of thing which one of the Weasley twins would use: it sounds like a prank, and a fun little item to use for a prank as well, which is what the Weasley twins are all about. The Mute Potion isn't actually real, looking at the wiki, but I would be willing to bet that Wailord will claim said action when he appears some time today. Why would Teal lie, and why would a Death Eater have something as fun sounding as a Mute Potion? It just doesn't make sense!"

This.

More baseless conjecture. Wailord just confirmed that there is no such thing as a Mute Potion. You could have easily made up that quote by Teal, given the fact that he's now dead and you two are the only ones left in the quicktopic. The lies just stack up more and more...

Keeper of Night said:
...Who the heck is Mafalda?

Mafalda is a member of the Wizengamot's Court. And if you did research, she did have a notable role. But you didn't research, and you are bandwagoning. Which you do not do unless you are scum.

Weird... I thought that I was the scum here! How easily you jump back and forth.

TwistedTurtwig said:
Consider it done. It'll save you the need to founder about.

Good game, Barty!

Please explain to me why Barty is in the Wizengamot Court?

You answered this one yourself. Only you substituted his real safe claim for my role.

bbninjas said:
Another thing I thought of...
Barty Jnr has had the ability to change his appearance. I can imagine Luis giving at least Hagrid as a safe claim, if not a full safe role, as a reference to this.

Here is my tl;dr of TT's and Celever's cases:

TT (saying Celever is scum):
  • Mafalda is a weird name-claim, and (apparently) the least likely town claim of every name claim provided.
  • That's it.
It's a whole lot more complicated that now, as I'm sure you're already aware.

Celever (saying TT is scum):
  • TT has not been confirmed by anything except for a nameclaim. Celever has been confirmed in-QT, Brave, bb and Wailord are all claimed by names and Keeper's ability, while Keeper is claimed from name and being hugely helpful to the town.
- Because MtC couldn't have possibly been trying to use my role to gain town cred. That would never have happened.
- Using an ability to back up a claim is poor reasoning.
- Oh, so because Celever posted his role in a quicktopic but I posted mine in the game thread, his is automatically more believable? If anything, it seems to be the exact opposite.

Now, what, besides a nameclaim, has reliably confirmed TT? Nothing. There is more things that confirms Celever than TT (such as being in the QT, and the Aura Scan, for a start).

You know who else was in the QT? Dolores Umbridge, an independent. Who's to say that there's not a Death Eater in there as well?

Next, TT has been going along is normal scum play. Active in the start and the end of the game, but really quiet in the Middle stages.

Yeah, that's why I was not posting at all when trying to lynch MtC after I was blocked by the Dark Mark in the middle stages of the game.

TT OMGUS'd Celever. Celever made a case and voted against TT, and then TT turned back and attacked Celever. OMGUS.

You really don't know what OMGUS means, do you? It means when you vote for someone specifically because they voted for you. I made my case on Celever and voted for him because I know for a fact that he's scum through my ability. He could have voted for anyone else and I still would have voted for him

TT IGNORED ME. *GRUMBLEFOOT STOMP*
I specifically asked for the actions he performed and who on. He ignored this, and has failed to answer it. And I'm still waiting...

Human error happens. It can be inconvenient, like what happened with me missing your post, but it can still happen.

Twisted, Keeper, point out exactly what else makes Celever scum. His role is terribly useless for a scum (like, who would listen to his letters, and what makes his spell useful for the scum), and since Celever role claimed N3, he would have no idea if there was a role fisher in the house. Theoretically, if his is scum, he would need to claim as much of his real role, in case he is seer'd.

You're right, that's a terrible role for scum. Which is why it's nothing like his real role. There's been two common themes among the claims of the scum so far: house elves and sending letters. Once the scum recruited MtC, they knew they could abuse his letter-sending ability for their own benefit, which is why Camoclone claimed Dobby with the ability to intercept letters. Besides, Celever has no way to confirm his role because both his ability and spell can't be used until after his death. How convenient!

There'll be more to come from me, but this is all for now.

Something else that I just realized is that if we lynch Celever today, thanks to bbninjas's meddling, it'll be a no-lynch. Celever will kill one player (presumably either KoN, Wailord, or Brave since they're all nearly clear), leaving us with five players during the next day. Because bbninjas is sure to use his ability on Celever again and again until the two of them win, our only option is going to have to be to lynch bbninjas at some point. Now, we could do that either today or tomorrow, and if the other town players follow my lead, then we can still win either way. But since no one has yet to respond since I've begun making my posts tonight, I'm going to wait until the morning for any further replies. Here's to hoping that the other town players don't screw up the game before then...

Until then, NOBODY MAKE OR CHANGE YOUR VOTE. This is serious business, and we've got to do this carefully in order to win.

Okay, very interesting. Will replies after H/W.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back